Heroes’ Festival Delayed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Zatozia, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Zatozia New Member

Greetings Norrathians!

The Heroes’ Festival will be delayed until after the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday break. Don’t fret! We’ll give you plenty of time to celebrate our years of adventuring once the festival arrives. Please note that the in-game calendar will continue to tease you about its arrival. We will adjust the dates on the calendar once we set a new timeframe for the festival.

Safe travels upon Norrath and beyond!

~ The EverQuest II Team
    Leko likes this.
  2. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Does this refer to the push from 16th to 23rd november or is it pushed back even further? What will this mean for frostfell?
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

I get the feeling the reason why this is delayed because you invited the event manager to your dungeon and couldnt resist torturing him.
  4. Skiptracer New Member

Thanks for the heads up,
    I came back for Frostfell, is this going to delay the start of Frostfell or will we be releasing it while Heroes is out?
  5. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I have one thing to say!!

flameweaver and Skiptracer like this.
  6. Arcturys Member

Why is it being delayed until after Thanksgiving? I was under the impression that it was scheduled where it was on purpose to coincide with the holiday and people being off of work/out of school for a few days to actually get to participate in the event for a change.
  7. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Probably due to a lack of resources available to handle issues with both the expansion release and the event itself.
  8. CowKiller Member

hope they add moo events to heros its abit stale after doing it for year and years of same quests mabe 1 -2 new ones

mabe they can for winterfest make the instance have a hard mode or a solo one alest make the mobs in it harder to kill last year i was soloing the quests and farming the bosses
  9. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Thankfully Kaitheel clearified the situation a bit in the Heroes' Festival on Test feedback thread:

@CowKiller: Yes there is some new content for Heroes' Fesitval and I'm guessing for Frostfell (not winterfest :p) there will be some too, but since thats not on test yet, that is purely speculative.
  10. Pijotre Well-Known Member

11. Kaitheel Developer

I just posted this in the Heroes' Festival 2012 feedback and bugs forum, and wanted to share the same information here.

In light of a moratorium on live server updates, the holiday live event schedule had to be rearranged slightly. Here's the current plan:

Heroes' Festival
    to be activated on live servers on 11/27/12 (Tuesday) *after game update on 11/26/12 (Monday)
    to be deactivated on all servers on 12/11/12 (Tuesday) @ 11:59pm

~Kaitheel
  12. Skiptracer New Member

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Kaitheel! Can you share when we can expect Frostfell to land on the servers?
  13. Skiptracer New Member

Scratch that, just read the second page of your bugs post:
    Frostfell
    to be activated on test server on 12/10/12 (Monday)
    to be activated on live servers with a server update on 12/13/12 (Thursday)
    to be deactivated on all servers with a server update on 1/10/13 (Thursday)
  14. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Here is his FULL post from the other thread, which should clearify the current plan:
    Which means there will be whopping, full 3 long days of frostfell testing *rolls eyes*
  15. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

So, effectively... Frostfell WILL be late.. *sadface* (and not tested enough.. 3 days??) Hope there are new quests this year. Other holidays have been a bit shorted this year (no new quest and not as much new stuff) PLEASE don't short us on Frostfell!
  16. Kinya Active Member

Sooo... why it is up on Splitpaw?
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

"Oops" is why, I'd guess. It's up on every server it seems. Not complaining!
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It seems it's up on all servers BUT STORMS.