Bag Sorting

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Terrogaunt, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I'd think that would also result in opening your house vault bags when in the guild hall, wouldn't it? Which would mean opening both your vault and your bank bags if at the guild hall banker. Unless the hotkey could be made to perform a check of some sort, either a) which structure are you in, or b) do you have the bank open.

Personally, I'd like to see the open-bank-bags hotkey work to CLOSE bank bags for exiles. It opens them just fine, but trying to close them doesn't work. As near as I can tell, it checks whether all the bags are open, sees the shared bags are not, so tries to open all. And of course, since exiles can't access the shared bank, those bags aren't opened. I figure this is the issue because the only time the hotkey did work to close the bags was when the shared slots were bugged for exiles a while ago and did open, but didn't let you withdraw or deposit anything. Just taunted you by showing everything in the shared slots. :mad:

(Given the issue and the only time it worked correctly, it seems to me the easiest fix would be to let exiles access the shared bank slots...)
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Before you start trying to make the bank slots work the same way as inventory could you please fix inventory so that the new functionality is in addition to the old instead of replacing it? Currently on test you can not swap bags around between inventory slots without either dumping one bag's contents into another or getting an error message as to why you can't dump. Some of us don't want to dump at all and would be grateful to be able to continue swapping as we've been able to do for years.
    Enric_of_Neriak, Eradani and Finora like this.
  3. thepriz New Member

It doesn't have to be the bank bag hotkey, just any hotkey would be nice.

4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Could an option be added to bags to prevent items from them to drop in depots?
    Cyliena and Ghoti like this.
  5. jakenn Member

Would / could there be a 'sorter' to pull "like" items from separate bags and group them together? I waste too much play time trying to "Match Up" new items with stuff already in saved bags.
  6. Ghoti New Member

I would love a selection to have all tinkered items go into one spot, and all quest items too.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

Personally I'd like to see /bag_open -3 and /bag_open -4 unnerfed. Being able to see what's in our bank or house vault from anywhere in Norrath was quite handy. You couldn't actually remove the contents, so I'm not sure what it was harming. :(
    Eshaac likes this.
  8. Eshaac Active Member

Yes, I'd like to see this return as well. It was very, very handy.

Eshaac
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

It was removed right around the time that EQ2X rolled out. But remember kids, Free-to-Play didn't have *any effect* on EQ2 live. ;)
  10. StaticLex Active Member

I want the ability to assign a specific item to specific slot in a specific bag. For example, I have stun and stifle signets sitting on the bottom row of one of my bags so I can pop open my bags and quickly see which I am missing. It's irritating when I buy signets and they just fly into the top slot of my first bag.

So yeah, basically I want it so if an item enters my inventory and it matches a tagged spot in any of my bags, it automatically flies into one of those spots.
  11. Terrogaunt Developer

I'm not stacking any like items together on purpose. I want all of the before and after amount of slots to match, since this system doesn't create or destroy any items. If I were to stack them, it would take adding code for destruction of the old item's DB entry. Completely doable, but not necessarily important for the launch of the feature since not doing it correctly would cause some serious wonky-ness.

I think that might be a little bit above and beyond the call of sorting. Who knows? Maybe in the future we can make the empty slots into buttons that you can flag to specific filters, but that sounds like a whole bunch of data that we really don't need right now.
  12. Eradani Well-Known Member

have you given any more thought to how to keep the bag swapping that lots of us are used to and make use of many times a day? i'm really scared to touch any of my bags on test as it's very confusing as to which bags actually do what anymore.
  13. Terrogaunt Developer

I made it so the functionality only affects the bags that are in your primary inventory. Swapping bank bags and such should work as it always has.
  14. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I played with this on test and I submitted feedback in game so I won't repost it here but I do have a question. Will this sorting feature ever be implemented for personal banks? If not I really don't see the point in spending all this time building a feature then only half way implementing it. I'll bet a lot of people would really like to be able to dump all the contents of inventory bags into personal bank bags and vice versa.

I'm personally disappointed that this doesn't work on my personal bank. I have several toons that were waiting for this to go live before upgrading their personal bank boxes to bigger versions. I envisioned how glorious it would be to hit sort, move all the newly empty boxes out, upgrade my storage space and be done with it. As it is I suppose I could move a few at a time to my personal inventory and... Having to try and come up for a work around to get the basic functionality this feature should bring , at launch, to all inventory management, not just personal inventory management is just silly.

I'm also not sure why bag swapping in inventory couldn't be left as it is and a modifier key, such as shift, alt, or ctrl wasn't used to trigger the dumping of contents from one bag to another. Seems like you reinvented the wheel and didn't bother to make it all the way round.

I do like what functionality is there and I am excited about the feature, however it only feels half way finished as implemented. If history has taught us anything about EQ2 it is that barring any game ending bugs this feature won't be touched again once it goes live. What is there is nice and it's better than nothing but we shouldn't have to settle for what feels like a half feature or nothing at all.

That was a little more feedback than I intended to give and I hope it was constructive. I really do like what is coming all I really wanted to say is there should be more and it shouldn't have changed long standing useful functionality to add missing functionality.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

Those are the bags that I swap around the most :(
  16. Terrogaunt Developer

I can't get any more changes in before the update, but I can see if it's possible to make dumping happen when you drag the full bag into the bag window instead of the icon for the bag. That should make dumping a little more intuitive while maintaining your old functionality, but it will mean that I can no longer highlight the eligible bags.

Honestly, I see dumping as a much more useful feature than swapping bag location but I have been called crazy before.
  17. StaticLex Active Member

Maybe I'm wierd then, I'm far more annoyed by not being able to assign (frequently used) items to slots than filtering trash loot or whatever is causing people to ask for the broader change. Ah well, thanks for the reply.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

[BUG]
    I set a bag to harvests only and transmuted an item that gave me a pearl fragment and a vision powder. The fragment went, correctly, into the bag for harvests, but the vision powder did not.
    Transmuting something that just gave me a lunar fragment.. the fragment did not go into the bag slated for harvests. Same thing happened when I transmuted something and received only an emerald fragment.

Additionally, even though the Pearl Fragment went into the bag for harvests on transmute, when I hit the sort button (no other bags had options set) the fragment ended up in a different bag. All of the harvest, in fact, were pulled out of the bag for harvests (slot 5) and put into the first bag (no filter options set).

For the time being, it seems the Wantia Artisan's Satchel still has it's place.
  19. Terrogaunt Developer

I'm always happy to reply when I can. Keep in mind that you can always flag a bag to be skipped if you don't want it to mess up your manual sorting.

Those items probably are missing the classification that matches the harvest filter. If there's a specific tag for powders and fragments, I'll see about including them in the harvest filter.
  20. Zaethe New Member

I would like to highlight this question again, as I didn't see a response when I searched this thread. Are these items sortable?