What does the veteran bonus do for my account?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Davidm, May 13, 2013.

1. Davidm Member

What does the veteran bonus do for my account in everquest 2? it saids your account receives 20% xp bonus for each character at the maximum adventure or tradeskill level. (maximum 200%)
  2. Gnomish Member

I'm not sure how to answer the question, since you seem to have answered it yourself.

For each character that you have at the maximum Adventure or Tradeskill level, you receive an account-wide 20% bonus to all experience gains, which caps at 200%, which would be ten characters at maximum level.

If you have one character at maximum level, you receive a 20% bonus, if you have two, you receive a 40% bonus, and so on. If you have zero characters at maximum level, you receive no bonus whatsoever.

Note: I believe the bonus only applies to combat experience, or Tradeskill experience gained from actually crafting things. I don't think it applies to experience gained from quests, writs, rush orders, etc. If I am mistaken, someone feel free to correct me.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

Just personal xp bars, so normal, AA and TS xp.

If you only have max level crafters, you only get TS bonus xp, same for Adventure
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

Asked...
    ...and answered.
    Juraiya and Alenna like this.
  5. guard Active Member

it you roll a second character that character will get 20% xp bonus as you level it the more max level character's you have the more bonus's you get. i.e helps make it a bit faster when levelling alts
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

One more note about it, it only applies on the server region in which you have the capped characters.

For instance I have 200% TS vet bonus on the US English servers but only 70% on Test. Same would apply to the other regions. UK English, Japanese, French, German servers for instance I would have no bonus since I've no capped characters on those server sets.
  7. Alanducar Active Member

Veteran bonus i have to say is one very handy motivator to reach for the cap. I know the more you have capped the easier it becomes to gain xp as you go on your lower toons. Its certainly been very helpful for me in the years i have been playing :)
    Filly67 likes this.
  8. Gnomish Member

I don't like it, to be honest. You can't reach cap without buying the expansions, and you can't (even as Gold) reach the maximum Veteran Bonus of 200% without buying 3 more character slots.
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

And the screaming that happened when veteran bonus was raised from 90 to 95 was interesting. The fact that it was left untouched when the level cap moved to 92 was a gift that apparently lots of folks expected to keep.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Alanducar Active Member

LOL i remember that well, i am not one of those people that was too upset by it, if that were the case it would have pulled me away from decorating long enough to get all the toons that were 92 to the new cap. As it stands though my decorating projects and crafting has officially overpowered my urge to adventure these days :)
  11. girney Active Member

why is my bruiser alts veteran bonus disabled? main has completed the sig line and bruiser is 126 and still doing the sig line
  12. Laughing Owl Active Member

bruiser is 126

You need to be level capped so currently 130.

Every 130 character you have (in 'region') will get you at 20% bonus (for that type adv/craft) so if your bruiser was 130 (not just finished sigline) then you other adventures would get 20% bonus.
  13. Laughing Owl Active Member

No personally I really wish they would modify slightly and make it like you get 1-5% per character that has reached max (period), and then 15-19% per character currently at max.

(i.e. you would still get a small bonus, when new xpac comes out, to reward your long term commitment to game. offset characters that have existed since release, are likely out of exp potions, etc)_
  14. girney Active Member

my paly is 130 and finished the sig line so why is bruiser disabled? my other alts who have not started sig line have veteran bonus active
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

Right now Veteran XP bonus is not working except for combat experience. I am currently bringing 2 accounts through the sig line. One has a veteran bonus of 20%, the other 0. I'm nearly at the end of the main line, with the Crescendo zone remaining before entering the AW. The XP on the two accounts differs by 1.2%. That wouldn't be possible if the 20% bonus were applied properly. Similarly on the TS timeline which is easier to notice, all of my characters always reach 130 on the exact same quest from Burnish. Not sure why they took the Veteran bonus out of the quest XP award, but it never used to work that way.
  16. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Yea they seemed to have disabled it just like every other bonus. I just finished my third toon on the same account and I'm 15% short after having completed all the quests. Dumbest thing ever....
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

It isn't disabled, it just only applies to quests that 'are not required by the signature line', which is nearly the same thing.

FWIW, A single exp pot from the advancement researcher will get you 130 without having to completely finish all the POI/Drop/etc extra quests. It's silly, but it works.
  18. Celestia Well-Known Member

So ALL of the POI and drop quests then, Taled? I must have done all of them then. I wasn’t sure.
  19. Bentenn Well-Known Member

just weird.. it's not disabled and I only used it when doing my side quests. I was 15% short. Running missions will get me there, sure, but it shouldn't' take that long.