When is everquest next coming out?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Davidm, May 11, 2013.

1. Davidm Member

When is everquest next coming out? and when will I be able to beta test everquest next?
  2. Gnomish Member

Seeing as there isn't even an official site for Everquest Next yet, I doubt it will be any time soon. This is also not an Everquest 2 topic, therefore it's in the wrong place.
  3. Rotherian Well-Known Member

The last announcement I heard was that they were going to reveal something at SOE Live this year.
  4. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Maybe by the end of 2015. If it doesn't get cancelled before then. :D
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Go to SOE Live, they are talking about Everquest Next there.
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

And you, of course, have a link to some reputable source (i.e. a news article, a press release, a tweet directly from JSmed, something more official than opinion, etc.) to back up this claim? o_O If so, please share it.
  7. Gnomish Member

The word "maybe" implies speculation.
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

We could go down that rabbit hole, if you want.

Or, in the spirit of actually trying to answer the OP's question with information, we could post verifiable data. (Such as the link embedded in the word announcement in post #3 - that post refers to the second paragraph of the linked article.)
  9. Sando Member

wasn't there an interview with smoke jumper and he said there won't be any release / details in this year ?
  10. Wanyen Active Member

As we all should know, anything is subject to change. While I wouldn't hold my breathe for anything broadly meaningful in the next six months, a lot can change between now and then.

For instance, while there might be a grand plan for deep storylines to carry players to the end of the level cap with various angles and sideplots, and countless adventuring areas, perhaps at some point they say the time is now, and the rest will come later. As player generated content (PGC) is intended to be a major feature, I find this possibility fairly plausible, depending on how other competing products align and publicly ready themselves.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I haven't seen / heard / read anything to that effect, so if you could find the relevant article and link it, that would be helpful.
  12. Sando Member

nvm my bad , bad memories
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

There will be a big reveal of EQNext at this year's SOE Live. That doesn't just mean a trailer.

Of course you know what website to spam-refresh all weekend to get your EQNext information fix. ;)

I don't think we'll see Beta or Release until fall 2014.
  14. Sando Member

my god , EQNext better be that goiod for me to wait that long
    i always thought will be around spring or summer
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

I don't know any Fantasy MMO that has launched with less than 3 years development and succeeded.
  16. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Not soon enough.