Sleeper's Tomb Solo

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristabella, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I am a fury... doing Sleeper's tomb solo.... got a Pally merc.... doing the Sig Questline for updates. Get to Frost and he is unkillable. 2 hours, many, many deaths and repairs..... I got the globules, I knocked out the pillars, but the pillars are not attackable, they take no damage, nor can my merc attack them. I went back after Frost, since all the pillars were inactive... He would not take one iota of damage. Fought him with my merc for 32 minutes straight....nada....

The 4 Pillars did have names Pillar of Defense, Pillar of Offense, Pillar of Avoidance and Pillar of Finesse... Does the order of the pillars matter.... is the quest broken, can you not use spells to attack, does it need to be melee only? What gives? I cannot progress in this quest till I can figure this out, any help would be appreciated.

I am on the step of the Sig Quest that sent me in there to get updates.

I followed these instructions to the Tee:
    • Take the southern hallway. This leads to the next named, Frost.
      • Hotkey the Globule of Mass Deceleration.
      • When Frost casts Pile Driver the first time, use a globule against him. This makes a pillar attackable. Focus on defeating the piller.
      • Beat on Frost again until you can interrupt Pile Driver again. This makes a second pillar attackable; defeat it.
      • Now you should be able to defeat Frost.
  2. Gideon Member

i just did this on my inquis with the paly merc, when he starts casting his aoe you inturupt it with the clicky thing, then a statue.
    becomes attackable ,kill it . with just 1 statue down i was able to kill him pretty easly.
    the crappy thing is this zone is bugged for mercs, the merc wont attack anything thats not hitting you so it wont help kill the statue.
  3. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

I never used a globule on him *shrug*. My fights go:
    attack until red text, tab and move around in center of pillars until one of the pillars pops up on target, kill the pillar, switch back to Frost, repeat. Last time I did the encounter (~40 minutes ago on Test), I only had to kill one pillar before Frost died. (92 Brigand with Inquisitor merc)
  4. Spleeter New Member

I have a 92 berserker, he's well geared and mostly mastered abilities. I can't kill a pillar. I can barely do a couple percent damage to it before I am dead. I first did this and had 11 items to interrupt the boss, and I used all 11 as he kept trying to cast his spell every 15-20 seconds. After several minutes I died. I tried again, I have reset the dungeon, I have tried other mercs, I can't do more than 2 or 3 percent damage to a pillar before I'm wasted. I'm so angry right now I'm about to quit the game and find something else, I play this for fun and this expansion has been far from that so far and now I'm unable to even do anything else I paid for. I have read the walkthroughs, I have asked multiple people online, everyone says I'm doing things right, but I can't get through this.
    Ridolain likes this.
  5. Kristabella Well-Known Member

this is what is happening to me, I have followed the above directions.... to the Tee... I got ALL 4 PILLARS deactivated. I went to the Pillar of Defense..... IT WOULD NOT TAKE ANY DAMAGE WHAT SO EVER, none of the pillars would. I am doing it right. The mob will not take ANY DAMAGE, I am sure because I cannot damage any of the pillars..... There is a problem with this part.... it's like some of us have no problem what so ever and some of us, like me and Spleeter... cannot complete this part... and without completing this part, this xpac is pretty useless because you cannot progress any further.....
    Ridolain likes this.
  6. Nynaeve Active Member

I suggest you get a plate healer merc - like the Templar Werewolf...
    I know you're a fury and can heal, but it's better if you DPS and let the merc heal you!
    I am a Warlock. i did the instance at level 94 without any major problems with the were-templar.
  7. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Thanks I will reset again 5th time lol, I been at it all day with no luck... don't get it.... I wonder if I can use someone else's empty instance to walk in and get the updates...
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Tried everything I have been at this one part of the quest since this morning, haven't gotten one bit of help from soe.... sent in a petition...nothing.... they contacted me fast when my payment didn't go thru...LOL If I had known this before I fixed my cc info, I wouldn't have paid and would have said to hell with it. I have tried diff merc's I have tried so many times using rez scrolls and mana pots spending a lot of SC ...still not a friggin thing. I am pretty damned frustrated with this crap, if it was just me, I would say player error, but it's not just me, many are having the same problems as I am where the Pillars cannot be attacked, or if they are they never lose any health..... Can I get someone from SoE to answer my petition please or this post?????
  9. Nynaeve Active Member

(00:07) Frost: 370846 Zxxxx-Toxic Assault-889478
    Zxxxx | 356109 | 0
    Krivo | 14738 | 8004

I guess I just got lucky and overpowered him with my amassed toxic charge paired with doublecast. I didnt even notice any pillars. he died in 7 seconds.
  10. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I have the in-game Quis merc on my Coercer...during the fight, when the red text showed up, I set off the item to interrupt and get a pillar done, but while I was destroying it the item would not interrupt Frost again. I kept getting a notify of being unable to do so. During the first pillar fight, the merc tanked Frost while I worked the pillar. As soon as it was down, Frost came over to me to attack (dunno why, I was on the pillar) and soon as the red text appeared I hit the item. Again, as I worked on the pillar, the merc tanked Frost. I tried to interrupt Frost while killing the 2nd pillar but again just had the notify of being unable to do so.

I don't understand why others are having the problem. Maybe not in time with the red text? I dunno.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I tried this with my necro / defiler merc. In addition to having trouble with the pillars, I find the merc to be a bit unresponsive at times. He often won't attack anything I ask him to, including the pillars.
  12. Andariel Member

Another way to do this if your having a ton of problems like i did on my Fury cause of lack of dps is drop the merc and bring in a high dps friend assassin or wizard or something. Just heal through it and let the dps burn the statues i know its a Advanced Solo dungeon but you can bring in a friend instead of mercenary to help ya through it just thought would mention it :)
  13. Ramone_AB Active Member

I solo'd frost at 92 and I am geared ok. I had to use my bag of tricks but he is doable. I got keyed the interrupts and killed 3 pillars and he was50% whe I finally refocused on him.

His model size is too big much like a lot the bosses are. I can understand venekor as he is a dragon.
  14. Lamori Member

I was having problems with this quest too. I put Pally standard merc on Frost, did interrupt and started atking the pillar. I went all out at lvl 95 and I barely put a dent in its health. It regens really fast. The whole point of advanced solo instances is so you can do them solo with a merc. If you have to invite a friend to help then that defeats the purpose. I am trying to advance the quest line so I can gain access to all the new grp/raid instances.
  15. Lamori Member

Just tried it again. Can not seem to kill pillar. its regen is really fast, as a heal based tempie my dps is okay, but not enought. Still can not tell merc to atk the pillar
    Ridolain likes this.
  16. StoneLegion Active Member

This sounds exciting. I can't wait to try him out. You guys really upset though that he is hard? Maybe you need to gear up a tiny bit more and work on more strategies. They have nerfed enough of the game tbh :)
    ZUES likes this.
  17. Brian New Member

I tried him last night as well for about five, maybe six times. I am a 93 well-equipped fully mastered Inquisitor who has had absolutely no problems with any of the CoE content so far. Heck, moloing/soloing PR, parts of SS contested, or other slightly challenging zones are all my play ground. Yet the pillars did not go down even 5% with everything I had hitting it. I'm not a bad healer parser, but I understand I am not the best. I usually parse about 65k-75k or so, depending on the fight. If I can't even scratch these pillars, then something is wrong. After a couple failed attempts I did try the walk through as well and the little clickie items, but had the exact same results. I'm thinking there is something more to this than just enough dps. As I read Kane Hart's reply, I think he has no concept of the fight. It has little to do with DPS or gear, me thinks, but more to do with some trick or tactic that we're obviously missing. It could actually be some kind of bug that is not quite working as intended. Perhaps the pillars can only be hurt by noxious damage? I don't know, whatever it is my class doesn't seem to have it.
  18. Chrol Developer

I tested this on a level 95 fury with 280 AAs, expert level spells, and a mix of Withered Lands quest and Skyshrine gear, with an SK merc...

Those stupid pillars wouldn't go down! AAAH! (Granted, I don't play furies.)

I removed their hitpoint buffs and tried again. This time I was able to destroy the pillars! Frost melted away and I immediately deleted my fury and went back to my dirge.

So, whenever we have our next hotfix, those pillars will become much easier to destroy in the [Advanced Solo] version of Sleeper's Lower. In the meantime, for those having trouble defeating this encounter, you can bring another player into this zone (along with any other instance listed as [Advanced Solo]).

-Chrol
    aspekx, Katniss, Leeroy and 3 others like this.
  19. StoneLegion Active Member

Thanks for the upcoming fix and as well as the tip of something I never knew :)
  20. Spleeter New Member

Thank you for the response, Chrol.

I have a mix of Withered Lands/SS gear & 320 AA. There wasn't much I was going to be able to upgrade to do more DPS. I can tank just about anything I have tried, including epicX2 mobs 2 level higher than myself, but couldn't dent those pillars.