Daily Tinkering Tasks?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tesshin, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Tesshin Member

Is there a possibility of daily tinkering tasks being added to the game? We already have daily adorning, and that really helps us level up fast, not to mention, the tradeskill bonus.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

We only ever got daily adorning because it was a truly expensive and painful process to attempt to level it. Tinkering doesn't really need any more help than is already available. We have plenty of items that give bonuses to cross whatever gaps may exist.
    Rotherian likes this.
  3. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I agree. If anything, they should put in daily transmuting tasks way before they even think of putting in a daily tinkering task. The way I envision it is that the NPC would give you a pile of things to transmute, and a quest to turn a given number into subcomponents (different from the ones used for standard adorning, of course). Then once the quest is complete, the player turns the subcomponents, anything left from the pile, and the quest back in to the NPC.

Note: this thread probably belongs in Tradeskills instead of General Gameplay Discussion.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be easier to have crafted items be transmutable? Even if it only gave one of the lowest ingredient, it would be good for skilling up.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Probably. It would also be easier if they didn't restrict certain categories of Mastercrafted from being transmuted (i.e. furniture, ammo, and food/drink). While I understand the reasoning for furniture (it doesn't have a level, so it would be pretty hard to assign a relative transmuting difficulty for it - unless they based it off of the crafting level necessary to produce the item and just put that info in the tooltip*), as well as the reasoning for ammo (each iteration makes multiples - but that could be overcome by just having a single transmute affect the same number of items that were produced in a single iteration) and provisions (there are no mastercrafted food/drinks in the conventional sense - i.e. from advanced versions of the essentials books; this one, admittedly would be difficult to overcome, as few folks would be willing to transmute mastercrafted provisions**) it would still be nice to be able to transmute the stuff.

Edit: forgot to include the asterisked stuff.

* They could put in an a toggle-able option that allows players to display the minimum transmuting level required to transmute a given item in the tooltip. That way, people who want secondary crafts to be hardcore can opt not to use it, while those that would prefer to use it could do so.

** Legendary provisions (like the stuff that was overflowing our guild bank slots and personal bank slots until we got the guild food/drink box - from all those SS AS runs) on the other hand would probably be transmuted in a heartbeat, were it permitted. :p
  6. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Definitely would like to see a daily transmuting quest. Not opposed to a tinkering one, just don't see the need. With progress potions and only needing to fill the first bar you can pretty much kick it out to max level in a few hours over a couple of days.