New Guild Depots - Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I think apprentices are one of the biggest reasons people desire a personal fuel depot. I know my guild is not planning on investing in a guild hall fuel depot at all because we have a fuel merchant placed such that it can be reached from any crafting table. Since we can't have a fuel merchant in our home, a fuel depot would actually be useful.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

My reason for wanting the depot has always been the great variety of fuels I have to lug around as a carpenter. Apprentices definitely added to the hassle. My main crafting house is in Freeport. I have 8 other toons and they're not all evil, so I had to set up a house in Gorowyn so they could step out to buy fuels and bank. I think it's safe to say that most people would be happy if the fuel depot was all we got. Most of the other boxes fall into the category of luxury. L&L would be a cool one to have, as would collectibles, but the rest is stuff I make as I need it.
    Karrane and Cyliena like this.
  3. Avianna Well-Known Member

I am a guild leader myself, and my main reason for wanting the personal depot for my house is simply the same as
    I think that adding the depot would likely reduce the number of "personal Guilds" out there, I have considered making one myself just as a "house" for my toons where I can craft and such for myself. as a veteran player I could more than afford the upkeep of such a place on my own so it would not be a big deal however I would prefer to just have a house version of the fuel depot.
  4. Guiscard Active Member

I would like personal deport where WE can decided what goes in them.
  5. Councellor Member

I can say from experience that having a "guild hall" fuel depot box has been all but useless since there's no way for guild members to realize they are using materials provided by the fuel box. While it's true that the game seems to pull from a player's personal inventory first, most wouldn't know when they ran out of their own mats and started pulling from the Guild Fuel Depot box. This has created a virtual sink-hole as the costs to maintain any sort of supply in the box is astronomical. I suggested they add a check-box similar to the Harvest box to the recipe window with a default set to Unchecked but no change has yet to show up. I can definitely see the reasoning behind personal fuel boxes as if I didn't craft in the GH exclusively I'd also want one lol, yet for those who are saying to have a personal everything, there's where my frustration as a Guild Leader resides. Most Guild Leaders and members alike work 'ed extremely hard to help acquire the amenities that are guild hall specific and with all the new items coming out that can be placed in player houses, I feeling a wee bit frustrated that all our past work seems to be coming to nothing. My thoughts (and I'm probably wrong here) was that Guild Halls should have been (if not were designed to be) places where members were to go to get things they couldn't get on their own, not to mention a place to socialize etc. In my own opinion it just seems that the game is going more solo with each and every change. Please don't get me wrong, I totally understand why a player would want a personal fuel box, just venting a little frustration here is all :) Please leave all tomatoes in the store or in the basket at my feet - not on my face ;)
  6. Avianna Well-Known Member

*gently places a tomato in the basket at councellors feet*

We have been able to craft in our homes for years, long before even guild halls existed in this game and a fundamental thing that since launch has lacked is where to put the fuel to where it makes sense from a lore standpoint and is useful. now the best we have been able to do so far is to place the fuel in a bag and hang it from the doorknob of our homes or to take our fuels to the local broker and ask him to hold on to them for us but not to sell them. That is the game before the guild hall and even for the crafter who has a "crafting home" this is the reality. So as a humble Kerra I am politely requesting that I be able to have a box in my own home so that I am able to take some stress off the poor broker agent as well as be able to remove those hideous bags of fuels from my doorknob.

I agree with Councellor when he said the fuel depot in the guild hall does not make sense because the costs to upkeep would be astronomical. It makes much more sense that it be a house item. I know of very few guilds who use the fuel supply depot in their guild, however, I know of MANY players who want it for there homes.
  7. Afista Well-Known Member

I can agree that by large I'm not sure many guilds would necessarily want to keep stocking a fuel depot. But, on contrast, there must be plenty of guilds that would. Is throwing a few hundrend plat worth of fuel into a depot that much of a cost for a guild that raids? It seems like a nice perk for crafting members for guilds willing to support their crafters this way.

I do believe in the most part those who purchased and use the Fuel Depot amenity are probablly solo player guilds. I bought one and think it's absolutely fabulous! I hate, hate, hate having to buy random fuel in between because my carpenter ran out of coal or filaments. And it completely openend up another who bag for space to carry around house items on her! <3 That being said, I hope this Fuel Deopt amentity will be offered as a house item for players who don't have their own personal guild. It would definately be used more in a personal setting I'm sure too.
  8. Karrane Well-Known Member

I too wish for a fuel depot for my home. I am a carpenter and atm I store all my fuel in my house vault. Its not a handy system to use 8(..

All my alts craft at my home. All our ts apprentices are at my home. I decorated my home so that I really enjoy crafting there. :)

Please consider adding personal fuel depots to our game soon !!

TY!!!
    Cyliena likes this.
  9. Avianna Well-Known Member

psst.... a birdie with a mow-hawk told me the code-work for the home version of the fuel depot is done, just waiting for the designers to make the item now.
    Afista, Lodrelhai and Cyliena like this.
  10. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Woody Woodpecker's on the dev team?
  11. Avianna Well-Known Member

The fact you even know who Woody Woodpecker is is a statement to your age. The fact that I know it's a statement to your age is a statement to MY age.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

did that birdie mention other depots?
  13. Avianna Well-Known Member

unfortunately he did not but on the flip side I was asking said birdie specifically about the fuel depot.
  14. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's what I figured. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  15. Karrane Well-Known Member

I hope that wait isnt too long !! =)
  16. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Geez I'm still waiting for some kind of logs for the current depots since anyone with permission can remove from them without any idea who did the taking...but whatever.
  17. OlavSkullcrusher New Member

I'm not sure if anyone else has asked for this, but I would like to see a way for you to sort the collectibles in the collectible depot according to whether you need them or not. Our guild has over 600 shinies in our depot and it takes about 20-30 min to look through them all to see if any have been added that you need. :/
    Kuulei likes this.
  18. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Requested frequently, and worth repeating.

I remember there was a potential lag concern with the system checking umpteenhundred items at once for useability - anything new on that? Has it actually been tested?
  19. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Was the potential lag concern actually issued by a Dev (someone with credibility to state such), or by some random player (who has no verifiable credibility to claim such)?

I am no database expert, but the way i see it, something is wrong if it is Mission Impossible for query to be performed (list of collectables), then have the results put through a filter (the collectables you already have), before being displayed to the user. This is already happening to some degree as a player goes through the broker, page by page... How hard can it be to omit a result instead of grey it out?

If any actual qualified database experts wish to chime, in and tell me that filtering results is HolyBBQEpicOverKill on system resources, fair enough... It just does not seem like it should be, given that it is already being done?
  20. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

There's the specific quote. And while I am also not a database expert, my guess is that the broker window only actually checks useability of the items on the currently-shown page - so what, maybe 10 items, several of which may be duplicates? A merchant window display might be more accurate to the situation with the depots, but the depots hold far more items than any merchant in the game.

edit: And honestly, if this can be implemented I'd prefer greying out to simply not showing those you already have - if it does filter out the ones you can't use, then I'd hope that would be a toggle rather than a default behavior. Our guild allows pulling things for our alts who may not be in the guild, which would be much more difficult if I can't even see the things I want to pull for my alt.