Unmentored and exp bonus

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pulsabo, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Not really impressed by the loss of encounter bonus for green mobs. The green mobs naturally offer less xp already - and in many dungeons if you wish to take on the end mobs while they con eg yellow the level range in that dungeon means the entrance area - often where quest givers stand about, will be conning green. Hence you have to wade through trash, now even worth less than before, out of necessity. A good example is Fallen gate, with loads of long aggro range, rapid respawn ^^ green conning mobs all around the quest givers. Might be fine for groups when you go in a few levels lower but soloing not so much.
  2. Kindle Heartforge Active Member

I actually agree with part of this. Green mobs should not offer encounter XP, because the encounter is trivial.

I disagree with the part of the mentored, mentoring and merc'd people not receiving encounter XP. That change is bogus because you could have a lvl 40 in treasured gear mentoring a lvl 25. Encounters will not be trivial for them, thus they deserve the extra XP
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Tested tonight, with a merc in the group, group is denied encounter bonus and they take a portion of regular xp. dismissed mercs went back to each person on hate list getting full XP.
  4. GrouchyMouse Active Member

If this is true, then my Coercer's merc is taking a good bite be he on the hate list or not. 120xp drops to 84 with the merc.
  5. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Really don't like this new xp system - duoing with my son's alt - who has aoe attacks, and i have a fury - doesn't matter if i cast hot's on him, attack each mob as fast as i can or whatever - he gets encounter xp for all the mobs and i get it for one or two. As such we get vastly different xp - so we end up not advancing anywhere near the same rate.