Official SOE Podcast #145 is LIVE

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

Official SOE Podcast #145 is LIVE

Podcast #145 is now available! Your hosts, Aimee “Ashlanne” Rekoske, Tiffany “Amnerys” Spence, and Colette “Dexella” Murphy, give you a Free Realms filled Podcast! They also bring you the latest updates on many SOE titles. You don’t want to miss the exclusive interview with Free Realms and Clone Wars Producer Steve George. Let us know what you think at podcast@soe.sony.com or head over to the Station Forums to share your opinion with the Community!

You can download the MP3 file directly, or subscribe to the RSS feed by clicking the button below. Or if you have iTunes installed, select iTunes Store, type SOE into the search box and click subscribe! Finally, we also have the podcast available on Twitch TV andYouTube!

MP3 || [IMG]
    Don’t forget you can find us on Twitter and Facebook! [IMG] [IMG]
  2. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Umm how about FREE REALMS real big in the beginning lol I was trying to get to the eq2 one quickly and ended up at this one hehe, I saw podcast so skimmed for the twitch link and presto wrong place. hehe
    What btw is the difference between podcast and webcast?
  3. Morte Member

Please, please, please start making pod casts into video casts. It is easy to do with today's technology. Watching the people who are talking would make it a LOT more interesting and compelling . In fact, with today's technology, I can't believe that I have to be the one suggesting this and is not being automatically implemented by SOE. In addition, you can use slides and illustrations of what is being discussed. This would make the "pod casts/video casts' a lot more compelling.
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

Good questions! First, if you're looking for the most recent EQ2 one (though we did have a bit of EQ2 news in this one), you'll want Podcast #143, which was about the February update. We've got another interview planned very soon with the EQ2 team!

Now, for the difference between a podcast and a webcast...

Podcasts are like radio shows -- they're meant to be audio only (or primarily audio). We have been experimenting with adding some screenshots/visuals for those who want to listen live on Twitch.TV, but in general, the content is in what's being said -- that means you can download it from a variety of sources (like our Podcast site, for one) and listen anywhere.

Webcasts are more like TV/talk shows - they're meant to be visual. We stream them live weekly on Twitch.tv, but then also have the videos available as "repeats" or "on demand" on our YouTube and Twitch channels.

So, podcasts and webcasts look and feel different because they're meant to be different. :)