Chronoportal Phenomenon 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Portals to a different time have opened up across Norrath! Answer the call for help, and investigate these challenging pockets of the past.

New features for '13!

• Erben and Distun Delki, the Chronoportal merchants, are selling three new EverQuest Paintings
      • To the Forest Floor
      • Guarding the Foreign Quarter
      • Remnants of a Sarnak Stronghold
    • New Collection Quest - Elements of Time

Returning features:
    • In-game mail to advertise events
    • Eight Portal to the Past zones, featuring well known encounters
      • “Portal to the Past: Qeynos Hills”
      • “Portal to the Past: Plains of Karana”
      • “Portal to the Past: Qeynos Ruins”
      • “Portal to the Past: Steamfont”
      • “Portal to the Past: Nagafen's Lair"
      • “Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro”
      • “Portal to the Past: Ocean of Tears"
      • “Portal to the Past: Guk”
    • Event achievement - Time Traveler
    • Paintings, books, plushies, and a musicbox can be bought from Erben and Distun Delki, the Chronoportal merchants
    This event content is currently set to run 03/21/2013 at 12:01 AM PAC time until 03/28/2013 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.
    Thank you!

~Kaitheel
    Audleigh likes this.
  2. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

UMMM coins as reward for collection? I turned in the new collections and all I got was some ancient silver coins. lol I was so surprised I forgot to see how many.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Yuop. 8 of 'em (which solo players have had no ability to gain up until this point), which will buy quite a few items from the reward merchants.

~Kaitheel
  4. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

O I did not think of that, nice idea:)
  5. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Ok, a bit of legwork done finding the shinies, most zones I found 4 spawn spots near the portals and they spawned the same 3 shinies much the way the beer shinies do. In Thundering Steppes since the beer shinies were spawning nearby I never found any chrono ones either because they weren't there or because I was not patient enough:) Not that it matters as it was quite easy to get them all:) No rares very even distribution:)
    [IMG]
  6. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Coins? bummer.:-( I was hoping for some neat new house item..ah well.
    (and yes, I realize that I can *buy* house items with them. I never have any problem getting plenty of coins for that anyway.) I guess it is good for a low level newbie solo player. Too bad there's not something like a nifty hourglass that does something cool or a timey-wimey firework launcher along with those coins.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Coins are a wonderful idea, and the fun of a collection quest too! :)

There are many many players who can't do the Chronoportal quests yet. Or are limited only to a couple that are low enough level. Last year, it was just the Fippy one and the Pegasus one for our family. On several servers, I have no one who can do them yet at all, the characters are too low level. This is a nice workaround for the way the event has been up to now. Everyone should have something to do during an event as significant as this one.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Audleigh like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ahhh, very good idea to put easy to access coins for solo/undergeared players.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cloudrat like this.
  9. Calthine Well-Known Member

At level 95 the collection quest is level 30. Is that intended? Don't event collections tend to scale?
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Actually, no. Collections cannot scale, unlike journal quests. But you are right that the collection should be of a higher level due to the highest level zone in which the collection can be attained. In an upcoming change that will be corrected!

~Kaitheel
  11. Black New Member

New Paintings are nice but i would be happy about somethings usefull like Pocket Wizard Portal and Pocket Dragon Ring .
    The Ring/Spire Event is over and there is no way to get them for new Characters , Chronoportals could make it possible :)
    Tylia, Adam05, Sevelinus and 3 others like this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Ok, Sinking Sands appears to have no shinies now and Moors and Feerrott have the same set.
  13. Calthine Well-Known Member

Hey lookit that, I was wrong and right in the same sentence! Thanks :)
  14. Calthine Well-Known Member

Sinking Sands has shinies. And Yeah, I got different results than Cloud did too.
  15. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Today on test several of us could find no shinies in Sinking Sands and Moors and Feerott had the same set.
  16. Calthine Well-Known Member

The SS ones were not easy to find. There was one on the dock by the zone-in and one near the tents.

Edit: Yeah, they seem to be missing. But that would leave three sets of collectibles available in two zones each.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Hmm. There need to be a lot more, and the spawns pretty frequent. There will be many many players wanting them.
  18. Calthine Well-Known Member

Spawn were pretty quick. Maybe a minute?
  19. Audleigh New Member

Thanks for pointing this out, folks! I went ahead and changed the spawn rate on the Sinking Sands shinies. They'll be popping up a lot faster (and more in line with the other zones) in an upcoming change.
  20. Calthine Well-Known Member

Oh ho! That explains it, thanks!