New Moonlight Enchantment Content - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Audleigh, May 15, 2013.

1. Audleigh New Member

The Moonlight Enchantments have come to the test server a little early this month, as we bring you:

Two new repeatable tradeskill quests!
    • "Comforting Confections" - Speak with Shasta Evergreen in the Enchanted Zygomyd Grotto
    • "Blooming Good Tea" - Speak with Odeyana in the Enchanted Fay Grotto

New merchant items! (You can take a look at Afista’s wonderful post for previews):

an earthspirit trader, found in the Enchanted Zygomyd Grotto:
    • Murky Stone
    • Umber Boulder
    • Bleached Limestone
    • Moss Agate Stone
    • Mature Blue Fungus
    • Nektulos Owlbear Plushie

a naiad trader, found in the Enchanted Naiad Grotto:
    • Nektulos Shade Fern
    • Sundered Succulent
    • Coast Barrel Cactus
    • Booming Desert Thistle
    • Enchanted Lasher Plushie

a brownie trader, found in the Enchanted Brownie Grotto:
    • Arid Flames Palm
    • Ancient Sands Palm
    • Darklight Sapling
    • Brittle Wastes Oak
    • Darklight Growler Plushie

a pixie trader, found in the Enchanted Fay Grotto:
    • Darkened Healianthus
    • Withered Lands Orchid
    • Faydark Guardian Plushie

a dryad trader, found in the Enchanted Dryad Grotto:
    • Lavender Sand Urchin Shell
    • Teal Clamshell
    • Antonican Grizzly Plushie
    • Sparkly Water Tile

This event content is scheduled to run on the 20th of every month starting at 12:01 AM PST time until 11:59 PM PST time on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with the new content in this thread. Thanks a ton!

- Audleigh
    suka, brokenshieldd and Ahma like this.
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Oh goody, I was a bit tired of making root beer so a new repeatable would be grand!
    Audleigh likes this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I ran through both of these tonight. They both functioned correctly as far as I could tell crafting wise. The quest givers are missing their overhead icons though. No feather to indicate they have a quest or book to indicate the turn in.
    My thoughts:

It would be awesome if the recipes either auto-scribed like so many of our new crafting quest ones do, or if they stayed in our books like the root beer one.

In the Greater Faydark grotto, it took me a while to actually locate the hives. Could be I was blind, could be I was unlucky, but they seem to be far too few for the size of the zone. Also, the flower you currently get the recipe from looks exactly like the flowers you harvest for the quest so I ended up with like 8 pages in my inventory wondering why I wasn't getting quest updates for harvesting the flower.

Other than these things, it really seems they are working great =). Thanks for adding new ways to grind up more tokens to slake our desire for the house items. ;)
    Audleigh, Feara and Deveryn like this.
  4. Edelphia Well-Known Member

OOOH! I get goose bumps thinking of new quests other than making root beer! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
    Audleigh likes this.
  5. brokenshieldd Active Member

Like finora I ran them this morning and like she said no feathers or book over there heads.

But thank you for adding the new quest and the new stuff you can buy with the tokens=)
    Audleigh likes this.
  6. Afista Well-Known Member

Thank you for the new quests! I think a lot of people were up to their eyeballs in rootbeer ;) And it adds to the variety for those who just like to run a single quest run in each instance as opposed to sitting and crafting for hours.

Feedback on new quests:

G-Fay Grotto
    · Odeyana missing quest feather & book icon on turn-in
    · Yellow Flower crafting station is missing a label to identify it (such as “brew stump” in other grotto)
    · Recipe should stay in your book. It’s annoying to have to re-scribe it each time. And if so, there’s no need for the little purple recipe flower.
    · Purple Recipe flower- missing label to “gather recipe”. I sat there harvesting wondering why I wasn’t getting component updates until I realized it was just giving the recipe scroll over and over again.
    · The beehives are much less common than flowers. With how large the zone is, the spawn rate should be a bit higher or more concentrated.

Nek Grotto
    · Shasta Evergreen missing quest feather and book icon to turn in
    · Campfire crafting station is missing label to identify it
    · Recipe should stay in your book and not have to re-scribe.
  7. Audleigh New Member

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

- Hrm, I'm not sure why the quest feathers/books would be missing, and will look into it right away.
    - I went back and forth on the auto-scribe/remove recipe issue, so I certainly appreciate hearing what you all think of the current set up. The debate is ongoing.
    - There should be the same amount of hives as flowers, but they are spread further out. I can definitely add more to the zone!

I'll let everyone know when I make any changes. Thanks again!

- Audleigh
    Afista and Finora like this.
  8. Afista Well-Known Member

The items are awesome too, so thank-you for adding them! Here's a bit of feedback for them.

Item Feedback
    · Moss Agate Stone – No collision (seems like a rock should have collision. Although I suppose it could be a trick rock :p)
    · Watery Tile – invisible when placing from inventory (can see ok when just moving)
    · Sparkly Water Tile - invisible when placing from inventory (can see ok when just moving)
    o Also, is it possible to remove the collision from the water tiles?
    · Items Missing Art on their bottoms:
    o Britle Wastes Oak
    o Ancient Sands Palm
    o Arid Flames Palm
    o Darklight Sapling
    o Mature Blue Fungus
    o Sundered Succulent

This is an example of what I'm talking about when I say missing art on the bottom, which really only affects the item appearance when rolled.... for those who like to use items in unconventional ways :)
    [IMG]
    Glimmster and Finora like this.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Enchanted Zygomid Grotto - "Comforting Confections"

I'd like to second the request that the recipes stay in the recipe book, since this is likely to be an item that folks make quite a bit. The re-re-re-scribing will get old after a while. :D

One question: making two candied mushroom tarts takes a total of four of each of the ingredients. Why, then, does the quest require that you have five of each in inventory at the start of the combine?

This question again arises with "Blooming Good Tea" in the Fay Grotto, since it needs 4 of each and asks for 5
  10. Audleigh New Member

Updates!

- After checking over the feather/book issue, it looks like they should be working just fine when the quests go live!

These changes won't go live in time for this Sunday, but will be in for June's event:
    - More bee hives!
    - I've made all of the recipes (including root beer) auto-scribe/auto-remove. Essentially, this is a loop of never having to interact with a recipe scroll at all. If you have the quest active, the recipe will be ready to go in your recipe book!

Tricksy fingers? The quest has been adjusted to match the recipe requirements:) (but again, this change won't be reflected until next month).

- Audleigh
    Afista and Finora like this.
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Firstly, thank you very much for the new items and quests!

Not noticing much else that isn't mentioned already. The beehives in GFay are either not respawning, or respawning way too slowly. I'm not a fan of the auto-scribe/auto-remove method, but I'm sure most will be. Personally I would have preferred it remain as the root beer quest is/was as I would keep one recipe going while picking up the next quest.. basically maximizing my time. ;)
  12. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Had to use escape potion to get free of the vine I just walked near lol I was really stuck.[IMG]
  13. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I harvested a ton of stuff in GF and Nek grottos, but didn't find any surprise house item like the fungus in the DLW grotto, If there is something the rarity might need tweaking, If there isn't anything I don't see the GF repeatable being particularly popular considering the huge area that needs to be covered to find stuff.

Myself and others have found that after leaving GF and Nek grottos to do other stuff and then returning the harvests are gone.
    DLW still has harvests available but the other two do not respawn harvest upon reentering even though the zone is still usuable and quests doable if you have some resources left in your inventory.
    suka likes this.
  14. Bayfia Member

I attempted to do the new repeatable quest in GFay Grotto last night without success. While I saw the NPC in the location near the Elder NPC on the mushroom pad, and I was able to get the quest, scribe the recipe ... see the "cooking flower" .. I found NO "sparkly fae flowers" on the ground at all anywhere, and NO behives on any vines anywhere in the zone. I did see a bee hovering around one vine. But was not able to do the repeatable quest at all :(. I have a good graphics card (new as of last summer) and can see everything else in the game. What is the problem here?
  15. Audleigh New Member

Odd. That should not be happening. So long as the quest is active in your journal/recipe is scribed, you should be able to harvest the nodes. I didn't have this problem when testing, but I'll definitely take another look at the spawn timers. As for a surprise house items, there are none. Just made tooons more for the merchants :)
  16. Cyliena Well-Known Member

That skillet by the campfire in the Nek grotto is such a tease. :p Would love a carpenter recipe for a pan (and a wok like the one in Mara).. only have recipes for pots!

Derail aside, I went back to the grottos today and couldn't see the harvest nodes either. Quests were in journal.
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Hung out in the Nek grotto more extensively on live this morning. The respawn rate seems fine there. I'll check tomorrow to see if there's an issue with the harvest nodes disappearing if you leave and re-enter the zone. I did try camping to myself while inside the instance and the harvest nodes remained for that test.
    Audleigh likes this.
  18. Sapienta Active Member

After leaving and re-entering Fay Grotto, the harvests are not showing up for me (hives and flowers). :( I am on the Antonia Bayle server.
  19. Audleigh New Member

I tested both grottos out on AB this morning, and was able to see the harvests, as well as watch them respawn (they don't always come back to the exact same location that was just harvested). Right now, I'm not sure why this issue would be happening only some of the time. This might sound silly, but have you run the patcher at all today (https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30785/)?

I will be taking another look at the harvest spawns, but I'd like to remind everyone that any changes won't make it in until the June Enchantments.
  20. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Some people have mentioned popping in for the shiny before returning to try the questing. I remembered grabbing a shiny would lock an adventure instance, so I did a little experiment with 2 toons on live. They both went to the nek forest grotto and ran the quests. One didn't grab the shiny and is able to see respawns, while the other did grab it and can't see respawns.