A potent potable

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Alenna, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

Please tell me I don't have to do the three nika quests to finish the quest line in cobalt scar.Potent Potable i is impossible for me to do because I cannot click the target in a timely manner when the server is not responding to my click nor is it possible with tab target since tab target more then half the time goes not target the closet target but to one to far away. 2 minutes to give the antidote and you can't let more then 3 die is impossible. So please tell me I don not have to waste my time wiht this because it is not a part of the timeline. because of it is then I will never be able to do much of anything in cobalt scar nor sirens cove. and that will mean I feel I've wasted my money.
  2. Gorekin Member

it is mroe fun when you got 20 people all trying to do it at the sametime. Dont blame us beta testers we told them all about how to fix this but it seem we were not really listen to at all.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

I figured it was somethign like that. sigh I guess this is one update I"ll be missiong out on a lot of the new content if the quest is neccesary to finish the quest line.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Joy... goblin games grub stuffing quest invades the 'real' game. :confused:
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

It is partially needed, here is a hint from a tester who did complete this one. Any Othmir that loses more than 15% of it's life in a tick, let it die. I had to try 5 times to do it and get lucky.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

even with that it is impossible for me since half the time when i click to target it doesn't target and they have never fixed tab target to go to the nearest npc you need so I loose time either way which means I loose more the the 3 allowed.

so I'll be missing out on some things I guess oh well.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you have a low-life othmir, give it several doses of the potion. You can get more potion from the bowl on the ground. I just healed all of them to 100%, then ran back down the line to keep them topped off.
  8. Sambril Well-Known Member

I never did manage to do this 'the right way' on beta, but last I looked if you fail the quest 3 times you get an option from Nika to skip to the chase without doing the mini-game.
    Feara likes this.
  9. Twyxx Well-Known Member

I actually thought this was a fun quest. And I don't like quests. Did take me like five tries to get it.
  10. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

That is no longer the case. However, the quest should be a bit easier to complete now, and there is a strategy to it. Some good advice has been offered in this thread already =)
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

I remember the dev on beta threads mentioning that was added specifically for players who were unfortunate enough to be unable to do this. I will definitely say the quest is not easy. Though I think that was reverted, so I am not sure anymore as I have had minimal log time to even try the new content recently.

Edit: Just read Fyreflyte's post above mine, yes it has been reverted.
  12. Sambril Well-Known Member

Sad to hear that :( I thought that was one of the better changes on beta, though I never did try the last beta version, and my live characters are all far too low, so it will be a while before I experience the live version.
    I do applaud your efforts at moving away from 'kill 10 rats', but puzzle based mini-games are not to everyone's taste and I do think there should be a bypass, even if it had lower or even no reward. I hate to be blocked on quest lines like this.
    Alenna likes this.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

then that is it for me I can't do it.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

Same here I will be blocked if this quest is necessary to continue the quest line.
  15. Lament Active Member

Despite playing beta, I focuses on stuff other than the adventure questline, I played it through for the first time on live today... This quest took me 3 goes to complete. My feedback; very, very enjoyable IMHO.

I found all of the Othmir stuff very enjoyable (if a little frustrating at times), Scout camp stuff was good... Scarstone quests was the most "cookie cutter" stuff in my opinion.

Overall review, Cobalt Scar quests, both adventure and collections are a significant upgrades on the last 2 /3 xpacs.

Especially: Aerial Collections, now more fun than slitting your wrists. Collections overall, no more hell shines it seems. Questlines, nice rewards and not soooo long you lose the will to live.

Though best feature is the fish shinies... missed that in beta, only found out by misclicking whilst in the ocean... I then lost 35 mins of my life whilst farming them ^_^
  16. Catin of Runnyeye Member

This quest has put me off playing Cobalt Scar. Its a dexterity test not a quest. It should not be a "must do" quest. If I wantted a test of my mouse controls I play different game.
    MicAllBar and Alenna like this.
  17. vlada Active Member

I have now attempted this step 32 times with 32 fails. so without a change I wont be finishing the CS questline as I cannot proceed beyond this step.
    MicAllBar and Alenna like this.
  18. Avianna Well-Known Member

My guild leader is an older gent IRL and has vision trouble as is, he is unable to complete this quest as well. I thought it may just be his lack of vision that was hindering him so I went out there and tried it and here is my feedback.

If you are the only one out there doing any of the quests right there it is very difficult but can be done. If there are other players out there doing the holding the line type quest or the potent potable quest at the same time you are it is near impossible.

It could be dramatically improved if simply the pots gave the little guys more health and you received more than 6 when you click the bowl. This quest definitely needs to be improved upon.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You guys are making it harder than it has to be. Put the potion on your hotbar. Click a patient, click the hotkey. If the dose doesn't bring him full health, dose him again, repeating until he is at 100%.

There's a glowing bowl on the ground from which you can get more potions, click it quickly when you run out.

Go down the whole line of Othmir and heal each of them to 100%, then check back from where you started and top off those who need it.

The key is multiple dosing.
  20. Avianna Well-Known Member

Yup exactly the strat I used. Difficulty is in the mobs, NPC's, other players, etc. all getting in the way of clicking the bowl and othmir.

Like I said the bowl should give more than 6 doses and each dose should give more health.