[Wish List] Prestige Homes

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Kisy Active Member

Morg That is a wonderful idea!!!

Why couldn't we transfer the house.... HOWEVER, didn't SOE say they were going to come out with a way for us to decorate a house and then sell it?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. firestorck Member

I wish that the premade housing that is coming out these days. could have the same features the original housing in both Qeynos & Freeport have. I'm referring to the ability to change the looks of the walls, floors, trim, & ceiling bits. as well as the larger original houses have a lil concealed room set up on the second level.
  3. firestorck Member

try looking at some of the TT homes. there is at least one person whose home I saw on the server Oasis that is being made into a castle. though more grey than white. can not remember if he is allied with Q or FP
  4. firestorck Member

they still have those. seen the one in Q only about a week ago. it is in the basement of the Tradeskill House. the door to it is right by the door into the two level building itself. have yet to see the FP ones. might be one in WFP. dont know at this point
  5. pumancat Well-Known Member

6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There are two cellar doors in back of the crafter building. The one on the north side of the stairs takes you to the instance.

If they were to use make these into prestige homes, I would like it if they would have the same kind of door in the same spots in town and even use that object as a portal inside a house.

Alternatively, I would prefer it if they allowed us to get to those instances from our homes, allowing us to exit in the respective cities. It's a perfect connection for those of us that like to craft from our homes. Owning homes in those two big cities is terribly inconvenient for this practice. If they won't shift things around, then how about making this happen or even just making it so we can port straight to our faction building?
  7. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

we need few house zones that not on list yet.

primitive caverns
    Dens/Lair/creature tunnels
    torture chambers
    warehouse
    ancient crypt/mausoleum
  8. Raienya Member

I am still holding out for a quested racial home. I had suggested this on the old forums months ago.

My idea was for a long, heritage-type quest, resulting in a home specific to the character's race. Or, the Village of Shin as a quested home. I'm a little over the marketplace, and would like to see some fun, in-game stuff from the devs.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I agree. It would be nice to see a new plat/status house.
  10. Kattt Well-Known Member

I have not read every single post, but glanced over a few. I didn't see this mentioned, but either way, I would love to see the shard of love eday holiday instance as a prestige. This beautified and lush zone would look so lovely as a home. And perhaps open up the building, add a floor or two, some space indoors to build, but enough space outside as a choice too. I would keep fountains and some areas outside, but perhaps remove some items to make sure enough room for construction if wanted.

All together, this zone's graphics are gorgeous, the trees lush and eye catching, and just peaceful to be in. Please offer this for decorators. I would have much rather paid for that, then all the items put on SC and not given to carpenters for the holiday. And to those who did the graphics design there, absolutely well done!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Quested or tradeskilled houses...mmm. Wondrous idea; when are we supposed to get them? And for what level (though I think it should scale; have the equivalent of a 1->2-room place for early tiers, and go on up from there)? ;->

Uwk
    Shamus9 and Feara like this.
  12. Nailoo Member

Would love something like this! :D

I always thought a super cool idea for a future expansion could be the reclaiming of our ancestral homes.

Barbarians-Halas
    Dwarves-Kaladim
    Froglocks-Guk
    Gnomes-Ak'Anon
    Halflings-Rivervale
    High Elves-Felwithe
    Iksar-Cabilis
    Ogres-Oggok

Some of the races don't have cities anymore to reclaim or have one already, like Neriak for dark elves, but that could be worked into the story.

As a woodelf, I'd love to rediscover Jaggedpine Forest or Surefall Glade as a new city, since Kelethin is now in control of the Fae.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geden like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::sniff:: :~-( Pity the poor kitties, then; the Vah Shir homes on the moon got nuked, and the Kerra were always considered barbarian types? We do have an island, apparently, though... ;->

Uwk
    Geden likes this.
  14. pumancat Well-Known Member

possible double post due to being a different thread under different catagory
    Just give us pieces of real estate that coinside with certain older open zones ( Nek forest, Antonica, CL, etc ,,, ) and let us build our homes the way we want them. We already have the main items ( dividers, tiles, furniture ) to build our dream houses and decorate the interiors. More room, and more item count, Less boulders flying through the air, and crazy twists and long distance marathons to get from one room to another. Just a simple ( abeit large ) open space, like the TT island, without worrying about falling off the edge. Give me a waterfall from the side of a mountain that I can build my cottage next to for my druid, instead of one coming from a mile high out of nowhere. You've given us guild halls and prestiege homes the size of 3 -4 Neriak zones combined, with breakouts even bigger. Give us Neriak without anything in it. No buildings, workshops, nor just a big hole crowded by a bunch of empty buildings. Hidden Glade in Ant is a great example as well, nothing there but trees, and can build around them. These are just examples of the Bigger request. Point is, we're asking for the ability to do our own designing of our homes, just give us the real estate to make them. I'd rather the Hidden Glade than Felwithe Hall. You have something like that on EQ1.
  15. Fhaye New Member

All the ideas for homes are great. I like them all. The only thing I want on my wish list is to make the homes reasonably sized that can be decorated and enjoyed by the casual player without having to learn a 3rd-party decorating program. This is supposed to be fun, not stressful. These gigantic homes that are bigger than the giants are just plain silly. A plain open field isn't really a prestige home, it's just an open field.
    Ceyllynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From what I've heard about Star Wars Galaxies, I do like the idea of real estate we can build in/around/etc., like they could there, without needing to break out of some place (tried that in Greater Faydark; it's possible, but there are some just-outside-my- house-window areas that refuse to play nicely with house items. Must try the newest list of break-out numbers for that, once the holidays are over for awhile), that would be nice and stable. :)

And yes, real water features in that real estate! ;->

Uwk
  17. Laiina Well-Known Member

One of the problems with many of the prestige and specialty homes (like Lavastorm) is that while they look really cool at first, they are a real bear to decorate effectively.

Perhaps in the not too distant future we will be able to just buy a piece of empty "land", such as a crater or the "horse" area in Thundering Steppes and have building blocks for houses or be able to purchase different houses to go there.
    Karrane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Deathfist Citadel.
  19. Ancientwolf Member

Call me simple, but a woodsy area with a set of cabins. Most of my characters are the outdoor type, and while Halas is close, Im not all about snow man. Snowmen either. ;) The new Lo mein (laughs) area is promising, but I still want trees.
  20. pumancat Well-Known Member

I almost agree 100% with Ancientwolf. Exclude the SET of cabins, and let me build my own. I also agree about the new Hua'Mein area, it has so much potential, but they screwed it up with the giant clusters of bamboo. Why give us a new bunch of different trees, then give us a place where we can't use them? Sorry, I'm just not that into the Kung Fu Panda comix. Each time I look at this new place, I'm becoming more disenchanted.