Odol: What are they for and where do I spend them?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mermut, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

After I finished the signature quest line, random trash mobs overland periodically drop them in small chests. They are some sort of token/currency.. but I have no idea who takes them or what they can buy.
    Has anybody found a merchant who takes the things? If so, where?
  2. Brutalize Member

You use them to purchase gear from Drinal with a combination of about 20 plat and another item which drops off end named mobs of different heroic zones.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Where do I find Drinal to buy them from him?
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Drinal's Steward, at the tourboillion w/e thing in Obol Plains (where you appear in Obol after zoning in from Eidolon Jungle).
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Last night we stumble above those, but only 1 in the whole raid could take them.... why?
  6. Andariel Member

You have to have had completed the whole signature line before there lootable and im pretty sure they arent something that can be rolled on whomever pops the chest gets if they have completed the sig line.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  8. GrouchyMouse Active Member

The heroic? Not the advanced solo?

Rrgh.

I don't get a chance to do heroic zones often...this should be interesting. Thanks.
  9. Kahonen Active Member

We had a few drop on raid last night and they were rolled on and given out by raid leader in the same way as normal loot is. The only requirements was as you said, you have to complete the complete quest before you can loot them.
  10. Andariel Member

Yeah in heroic the other night they were dropping from Ornate chest also and they were rollable. Seems the only time they arent rollable is when there in the small chest that drop sometimes but dont see those very often in Heroic/Raid.
  11. Andariel Member

The only other question i have concerning these are where are the rest of the parts for the pieces. Are they raid only drops or what. Ive ran tons of heroics now my assassin and i have yet to see any of em anywhere and havent even seen in raid yet.
  12. Bolbir Active Member

Same here, still havent seen the other marks then the common obol one.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

If you haven't completed the sig line, you can't see it, roll on it or loot it.

Did a group instance yesterday and only 3 out of 5 were rolling. Me and another had no option to as we hadn't finished the questline
  14. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Obol dropping seems, unever, across the instances. Walked out of one of the early easier instances with 8 of them (for the group). The later, harder instances, not a one. Seems fairly consistent that we're seeing more in the easier instances, than the hard ones.

And so far we have only seen one of the 'other' items, a Greater Spirit. These seem to have a very, very low drop rate. And I still have no idea if the items named after mobs, only drop from those mobs. (ie, does the Essence of Bob, only drop from Bob? Any Named in Bob's zone. Or any Named in any instance).
  15. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Here we go...the farming grind for faction gear...with low drop rates to keep you busy until the next.

I saw one of the named dropped items for the pieces of gear that need particular name pieces to buy them auctioned off at 50p. I didn't see how much it went for, but I bet several hundred plat.

I'm not saying make it hand holdingly easy, but a chance of getting what's needed would be appreciated. Maybe have these obol drop in advanced solos as well? And the other parts? Give all a fighting chance.
  16. Andariel Member

Just curious if you wouldnt mind sharing please. Where did the Greater Spirit drop raid/heroic/adv solo or just random mob outside?
  17. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I want to say it was the first named mob in the new ST Heroic. Lemme see if I can find it in my logs... Yup.

(1353242171)[Sun Nov 18 07:36:11 2012] You loot \aITEM -53141803 -1201015372:Greater Spirit\/a from the Ornate Chest of Commander Vazkurlack Primescale.
  18. Andariel Member

Cool thank ya very much Ynnek least i know there dropping then lol :)
  19. Claws Member

I find the Obol drop rates very good and have lots of them from killing mobs around the Obol Plains. The one thing that does not drop is the spirit of any kind. I am not a raider but still try to get better equipment, running the solo/adv zones looking for it is hard and very time wasting. If the Spirit only drop in the heroic zones then I think the seller of the gear should be inside that zone not outside to tease people like me that do not raid. If the game is to be far to all paying players then the drops should be the same, if i got one spirit out of every 20 solo runs i would be happy, not a repair kit or a totem or more food and drink..You have to remember not only raiders Pay to play this game and I think there are more solo player then raider that pay to play . So lets be fair to all here, not only to one class of player
  20. Draylore Well-Known Member

They do seem to have big disconnect with the amount of Obols -vs- spirits. I think I probably have close to 200 obols now and have only seen/gotten 1 spirit thingie.

And.....to the dev that decided that Obols should be marked Fabled/Ethereal and drop from small chests off every trash in Temple x4 Raid....do you dislike the unfortunate souls that have to be loot officers for guilds that much? And why are Obols (basically currency for heroic loot) even dropping from raid mobs in the first place?