Heroes' Festival 2012 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Kaitheel Developer

The Heroes' Festival has begun on Test! A call has gone out to all Norrathian adventurers to commemorate the years of questing, raiding, tradeskilling, house decorating and socializing. Celebrators, happy to share in the festivities, can be found in the cities of Qeynos or Freeport.

New Features for '12!
    • "A Dream Adventure" - New quest commemorating the last 3 years of adventuring through Norrath! (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
    • New reward choices on some returning quests:
      • "Aggressive Advertising in ..."
        • Blue Hero's Festival Streamer
        • Gold Hero's Festival Streamer
      • "Missing Decorations in ..."
        • Strand of Blue Hero's Festival Lights
        • Strand of Gold Hero's Festival Lights
    • Festival clothing sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District

Returning features:
    • Collection quest: "Samples of Destiny". (Quest is not repeatable)
    • "Festive Flames in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours )
    • "Thumore's Absence" (Quest is not repeatable)
    • "Shattered Remains" (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
    • "Missing Decorations in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 15 times.)
    • “… Band Aid” quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is Not repeatable)
    • “Aggressive Advertising in …” quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 15 times.)
    • Players are sent an in-game mail to announce the event.

This event content is currently set to run 11/23/12 through 12/03/12 on the live servers.

Please post any feedback or bugs that you encounter in this thread. Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I won't have time to run this until tomorrow, but I was curious about Aggressive Advertising and Missing Decorations. Is it 15 times total or 15 times per year? I hadn't realized before that there was a limit! ;)
  3. Kaitheel Developer

It's a total limit. We don't have a way of annually limiting repetitions. The last few years the max was 10, but since new rewards were added I upped it to 15.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

good idea, I couldn't get the quest last year due to having already done the max number
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Ahh, I must've never hit the limit before then. Guess that happens when you bounce 7-10 characters through these quests in a row.. thanks for the explanation! Hopping onto Test now to check it out. :)
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

• There are no gloves on the Heroes' Festival clothing merchant.
    • Not seeing the new quest yet but currently doing this on a character that's never done the event before. Running through the Thumore quests to see if that opens it up.
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

A Dream Adventure
    • No ROI in Freeport for Azhar
    • I don't understand what Thumore means by "siblings", but I'm assuming I'm not really supposed to fully understand it. My best guess is that he means siblings in a nightmare dream world?
    • After freeing Werri, the step to return to Thumore has his last name typoed. Right now it says "D'armerf" instead of "D'armer".
    • Same typo after freeing Chullok.
    • Okay after turning it in, by siblings he apparently means someone else and not the dreaming Norrathians. I'm back to being confused.
    • Having the Skyshrine update included instead of Chains of Eternity felt weird. I'm guessing it was an issue of zone assets not being available at the time, but it was just.. odd. Skyshrine didn't feel like a major EQ2 milestone to me, maybe that's why. *shrug*
    • The cloak is awesome, thank you!
    Aggressive Advertising in...
    The naming convention for the new Festival Streamers is inconsistent with the event. The event is called "Heroes' Festival" and these streamers use "Hero's Festival" in their names.

Missing Decorations in...
    Same as Aggressive Advertising, the lights use the wrong naming convention.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Missing Decorations in Freeport ran fine.

Festival Flames in Freeport - the second Ro candle location still says "somewhere near the Statue of the Overlord". That statue no longer exists, so it should be "somewhere around Dreadnaught's Plaza" instead.
    Festival Flames in Freeport - The "row of shops near Freeport Reserve" for the first Ro candle location is no longer a row of shops. I'm not certain what you'd call it, a training area near the Freeport Reserve?

Festive Flames in Qeynos was fine.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

1) There isn't a way currently set up to have an ROI (map marker) for an update that happens in multiple zones. This quest can be completed in either Freeport or Qeynos.
    2 & 5) Maybe in time you will realize what he's saying! Currently, he's being purposely cryptic.
    3 & 4) Typo of his name will be corrected.
    6) Skyshrine was chosen as we didn't have a zone to commemorate AoD.
    7) Glad you like it!
    8) Item naming typos will be corrected.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Make a version of the newbie island with every possible tameable Beastlord warder and mercenary. It will be like a nature preserve with overqualified park rangers. ;)
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

#3 & 4 - running through this on my Qeynos toon and the first time you have to return to him also has the typo. Missed that on my FP toon, apologies!

#2 & 5 - I'm reading it more closely this time and realize that he's talking about power/influence, ie a god's influence. If nightmares are conflicting, then his sibling must be Terris Thule. :p Cryptic things drive me crazy! ;) edit: which I just realized that that actually makes sense if the previous theory people had of this being Morell Thule (sp?) is accurate
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I finished running quests on both sides now. The only ones I haven't finished are the Aggressive Advertising quests due to needing to find 10 people (a few of us are working on this currently at Antonica docks). The new lights from Decoration Additions placed fine in my home.

I think there's some grammatical issues with Thumore's dialogue in the new quest and that may be why I had such a hard time following it the first time. I logged the dialogue the second time so I'll look at it more closely later see if that was the case. If anything, there may have been an excess of commas in the dialogue.
  13. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Aggressive Advertising in...
    We discovered that you can give fliers to mercenaries. Along the same vein, you can also give the Erollisi Day roses to mercs.
  14. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Last post on this now that I'm done testing the event: I've placed all of the new items and they all appear fine when placed. The new streamers are my favorite!
  15. Mophia Active Member

Not sure if I'm sorry about discovering you can give fliers to mercs or not. Was trying to target a player and got their merc instead.

I have a few of my chars at Antonica docks, so give me a shout if you need to pass fliers out, got 11 of them there at the min, will leave them there until I finish the char I'm working on, and then just take another through Heroes. So should be a few of mine there most of teh time.
  16. Mophia Active Member

Oh just a point, found Azhar on my fae BL, and he appears to be levitating off the ground. Not by much, but far more noticeable to smaller races. He's at the level of the top of the boxes around him. My wood elf noticed it, but it didn't look so bad to her.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

I've got a few changes that are headed your way:

• A Dream Adventure - Thumore D'Armer's name is now spelled correctly.
    • Cloak of the Dream Traveler is now marked "Appearance Only".
    • Heroes' Festival is now spelled correctly on the lights and streamer house items.
    • Aggressive Advertising in... - no longer allows you to pass out the flyers to mercenaries.
    • Gloves are now available for purchase from the Heroes' Festival merchant.
    • Festive Flames in Freeport - The Ro Candle location descriptions have been updated to better reflect the locations.
    I do not know when these changes are going to make it to the Test server, (it may be that they have to wait until we can update both live and Test), but they should be noted in the Test update notes when they arrive.

Let me know if you find any other issues with this event.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  18. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaitheel! Is this event still planned to start on the 23rd?
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Yes and no. Am I still hoping it can be activated then? Yes. Could it still be? Yes.
    Are we being warned that it may not be? Yes. Due to circumstances out of our control.

Hence the vague warning that community posted about it being postponed.
    ~Kaitheel
  20. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Ah okay.. that's actually why I asked--the warning confused me (and others from the looks of it). I totally understand that the holidays can mess things up! Thanks for clarifying. :)