New Marketplace Items: Erollisi Day Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Feb 7, 2013.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

There is also the new orangy pink wings this year. Another thing many players are grinding tokens for. And sadly, other than the flower prizes, the tokens are all the race is worth running for, as 80 is an almost impossible score.
    Absyntheea likes this.
  2. Morg Well-Known Member

The Server lag on Freeport is so bad right now that getting 50 is an accomplishment.
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I have been lucky enough to get the toparies fairly regularly, though there are times....
    I've been trading them for 5 coins (the reward I would have gotten had I not picked the topary) and that's worked pretty ok to help fellow deocrators in my channel. I hope others who are successful will help out a poor sad decorator they know in the spirit of the holiday. If you need a couple on FP, send a message to Amemyst and I'll try to earn you a couple!
  4. Morg Well-Known Member

I saw some pretty calla lillies someone had posted on the test forums. Do you still need to get 80 - 100 to be able to get those as well? I tried the race once, was like running through mud in slow motion on crutches. So haven't tried again.
  5. Ashlie Active Member

The calla lillies do require getting at least 80 hearts on the race to have them as an option.
  6. Ridolain Active Member

I would definately like to see more items from the Marketplace make its way into the game. Perhaps something that didn't sell well, or have a poll or something, move an item or two into the crafter's books like the blocks were.

Of course, as an armorer, I've been pretty much ((insert word here)) on getting in game coin since all the excellent armor that came out with a few exceptions.

Ah well. But as any point stands, there are those 10% "whales" (the people who spend a bulk of their money that keeps a game afloat) so if they keep spending, the items will stay on the Marketplace. I've been doing my best to slow down my buying unless it is something I can really use (like the potions) or an armor/mount.

Do keep the feedback and suggestions coming. My father always said "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". Hopefully SoE will listen.
  7. Ahma Member

There are a lot of folks who are passionate about this issue, both here and in other threads, so I'd like to let you know that we are reading this and we are thinking about what you have to say.

One of the concerns voiced was that in-game items aren't as good as Marketplace ones. I went back and reviewed the in-game offerings for Erollisi Day and I do think we've got some very cool items available there, including the wood framed beds, cordons and garlands, and the purple flowered shrubberies available via tradeskill recipes. If there are other things you'd like to see please keep letting us know--I know your feedback is seriously considered when in-game events are updated.

I have one more thought that should be positive for everyone who likes getting items in-game (which, I'm guessing, is everyone): new items on the Marketplace do sometimes end up as different variations in the game so you can acquire them without paying. Among others, this Erollisi Day you've got the Tinkered Love Flutters and the Green Formal Attire, variations on two Marketplace items, available during the event without paying SC.

Thank you for your feedback, and for caring enough about the game to share it.
    Tekadeo and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Raienya Member

Smokejumper mentioned a little while ago that many items on the Marketplace would be looked at to change them over to player recipes. Is there any ETA on that happening?
  9. Lempo Well-Known Member

On the old forums there was a thread such as this asking what kind of ideas people had for crafting items, at least one of those items turned up and I'll give you 2 guesses as to where. I'll even go so far as to give you a hint, and that hint is they didn't show up in a recipe book.

It's good that you jumped in here and Dexella directed another thread over here but this left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

And I have to add this, a number of "new" SC items are actually NPC models or old-world items re-textured for SC sale. I think most complained about the apparent disparity between the number of "in-game" rewards versus "SC-Market" rewards.
  11. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

There are about 3 things in the new marketplace batch that were suggested in those threads.

I think what aggravates me most, is that the holidays are starting to feel a little skimpy. The attention is being divided between the in-game things and the marketplace, where, before, it would have all been in-game things. There's not even a single new quest for Erollisi day. This isn't the first holiday that this has happened on, either. I've been playing for quite a few years, and the only thing there really is to do for me this year is race and grind tokens. Sure, I'll do the couple of repeatables to get the new rewards..but there's nothing NEW to do. It seems like there is less and less to look forward to on the holidays. Keep this trend up, and you're likely to lose those people that only come back for the holidays.
    Karrane likes this.
  12. Plavem Active Member

I don't trust anything the devs say.

It has been an ongoing problem for far to long. Sony is here to make money nothing more nothing less. Just like so many other games out there.

Go look at rift, server transfers = free, the only thing you can buy for money are mount, once in awhile. All the fluff in the game comes with a monthly subscription fee. And they have everything eq2 has, without stuff being bought using real life money. Its pathetic that eq2 has come to this.

People on these forums always say eqnext will be awesome. It won't be, maybe at first.. but then it to will become a cash shop, just like all of soe's other games. They don't care about the people playing their game, only care about how much money they will make.
  13. Lempo Well-Known Member

SOE should be making money. I have no problem with that, they are a business. I don't think anything is wrong with SOE charging for server transfers, I do think that there should be a /claim for 1 free server transfer, 1 per character, NO-TRADE like other items in there.
    Server to server transfers cost SOE nothing, are fully automated etc.

I haven't heard a lot of people saying EQNext will be great, if Smokejumper is involved it it then it is guaranteed to be SC-centric I'm pretty sure from the get go the SC shop is going to be "SHOCK AND AWE" as we know it in EQ2.
    They are probably going to be selling raid gear on the SC marketplace in EQNext, except it will be in the form of "zone timer resets" that you can purchase from the SC shop, just like they have started in DCUO.
    EQ2 is not the only testbed for EQNext.
  14. Taysa Well-Known Member

This isn't just an Erollisi Day issue. The Marketplace is full of original items that you cannot get via tradeskill recipes. They aren't just recolors of stuff already available.

In some instances, the items available from tradeskill recipes aren't appropriate for the holiday, while the ones on the SC Marketplace are more appropriate for the holiday. An example is the new Erollisi Day dress. Why are we getting a GREEN one in game, while the red one we have to pay extra for?

I've stopped giving feedback on what items I would like to see in game, because 95% of the time they end up on the Marketplace. I already pay you a monthly subscription, I don't need to be nickle and dimed on top of that.

An example of good marketplace implementation is the stuff you get at city festivals. Those things are already available in game, and players have the opportunity to get them whenever they want, whether its farming for the tokens themselves or farming for the plat to buy them from the broker. Maybe if you focused more on things like that, you wouldn't be getting such negative feedback.
  15. Bibbs Member

To me such large part of the fun of the game vanished with the introduction of marketplace that I left the game for more than four years.

Being back I do occasionally pick up an item from the marketplace (mainly prestige homes and expanders), but the feeling is very bland, it is merely a few clicks, some money/SC spent, and has nothing to offer in terms of accomplishing a quest, or the thrill of getting a new recipe with an item that one can craft yourself.

There are items on marketplace that I would love to craft or quest for, but never would dream of buying, so I simply don't as I never supported neither the idea nor the introduction of the marketplace. I am not playing this game to purchase virtual items with real money. I want to play, to quest, to craft, to feel a sense of accomplishment when I finally acquire a new item, not just open my wallet, get out my credit card and buy it which has nothing to do with playing the game, nor is it any fun (which I assume is the main purpose for people playing).

I believe that Kat has made numerous very valid points in her elaborate posts above, and I am pleased to see that someone took the time and made the effort of posting what should be both said and repeated endlessly till the right people at SOE listen and take it into account. Thank you very much, Kat, for posting.
  16. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I really like the Purple Rose Topiary, and did buy a few, and then found out that it only scales half the size of the red rose topiary, can this be looked at please ? It would be awesome if they could be the same size !
    Thank you !
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

do they have housing yet?
  18. Taysa Well-Known Member

Yes.