Betrayal Quests need updating

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mae-, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Mae- Well-Known Member

The text that is part of the betrayal quest is old and outdated, severely. It still tells you that your spells will be reset, even if you don't change profession.

(P.S. While you're at it, remove faction restricted classes... but really this post is about updating the text for betrayal quest, its been years since it was changed!)
  2. Terein Active Member

They should really update the whole process... and remove exile entirely.
  3. Epixz Member

if you have changed class you should just be able to swap back via an npc with a small timer like 1 day.
    if you are switching city... well it shouldnt happen since every class should be available to every city...
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

I don't mind exile, its fine. But allowing any class to be in any city would go a long way towards removing one of the remaining annoying parts of this game.
    Ruckus likes this.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

I love exile, I stayed there for four years ;)

I'm going to betray back to evil, probably this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm on a mission so I can't stop and stay in Haven this time.
  6. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Mae beat me to it.

It's time to allow ALL classes to be neutral. PvP did it years ago, and it's time for the PvE servers to catch up with the times.

Seventeen classes are neutral on PvE...free the remaining eight classes!
  7. Terein Active Member

I'm not sure I agree that pointless grinding is fine, especially if they remove the only reason the process needs to exist.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

As long as people realize that, as we have seen with other streamlining and revamps, any reworking of Betrayal could end up as a 30 minute quest that lets you pick which city you want to be a citizen of at the end of it. One of those "be careful what you wish for" things.
  9. Lera Well-Known Member

We don't need evil paladins (no such thing) or good shadowknights. Making most classes neutral wasn't needed, and we don't need every class in every city. The only reason they do it on PvP servers is because you need certain classes for raiding, and you can't even talk to the other faction there, let alone group with them.

If we're going to make everything neutral, then why even have good and evil cities anymore? Things are fine the way they are.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

Why do we need good and evil cities anyway? What's the point? Because everyone else does it like that? =P
    Cyliena and Terein like this.
  11. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I understand why they have factions, and some classes that are not neutral. I just wish they'd have means for players as individuals to earn faction anywhere they wanted to. And not some 30-minute quest either. I'd like to see writs opened to everyone - Qeynos and Freeport have this already below lvl 70. If you can get to the writ-giver, you can get the writ. Give writs a small measure of actual city faction, and if someone really wants to they can earn ally faction with every single city. If you earn the faction, you have access to that city's merchants and bankers and housing and whatnot. Make an achievement and title for getting max faction with all cities, The Diplomat.

'Course, I'd also like to see them stop dithering around with Exile and admit that a group with its own home city and amenities, that is open for people to play in as long as they want, is in fact a faction. When the game first started they made it obvious you weren't supposed to stay in exile - you couldn't level past 18! Now some things Exiles can't do because they're not a faction, some things Exiles can do the evil version, and some things Exiles can choose which side they want to work on. Just open the factions already! Yes, there's reasons for the cities in general to not get along, but players as individuals should have choices. Especially now we've got the New Combine, and Freeport and Qeynos are actually allies.
  12. Epixz Member

And yet you dont seem to be bother with the concept of nice assassin running around qeynos or tolerant inquisitor asking questions to people in Qharbord while a charismatic coercer bend the will of your friendly neighbourhood fae at the mage tower.
  13. Terein Active Member

I agree, however it was already done, and it was stupid not to do it for every class.
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of that, either. I think the old good/evil classes were fine the way they were.

No, we don't "need" good and evil cities, but the game's set up that way, and it makes no sense for Lucan to tolerate any kind of "good" in Freeport, especially since they'd most likely be trying to overthrow him (plus it's a continuation of EQ1, where the paladins of Marr still held on to North Freeport; now they don't even have that) - and it also makes no sense for Antonia to openly allow in Qeynos the sort of things that go on in Freeport. Same with Kelethin and Neriak. Gorowyn and New Halas are much more neutral, but there's no reason to change the existing lore.

Plus the betrayal quest is repeatable, not very long, and has no penalty.
  15. Mae- Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with anything? Just because I can repeatedly betray doesn't mean my mystic is any closer to living in Freeport.
  16. Lera Well-Known Member

You can buy houses there, switch back to mystic, and still use them. You can wander around most of Freeport at 95 and the guards are grey. But even if you can't actually live there as a mystic, why do all choices have to be open to every character? Maybe mystics would work in Freeport, but defilers make no sense in Qeynos.

I've done all the Freeport quests, including the new quest line - and, yes, I had to switch to shadowknight to do it. I'm fine with that.
  17. Epixz Member

have you ever heard of shared bank and heirloom items that one of your character cant use just because of arbitary decision to not allow a mystic in freeport while a kind benevolent templar can share the loot the nasty SK has looted via the shared bank.
    stop grasping at straw there is just no reason lock class anymore stop trying to justify it with pseudo lore.
  18. Lera Well-Known Member

The shared bank has been cross-alignment for years now.

And what's pseudo lore? Is that what SOE made up when most classes went neutral? Good/evil have been in the game since launch. And if you don't care about the lore or the setting, and you just want to kill things with your mystic and take their stuff - a perfectly fine playstyle - then so what that you can't live in Freeport? Which city you live in is just fluff, isn't it?
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

I care about the lore. My halflings are all evil. Because that's the lore of their story. I have played defiler and mystic, and prefer the mystic. I don't see the reason why defilers and mystics must be faction locked when templars and inquisitors, who are at the very least equally factionally split, are not. Or why my friend's swash can't betray to freeport and worship the deity he wants to, because for some reason, charming people are always goodhearted according to the lore.
    Ruckus likes this.
  20. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Not entirely. Shared bank is not cross-alignment on PVP servers, and no Exile on any server has access to it.