Best DPS class for fighter

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Grünt, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Grünt New Member

So I just started playing everquest and I would like to know which class does the most damage for the figther archtype.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Beserkers, Shadowknights and Bruisers are supposed to be the offensive tanks. In reality I think monks are there also.

Due to the stance Reckless, which gives massive potency increases, SKs benefit the most from it.
  3. Draylore Well-Known Member

From what ive seen DPS wise nothing comes close to SK....especially when using Reckless.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Those are fightin' words around here. Don't let Duele see this :rolleyes:
  5. Morior New Member

Reckless SK
  6. Greygore Member

At level 95, If both are specced right side prestige, a reckless Shadowknight and Berserker are pretty close I would say.
  7. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Yeah, whoever put Bruiser into the mix was well, out of there mind lol. I cant come close to a Reckless SK / Zerk lol. I am not saying I am terrible but regardless..
  8. Kaarkula Active Member

Well geared Bruisers and Monks can dps just as well as any other fighter class... especially a bruiser on aoe fights.

But I've seen monks parse high as well on aoe fights.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

I have almost every tank in the game. Most of them are fairly well geared. It's my opinion that the zerkers and bruisers are the highest parsing tanks if it's an AOE fight. The SK is a good mix of AOE and has more single target dps than a zerker. But I've seen both zerkers and bruisers double the parse of dps classes on raid AOE fights.

Edit: I should add that there are two spells that give the zerker an advantage. One is Insolance and it has to be one of the best AOE spells in the entire game. The other is Cleve and also hits like a truck. The zerker myth is 100% AE autoattack. So if an SK or Bruiser can hit the 100% AE auot mark then they have the potential to reign over the zerker parse. But as any class in EQ2, it all comes down to the player, how they spec, their gear and the group buffs given to them.
  10. Controlor Member

100% aoe auto attack is not difficult to reforge to once you have enough gear. On my paladin using a 2 hander i have 103 melee aoe, and with sword / board i have 80 melee aoe with my shield proccing 40 melee aoe which is up most of the time.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Depends what you sacrafice reforge wise. I have a zerk and a bruiser and I struggle to find suitable stuff to reforge into AE auto on my bruiser. He's at 60% or so now with a proc to 100% but I have sacrificed ability mod to do that which I'm not sure is worth it. The conversion of atk and dps to AE auto is pretty low.

The zerker myth effect is awesome imo as you don't have to sacrifice any stats. Fighters just don't get useless stats to reforge like priests/mages.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

I was forced to reforge my least-useful stat (ability mod) as a Guardian just to get 1000% MA for my 8th attack since I have 60% base AE-Auto and a 40% rune. Fighters are hard to balance. Zerks have a luxury in that stat, AE-Auto also reforges well and your myth lets you not need the AGI Line in the Warrior Tree unless you really want Dragoons Reflexes.

You are speaking of the Velium Wall from Sleepers Tomb? I had to use a sword with Wild Swings as I use the Rampart of Universal Conflict.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Lol you still have 3k ability mod. No wonder you could afford to reforge ;)
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Well yes, gear helps. I was more getting at compared to an 8th attack given how Auto-Attack dependent Guardians are, the ability mod is the least useful stat as our Combat Arts are very weak, the hardest hits for 20K max, before Potency.
  15. Regolas Well-Known Member

My bruiser has 450 AB at the moment. Not very good. But I don't seem to have issues holding aggro, even with groups of mobs, so guess it's ok.
  16. Karaad New Member

A Shadowknight is a Crusader, not a fighter?

Edit: wait wait...fighter -> crusader

Derp
  17. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Fighters are comprised of the following three (3) archetypes:
    1.) Warriors - Plate armor - physical attacks only - generally uses a shield.
    2.) Crusaders - Plate armor - physical and magical attacks and abilities.
    3.) Brawlers - Leather armor - physical attacks - some special abilities - does not use a shiield.

Within the archetypes are 2 classes bringing the fighter community 6 somewhat unique fighters.
    1.) Warriors - Guardian and Zerker
    2.) Crusaders - Paladin and Shadowknight.
    3.) Brawlers - Monk and Bruiser.