Qeynos Shadow knight mercenary, Where?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by EQ_Jack, May 8, 2013.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

Just coming back. I'm in Qeynos side, and I really would like to get a SK mercenary. But can't seem to figure out where.

Anyone know how to obtain it and its LOC? I have just bought AOD.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

The shadow knight merc is in Neriak. Qeynos has the paladin merc.
    If you're good aligned and really want the SK, you have to sneak into Neriak to get it.
  3. EQ_Jack Active Member

went to neriak I'm level 43. Front guards can see me even when invis (they are lv 55). I take it I need to be higher level and fight/run past them? Or is there another way in? or some other illusion work?
  4. SteelPiston Active Member

The only way for a "Good" aligned character would be to get a level 90+ friend to kill the nearby guards. They look menacing, but actually die really easy.

Alternatively, if your guild has the rally flag, you could get one of your evil alts to plant the rally flag next to the SK merc.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Another possibility is to find someone with CoV willing to pull the toon to the SK Merc's location.
  6. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I don't think you can CoV somebody into an opposing city. Rally banners work great, though.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Yes you can. I do it often to help people get the SK merc.
    Bloodlich likes this.
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Yep. Used CoV to help a dirty Qeyno-...er, I mean a guild member of the opposite alignment, get to Stamper to hire him.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

If you are speedy you can also haul it to the clicky for the battle ground waiting area & zone in there then try zoning out and wait for the pathing guard to get out of the way. That way is obviously much more dangerous, but you can do it that way as a last resort.

If you have access to another account with an evil aligned person or can make yourself a newbie on a second account you can watch the pathing that way & know when to bring out your actual character. Or hire someone to do it.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Just make sure not to pay them in advance. Because, y'know - Evil. :D
    Finora likes this.
  11. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Even worse if they are Ratonga.
    Finora likes this.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Noes!! Ratongas are good nows!! Mr. D'Lere is a big bad scary mans :-( Miss Bayle is nice to us and gives us cheeses!! We likes her.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Seriously if you want the Inquisitor merc from Freeport, what you should do is zone in from the Commonlands and hang a hard right. Click on the manhole cover (not sure how else to describe it) that zones you to Thieves Way...that is the sewer zone under Freeport and it has exits all over the zone. Qeynos has similar path, for evil toons but I forget the name now...been a while since I did the heritage quests that had my evil toon running around Qeynos.

What those zones do is allow you to bypass the epic level guards and only have to watch and dodge the the non-epic guards. That was my experience anyway. Still got squished occasionally due to bad timing :) Hope the revamp of the two zones didn't invalidate that path.

The SK from Neriak is another matter. The guards are pretty wimpy, but you do either need someone to clear them if you cannot do so yourself, or get a CoV, or guild flag to Vittia.
  14. alQamar Active Member

I always use the front door to enter Qeynos to be honest, even on my evil toons. Haven't done it with any toons <80 though.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

Qeynos you can enter in a sewer grate in the moat. That'll take you to the peat bog & from there there is another grate that will take you into the sewers. I think you can also zone into the Caves from the bell now & they've put a secret door to the sewers there behind the waterfall, but there is a guard by the bell (or was the last time I was in the caves) so players the guard would agro on may have issues with that route. I personally always got into Freeport the really old way (because I've played so long) from when you didn't get chased or attacked by guards you just got insta-booted from the city if you were seen. The old way is from the Sprawl, down a man-hole up with the rats to the sewers.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Last I checked, the SK-Mercenary resided in Neriak. Just have another player call you with CoV, or a high-level can just kill the Guards. The only guard in the game that is dangerous is the Lucanic Knight in Freeport.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Did you read the thread or just the first post? Think we covered those suggestions already :)
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

First post I won't lie on that. My mistake if it was already covered. Guess I had a moment of "Oh I know the answer, I want to help" :D

Well, I guess it can be classified as "positive reinforcement of a good solution".
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Positive reinforcement is the best. Wish it were more common on these forums.