How are you people leveling so fast?!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Arkk, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Arkk New Member

Hey gang,

My wife and I have returned to EQ2 after a long time away. I see people talking about leveling 1-95 in 2-3 days. I understand 2-3 days are the people with mentors and everything. But if we could level a couple weeks, that'd be great! We have no interest in the leveling process and want to get to cap as soon as possible. After learning our classes, we value dungeons and raiding far more than the leveling experience. After 2 nights of questing in Greater Faydark we are level 18.

We have veteran reward EXP potions we can use, but other than that....how are you people leveling so fast?!

Are there areas with significantly higher experience that we should be in? What are we doing wrong?

EDIT: Learning our classes won't be an issue.
  2. valdoras Member

Nobody is soloing to 95 in a week. Not even close if you have only evenings to play also. The people that are getting to cap are also those who probably haven't done a single quest - just grinding in heroic dungeons with mentors or in a group.

Everyone's first toon to endgame takes a long time, your 15th alt however will be significantly faster.

If you are really desperate to get there asap just sell kronos & buy a powerlevel up to low 80s, then level up to 90 through your epic quest + repercussions, then look to join an SS grind group at that point.

Good luck.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

They are being led around by a high level tank in extremely high gear. He pulls and smashes the zone, they get the XP. It is not a 'normal' thing to get to 95 in less than a week. Some of them were exploiting, most of those are closed.
    Finora, Feara and Wirewhisker like this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

It just happens my wife son and I just started new characters this past weekend and we specifically decided NOT to power level. We did no pre planning, made no gear ahead of time and decided screw quests, we hate them.

In 3.5 hours played so far we are level 32.

I don't think you really need mentored power leveling to get the job done.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/450974178999

The played time is way off cause as usual I just left the PC logged on when we finished up.
    Finora and Wirewhisker like this.
  5. Arkk New Member

Could I ask where and how are you leveling? Quests? Dungeons?

Thanks
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Sure. We are a trio, bruiser, inq, and assasin.

We started in frost fang and sort of murdered our way across the zone to get to the bell. We paused at the usual spot where orcs auto respawn and ground till they were blue.

We made a point to get the hell out of there before level 15.

We stopped at the guild hall, hit the broker for 5 mins for some quick gear and hauled *** to blackburrow. We played this zone thru one time and dinged 22.

Called to the guild hall, 5 minutes brokering more quick gear, grabbed random mercs in QH, then ported to fallen Gate. Played this zone thru one time end to end. Dinged around 27.

Portedf to Crushbone keep and played it thru one time and did the instance in the back one time and called to guild hall after dinging 32. Stopped at the broker and setup in level 30 gear.

Next we will go to Runnyeye and play it one time thru.

I should note that as soon as we got the AA slider we set it to 50%. We will leave it there till level 80 where we will grind BGs.
    Finora, Feara and Wirewhisker like this.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Veteran bonus on the account helps a lot too. People often forget about it, but it's certainly a lot easier to level a new toon when they have 100-200% passive exp bonus.
    Feara likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Full disclosure, I have 80% vet bonus. My wife has 20, so I had to periodically mentor her to keep us together.

Without bonuses or will go slower but a couple weeks of reasonable playtime doesn't seem unrealistic.

If you ask me, returning gold players should be entitled to a 100% xp gain for 30 days. You guys are more important to the franchise than tired, bitter, old vets like myself.
    Kuulei, Cyliena and Feara like this.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

And you had a large supply plat/etc. to buy gear/consumables. Probably 1 quest completed? (the ding level 20 one)
    Feara likes this.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

I did spent plat on gear as I said. Couldn't tell you how much or little as I didn't pay any attention. Didn't bother with consumables, but that's an idea.

Had this been preconceived I could have made all the gear ahead of time but this wasd purely spur of the moment.
  11. Ludaa New Member

Ok to jump in here, and yes some of the time was on a double xp weekend but here is a warden I am leveling with a friend who has a Pally and we picked up a Conj at I think 23 because things were just not dying fast enough. This was done just doing quests along the "golden path"
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/450974158682

I believe I may have bought some spells off the broker, and bought some boxes with my mains money, just to dump all the crap I was getting

So if you like questing you can just run the golden path and get there in a couple weeks, and know how to play your character.

Ludaa
  12. Aran Anar Active Member

Go into raid zone with 4x epic mobs then have lv 95 get them and also use a experiance potion you can get over 2,000 exp per kill maybe 4,000 in game. That most lieky how. Myself it more fun go slow and do all the quests your char is better of for it, get acess quest done and learn what game about.
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

...it's what I did. (Well, never the exploit!) A well-geared SK dragging the character I want to level around the zone. The only thing the character to be PL'd is doing is passively buffing (if any). Put on some good music, get a cold drink, maybe watch TV...rinse/repeat, chat with friends. 2 days, 3 tops (not including mythical/Epic Repercussions).

I've said before. Powerleveling is about quantity of mobs, not quality. If I was just leveling a character the 'as intended' way, it would be slower but not as slow as a new person coming into the game. I know my way around and know how to route myself the fastest from place to place. I can be a high-end uber player if I wanted to be, but anymore I can't be arsed - so I just have the game knowledge to move quickly if I was solo leveling.

That all said, if you are new to the game, just play it and enjoy it. The game knowledge people have to powerlevel in 2 or 3 days is gained from 8ish years of EQ2 being an obsession. Just enjoy it - it's worth it.

Raid mobs are too slow for decent XP. You do raid mobs for the AA (and maybe appearance gear), but not to powerlevel to 95.
    Bosconi likes this.
  14. Draylore Well-Known Member

Like others have said.....those stories you read about fast leveling are PL toons using max level geared toons to drag you thru places. Noone is leveling that fast by actually "playing" the game. I recently PL a toon on 2nd account to 95/320 is just under 16 hours played time but that was only possible because of max level tank on the other account and knowing exactly what zones to do......how often and in what order :)

I would look up the dungeon-time line by level on wiki and just stick with them. Outdoor zones suck....Quests suck......
    Even use mentoring to keep good XP zones from going grey. Its more about speed and quantity than anything else. If you find a instance you guys can mow thru that gives decent XP.........do it as many times as you can take. :)

Another option if you really are just after getting to cap asap might be to shop around for people willing to sell PL services on your server. Ideally a well geared SK. Not sure when the next bonus XP weekend is but thats usually a popular time for that stuff.
  15. Lempo Well-Known Member

You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Onorem and Wirewhisker like this.
  16. Laiina Well-Known Member

Yes he does.
  17. Lempo Well-Known Member

If you think a raid zone is an efficient rapid way to level then neither do you.
    Onorem and Wirewhisker like this.
  18. Taka Active Member

i level with my wife, a second account with a 95 warlock.. and just guide him (the toon) around and one shot everything.. if i die.. then i whip out a defiler merc to join our trio and continue to blow dungeons up.. this works til about 86 gear up in othmir.. big jump form 85 to 86 gear then that gear should carry you through to 90, 91 then chains of eternity gear or go directly to skyshrine .. :)
  19. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

QFE.
    Abramov, Bosconi and Wirewhisker like this.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

I assume they were talking about the xp bug it tallons tower raid zone. It was crazy broken for a few years, then they fixed it.
    Wirewhisker likes this.