Mercenary Noftu from LON loot card

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wingrider01, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Anybody have any details about this, I got one in a card pack I bought, the details are slim, just that it is a Deflier, not even sure what class to match it with, was thinking either a paladin or a sk.
  2. Skrat New Member

I gave Noftu to my iksar necro. She calls him Snack.
  3. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

have 4 level 95 summoners, not really interesting in starting another, but thanks
  4. Malachy Well-Known Member

I use shamans for all of my mages as I can blow up a mob so fast the warding is better than 'faster heals' the other priest mercs could bring. I have asked a few times in world chat if anyone has this merc and apparently no one does or they aren't paying attention to answer that they do.

Let me know how it goes. I have Kenny on my warlock and use the defiler merc from TD for my necro. If you find this defiler is better than the one from TD, I would seriously consider getting those packs for the upgrade as I haven't had any luck with getting another Kenny.
  5. Tangris Well-Known Member

I like Noftu, he heals and cleanses my dirge. He seems to have worse pathing than some other mercs I have tried but I feel he is a good choice for this character.
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Still undecided, I have a dirge and a troub already they both grew up with the inquisitor merc and they fit well together.
  7. Guiscard Active Member

I just got Noftu but haven't claimed him yet. Anyone can post any stats on him - also a question - if you need to use a different merc for a specific quest, what happens if you "fire" Noftu - is he available to be rehired by the same character in the Merc Hire Hall?
  8. SteelPiston Active Member

Same here. I haven't claimed him yet. I thought he may be good for my warlock with his wards. I currently use the mystic merc with my Illusionist for the wards and he works really well except for the fact that he never,ever,ever, cures. Hopefully Notfu cures now and then.

Good question about rehiring an LoN merc. I hope he's rehirable.
  9. Black Sun New Member

10. Lempo Well-Known Member

The spec from the LoN card should not be any better, it is fine for them to put that type of item into to LoN unique mounts as well. When the items exceed what you can get in games is where it crosses a line that shouldn't be, but were all but ready to hurdle way ocver that line anyway.
  11. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

It happened already no going back, not worth fighting over it - best bet if it is a problem then locate anothor game or live with it
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Noftu is a worthless, not anywhere close to Stamper.
  13. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

different class, different abilities - like comparing a apple to an orange, prefer closer comparisions - like exact class to exact class
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

For me they are both healers, 1 gets the job done, the other doesn't. Noftu should be better than Stamper, imo. Since he is 'harder' to get.
  15. Maxxen Member

I have Noftu and for how hard it is to get I gotta say he sucks. Not worth having.
  16. Brainwashed Member

+1 Noftu is no where near the caliber of the inquisitor mercs. His cures are incredibly slow and his wards are terrible.
  17. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

So by that theory you consider a Yugo the same as a Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 that puts 600 HP to the rear wheels bot a car with absolutly no difference? After all they are both cars, the yugo works, but the Shleby gets the job done a lot better and faster. Profiling at it's best

How is it harder? Just depends on how much the goddess of random likes or dislikes you
  18. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Sounds exactly like the class in the game
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Nice strawman, comparing a $7k car to a $60k. As a healer Noftu (and the other healer mercs) should be at least as good as stamper. Noftu should be better because he is harder to obtain, ie. u can't just run up and hail him.
  20. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the problem with your comparision, Cold, is the same one he pointed out. the classes are different. stampler has reactive heals, the deflier doesn't. stamper cures faster because he's an Inquisitor. Stampler isn't 'healing you' as much as he threw a couple reactives on you and is cleaning his tail while the mob is beating on you and triggering them.

I've played with both classes with actual players and the difference is pretty darn noticable in how they play. you can't compare Stampler to Noftu and say the defiler sucks cause he's not as 'good' as the Inquisitor. and I think he is about the equal to the gorowyn defiler.

as to being harder to get...he's not. if your a gold memeber you get 5 free boosters a month, they added the ratonga packs to those, so yeah, 5 free chances at him for logging into LoN 1 time a month. not that hard to get.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.