Guys, I've kinda ran into a problem.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyanox, May 14, 2013.

1. Cyanox New Member

Hello everyone, I'm a new player to EQ2 and I have came across this "glitch" or something that that is making it very hard to play. Whenever I go to gather or harvest something, my character just doesn't do anything. I examine the materials and my level is more than proficient, so it's not that. Whenever I click an ore, plant, quest item, etc. my character is unresponsive, and since about half of the quests where I'm at revolve around gathering, this is making it pretty difficult and annoying. It happened to my first character, an assassin, so I made a new one which I like better, but it is happening to him as well. Can anyone shed some light onto what's happening or anything like that? I really like this game and I don't want to have to stop playing it just because of some silly glitch. Any and all help is appreciated.
  2. mague Active Member

Hi,

its:

- double click it
    - right click it and select "gather" for example
    - Target it and use the ability Gathering from your book.

If you know and tried this allready you need probably ingame support. File a ticket with /petition
  3. oldskool Active Member

Check to see if in your options you have auto loot turned to decline.

Group Options - Default Auto Loot Mode.

It should be none.
    Azomonas likes this.
  4. alQamar Active Member

What exactly do you mean by
    ?
    Do you mean your characters adventure/crafter level or your characters harvesting skill level? Because it sounds like you haven't leveled harvesting high enough for the nodes you try to harvest.
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

If it's your group options, it will affect treasure chest and body drops from the mob. If you having problems with looting mobs and chests then group options is where you fix this - and for some odd reason EQ2 will occasionally reset group options. I set Default Auto Loot Mode to Greed or Accept, Default Loot Item Rarity to all and Default Loot Method to Need Before Greed.

If your only having a problem with harvest nodes, you need to check your harvesting skills in Character/Skills/General tab - for each of the five skills (Fishing, Harvesting, Gathering Mining and Trapping) there will be two numbers in the format nn/yy. The first number is your current skill level, the second the skill cap for your level. (cap is 5 times the highest of your adventuring or crafting level + 5) So if your highest level is 20, your cap will be 105. Your skill level will increase as you harvest nodes and can be triggered by both successful and failed harvesting attempts.

If you right click on a node and select Examine, you will get a message telling you that you have the skill to harvest or a message that will say your skill isn't good enough - something along the lines of you need 140 skill and only have 120 ....

There are various items of gear that will boost your skills beyond the level cap, most notable is the http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Cloak_of_the_Harvester a rewards from the signature quest series that starts with http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/A_Gathering_Obsession.

You can also reduce the time to gather by using tinkered "miscalibrated" items and their higher level upgrades - these are based on your crafting level, but the miscalibrated versions are useable at level 30. Check the broker for miscalibrated Shears, Pickaxe and Net. These need to be attuned and equipped once in a charm slot. Once equipped, right click and select Turn Auto consume on. This will apply a 10 day buff - that decreases harvesting time and boosts your level cap - and you'll need all three to cover all of your harvesting skills. The buff will be automatically reapplied every 10 days. After switching on auto consume, unequip them and just leave them in your bag.

Also look on the broker for "Harvesting Kit", these are woodworker crafted items and also provide a decrease to harvesting times and stack with the tinkered items. And like these they need to be attuned, equipped once and have Auto Consume switched on. After doing this again just leave them in your bag, until your ready to upgrade. Harvesting Kits are based on your adventure level and the earliest you can use them is from level 20.

Hope this helps.
    SteelPiston likes this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned the skills already you need to make sure your skills are high enough to harvest for the level zone, being able to harvest is not based solely on your adventure or crafting level you need to have a high enough skill as well. If you are trying to gather something that is set for higher then the harvesting skill you have that may be why check your skill tabs general in your character sheet. Here's a harvesting guide For information on what skill level you need for each node in each level they will also let you know which zones have which tiers nodes. If you have the skill level for the nodes in the zone you are in then yes you may need to open a ticket.

I hope this helps.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Do you get any error message when you try to harvest?

Do you have a red message popping up saying your inventory is overflowing? The inventory overflow won't affect quest rewards, but it WILL affect the ability to harvest both crafting materials and shinies. It doesn't automatically clear when you empty out your bags to create more space.

If that happens to be the case, open your Character window, select the Equipment tab, and to the bottom left of your character's feet in the center of the window there will be an icon showing an item. Right click on that and select Empty Overflow. As long as you have enough pack space everything will be removed from Overflow, and you'll be able to harvest again.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

If you aren't getting an "your inventory is overflowing" message and you've checked your harvesting skills to make sure they are the proper level for the zone, it really sounds to me like it's your options.

Harvest skills:
    tier 1 -newbie zones, outlying areas of Qeynos & Freeport - harvest skill 1+, can skill up to about 35
    tier 2 -Commonlands, Antonica, further out areas of Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep, Darklight Woods & Frostfang Sea- 20 harvest skill required, can level up to 95 skill
    tier 3 - Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest, ButcherBlock Mountains - 90 skill required
    tier 4 - Enchanted Lands, Zek, parts of Steamfont - 140 skill required
    tier 5 - Feerrott, Rivervale, Everfrost, Lavastorm, parts of Steamfont - 190 skill required
    tier 6 - Sinking Sands, Pillars of Flame, Lesser Faydark - 240 skill required
    tier 7 -Tenebrous Tangle, Barren Sky, Bonemire, Loping Plains -250 skill required
    tier 8 - Kylong Plains, Kunzar Jungle, Jarsath Wastes, Fens of Nathsar - 340 skill required
    tie 9 -Sundered Frontier, Stonebrunt Highlands - 375 skill required
    tier 10 - Withered Lands, Cobalt Scar, Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plains - 425 skill required
    special harvests in Great Divide & Eastern wastes require 400 skill

I personally have my mouse set to activate on a single click except for attack.

Alt O to bring up the options menu> click the advanced button in the upper right corner > Controls > Mouse Settings > Default Action Mouse Behavior > select the one you wish. As I stated before I have always prefered single click except attack.