The Decorator's Resource (Guides and Links)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Afista, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Afista Well-Known Member

In an effort to keep down what could become a large request on multiple sticky lists, trying to consolidate them here.
    Item and Housing References
    EQ2 Furniture - most up-to-date item reference site
    EQ2 Traders Corner - info on all crafted items with highlighted updates on live events and GUs
    EQ2 Design Gallery - housing information and decorated examples
    EQ2 Zam - great source for quested item information
    EverSeek.com - (not updated, but still contains info and images)
    EQ2 Decorators - (not updated, but still contains info and images)

Layout Editing
    EQ2 Designers - download Jesdyr's Layout Editor
    Basic Layout Editing - Gracey's How-To Guide for Getting Started with the Layout Editor
    How To: Layout Editor... - Jazabelle's Tutorials on Layout editing
    Notepad Editing Method - Mistal's Guide to Notepad Editing Layout Files

Dungeon Decorator's Resource
    EQ2 Wiki - Spawners list
    Dungeon Layouts - available zone map images
    Dungeon-only House Items - item sets available for use in dungeon decoration
    EQ2 Wiki - Effect Objects (although not visible, an important part in dungeon design)

Other Guides and Info
    Break-Out Locations
    Newbie Decorator Tips & Tricks - homeshow forum thread
    Archived Forums Tips & Tricks Thread
    The Decorators of Norrath

General Game Info
    Things I Wish I'd Known Earlier

Archived Homeshow Forums
  2. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Sticky please!

Also don't forget everseek.com -- another lovely furniture resource. Not every site is for every person, and the more resources we have, the happier everyone is!
  3. Afista Well-Known Member

Ooooh thought for sure I added Everseek : / Whoops.

Will add it to top as soon as we can edit a post... if we can edit a post... can we please edit our posts?! lol
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Afista Well-Known Member

Consolidated Projects List - links to different decorator's project threads

(again, will add this to the top post if / when we get the ability to edit posts)
  5. Afista Well-Known Member

6. Havoc Active Member

7. Senya Well-Known Member

Sticky please!
  8. Dexella Associate Producer

Stuck! Sorry I missed the request earlier.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

10. pumancat Well-Known Member

The link of " Looking for a Decorator,,,, look here " does not work. Get message " you do not have permission".
  11. Afista Well-Known Member

That's odd, the initial link to that is the same as the one Neversea posted a bit further down to the consolidated works list.

Either way, it's not good because we cannot edit our initial posts to add decorator's info to the top in that post. So, I made This Page with links to decorator's albums and it's sorted by server they are on. If there are more decorator's who have albums set up somewhere, let me know and I'll add you to the list!
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

13. Afista Well-Known Member

14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

15. Dexella Associate Producer

Hey all,

Okay! I've edited the top post with the links mentioned in this thread and cleaned up the stickies at the top of the forum. Everything should be much easier to access now. :)

If you have any more links to add, just send me or Amnerys a PM and let us know. We're happy to add to the link list to help y'all out.

Thanks,
    Dexella
  16. suka Well-Known Member

what i really wish is that we could get a system in eq2 similar to the one in eq1. It has something called free placement- which means that you can choose to put something where you want. and it has other modes like wall - so if you want to put something on a wall you can but if you prefer to lay your picture flat on top of something to make a table out of it, you can. of course, i also wish our weapons and shields were placeable like in eq1 too. i love decorating there- but they don't have the big pretty houses or all of the flowers and pets and things like eq2 has.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

I also wish we could get some pop-up text boxes for our houses like they have in dungeon maker.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the thing that allows you to add flavor text to the mobs or the window that shows all the stuff that you can place in the dungeon?
  19. suka Well-Known Member

no- the pop-up text you buy in the marketplace that gives red or blue, etc, text when you get close but you can't see the box in the published dungeon. in a house, i would simply bury the box that i would make tiny. I have also seen these boxes used in guild halls where you enter the door and you get a big "Welcome to ...". I would like mine to say "The book on the table will tell you all about this house" or something to that effect - before i knew about player written books, i always assumed the books were looted like the others and beyond checking them out if i liked the cover because i wanted to go quest for it or loot it, i never read them.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

guess i could put up a sign though - maybe people would read the sign
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and voodedoo like this.