DPS group heals

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Hene, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Hene New Member

From healer and non-healer standpoints, I'm curious to hear which healer(s) people prefer in their raid's DPS/OT groups, it being:
    Mage DPS
    Scout DPS or
    OT or third tank group

From a practical view it obviously will depend on what classes are available and which group the healer is going in, but it seems for utility and DPS added to a scout and/or tank group, mystic would come in on top (with bolster, RoA, stampede, and now weapon damage bonus), followed by inquis (fanatical devotion, DPS mod, ST AE blocker, fanaticism) then warden (group instinct, group AE blocker plus more?)

Again, curious to see what others think
  2. Arieste Well-Known Member

Fury for mage group, inquisitor for all other groups.
  3. StaticLex Active Member

Mystic and warden in OT group or any melee group. Fury for casters.
  4. Phreak Member

I'd say...

MT: Defiler and Templar

OT: Mystic and Warden (could sub either for Inq)

Melee dps: Inq (could sub for Warden)

Mage dps: Fury
  5. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Now that Warden finally got Groupwide Instinct, you could put them in a tank group or melee DPS group. Inquisitor is still stronger with buffs, though.
  6. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Ideally, Defiler Templar MT, Mystic Warden OT, Mystic Inq 3rd, Fury Mage. Another Inq or Warden on roster to fill in when a healer MIAs.

Wardens are better than Inqs now, imo.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

^^ Good to know when trying to decide which healer to level first. Warden has been such a disappointment to play while looking for a raid spot for a couple of years now - it will be nice if this is true.
  8. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, not many share my opinion, so you may still have a challenge finding a raid spot.
  9. Aneova Member

While Wardens got group wide Instinct, Furies got group wide Primal Fury, so we can boost scouts and mages as well.
  10. OverDoze Member

i like the defiler play style over the templar when healing a raids mt group i guess its just a personal prefrence and mystic for ot and furys for mages
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Wardens also got Windblade (right side of prestige tree) which is also a group dps buff (plus heal buff, plus crit bonus buff) that works for melee and spell casts.
  12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I agree, I've always like a Defiler over a Templar play-style wise. I mutinously will not betray my Templar to Inquis, so Defiler has been the healer of choice for a couple of years. I don't care what group I'm in...just let me do some good.
  13. Widem Active Member

Priority Mystic

Warden/Inq - I'm not so sure wardens aren't the way to go atm. Group Instinct is parsing amazingly and Windblade your talking 20+CB for the group, which is just amazing. That is so amazing I'm not entirely certain it isn't on par with Primal Fury in a Mage Group
  14. Vitriol Member

<3
  15. Koko Well-Known Member

I could easily see it. I'd imagine its whoever is the better player for most cases.

You're essentially trading haste/dps/reuse + 2 damage procs for 21CB and 2 damage procs. It really comes down to how much the damage procs are (what the scout reuse demands are), and how often each class's tools allow jousts to be ignored.
  16. Stormwarn New Member

When we raid.. it rolls like this.. MT Defiler/Inq OT Defiler or Mystic/ Inq Scout group Warden/Inq or Templar Mage.. Fury Inq or who ever signs on. Most times.. as the only raiding warden in guild.. I end up solo healig scouts.
  17. Netty Member

Why would you not use the templar in the MT group. Its a waste to have them in any other group imo.

Also wardens are better than inqs now imo. For tank groups they win hands down over a inq. With the CB gain on sandstorm in the OT group they are just amazing imo. Windblade is also one of those very nice things. I think inqs might buff a scout group abit better still there is not much diffrens there. And warden aoeavoid/groupdeath save make it so they can stay in on more imo...So wardens are alot better for everything now imo.
  18. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Warden death saves are tricky if you are going to get the full benefit. There are many Wardens that either dont know they have as many as they do or dont know how to use them...or both.
  19. Rixende New Member

<3 Damn straight.
  20. Rixende New Member

They obviously don't know either if they aren't utilizing them properly. I use them all the time.. But I'm pretty sure wardens have been ruining Wardens since day 1. There have always only been a select few who knew what they were doing.