Forum Feedback (Official!)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chikkin, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

One more note! If you have set your preferences to not receive e-mails and are still getting them, check to be sure it's not from a thread you were previously subscribed to. When you change your preferences, it's only from that point forward -- it doesn't unsubscribe you from old threads.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

1) It makes moderating content easier.

Why no comment on removing this horribad parchment effect?
  3. Guffy Member

Maybe a Suggestions forum would be good , and/or a Legends of Norrath forum
  4. Mystria New Member

Is there any way to break up the dev tracker search feature more like it was before? I don't really have any interest in the international forums that I can't read, nor do I always want to see responses in the technical support forums. I'd like to see dev responses to questions on bugs, content, and features, as one search and maybe the community reps (English only) as another search kind of like it was before.
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

The skin will remain as-is for now. We will introduce a stretch skin later, and are considering looking in to addition skin choices.

Legends of Norrath has their own forums. They are currently found here. Eventually, they will be transitioned to this new system as well.

One way to do this is to select who you would like to "Follow." Then you can see posts from them directly on your newsfeed. I will be sure to include instructions on this in the FAQ (note: this likely will not be posted before early next week!).
  6. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Yes thats all fine and dandy but we then really need the ability to have our news feed as an rss feed.

And again +1 for unlimited editing time
  7. Kattt Well-Known Member

Well, essentially the responses (to feedback and questions) herein make me just want to not use the forums. No explanations, just no, we won't give you the ability to make custom avatars as you already had, no we won't let you edit posts indefinitely as you had before, to make peoples lives easier (like with lists and informational posts), and no, we won't let you change skins (including if the current one is hard on some people's eyes like mine, and gives headaches)...which basically to me sounds like they don't care, and the "play your way" is just a tagline. I know others had lag problems and I care about it being better for them, and there are some nice features here, but I preferred the old forums in that the problems listed above where not there. I am very disappointed at the positions being taken by the powers that be. Very unbending.
    Pijotre and Afista like this.
  8. StoneLegion Active Member

I must say I like XenForo I been using it for a couple years now on both my sites Terraria Online and Godcraft. I am glad you guys decided to switch to the software. I for one can't wait for a none fixed skin but for now I'm happy with the changes.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

As someone who has administered forums for 12 years and personally migrated large forums with hundreds of thousands of conversations (without losing a single post), it's very difficult for me not to be cynical about the endless compromises being made here. The limitations in Edit time, Avatars, and Style, the removal of crucial Subforums, and disabling of features like Member List, leave me scratching me head. I know that the EQ2 community are probably head-over-heels at how much better the new forums perform, but this could have been a home run. Instead, it's a base hit.
    Tylia, Uberfuzzy, Terein and 3 others like this.
  10. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

I want to say thanks for the feature that shrinks huge screenshots down so they fit the width of the forum (click to enlarge, click to restore.) That's actually the slickest way to handle oversize images that I've seen.

My question is, how do I change my forum handle? I was forced to create one before I could log in, but it's too long and I'd like to take the _01 off the end of it.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I loved that, being on a 1024x780 screen. This is one of the features I like most on all forums and luckily seems to become a norm.
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

These forums are starting to turn into a ghost town. SOE you need better management. I mean here in the forums. The threads need to be subcatagorized so it's not an endless pit full of unread posts. Our time matters and so does the information we put into this site. Clean it up!
    Pijotre, Terein and Feldon like this.
  13. Onorem Active Member

Is there a way to see who is logged in at any specific time? On the old forums, there used to be a list of users at the bottom of the top level page.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

This feature is built into XenForo but was disabled.
    Terein likes this.
  15. Onorem Active Member

That's unfortunate. Not a huge deal, but I liked being able to see if someone was on before I responded to a post or sent a PM. Just to know if I should stick around to see if they might respond quickly. Oh well. Not a deal breaker. Love the speed. Hate the skin.
  16. Terein Active Member

I've never seen a popular forum with an edit lockout timer, also we can have custom signatures, why not custom avatars..? I really don't understand, it's not even an issue of moderation because you have to moderate our signatures anyway.. Why didn't we get any explanations..? :(
    Pijotre likes this.
  17. Uberfuzzy Member

nitpick pet peve: those fancy SOE badges you rednames have, should also be reflected on your profile page. So we can tell if a person with that name is really SOE if they have 0 postings to see it next to their name to verify
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

Everything else is ignored, Flood control is added.

+1 internet points for SOE
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

Pijotre likes this.
  20. Gaarysal Active Member

We need zones and pop, items and equipment, and expansion feedback subforums again BADLY, general has become a garbled mess and new posts instantly sink several pages, it has become impossible to leave constructive feedback as it will never get seen by anyone let alone a dev.
    Tylia and Feldon like this.