holiday decorations with no item limit count?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Tenchigirl15, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

hey guys, I was wondering since we got cool holiday decorations now in every holiday, but we only have limit space so we can't really decorate holiday stuff in most of our houses since our house limits are used up. so I was thinking how about we have holiday decorations with no item limit count just like the books? because I would love to decorate my house with holiday cheer instead of moving most of my stuff just to put my decorations up for the item count only for holidays. come on EQ 2 please do this? pretty please with sugar on top?? :D
    Karrane likes this.
  2. Kisy Active Member

I would agree to this, save maybe the building blocks. ( Though I would love that to be the case )

My thought is basically that buidling blocks are considered item count and are avialable more than just through holidays.
    Karrane likes this.
  3. JesDyr Well-Known Member

What you do is .. leave a buffer of 50 items on your item count for "holiday stuff" .. then just keep the stuff in a crate and use layouts to switch holiday decor.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

then I have to pick up 50 items in my house just to put up my holiday stuff. what I'm saying is if they have holiday decorations with no item count, it would be better just to put up and take down without a hassle of items you don't want to pick up in your house. ;)
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind having this, but I don't see them doing it because they already did it with books. Books number in the hundreds, but they're generally small and simple to render, with little variation. If they start putting 0 item count on more things, where do the requests end? There are a lot of holidays with many themed items. The house item counts would get pushed well beyond their limits. People would be able to stockpile items without limits, which sounds good at first, but it could cause some performance issues.
  6. JesDyr Well-Known Member

What i mean is .. design the house at the start without taking up the entire item count. Then you wont have to worry about it.
  7. Afista Well-Known Member

but, but, but ...how can you 'complete' a project without using every last item on the count?! : ) (Really, teach me!)

As much as I'd love to say I wish there was no count on holiday decorations, I can totally see it opening hte door to massive amounts of lag and people crashing. Granted, I'd totally attempt to build a village just out of candycanes first though :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kisy like this.
  8. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Oh i don't actually do that .. I don't think I have ever put up holiday decorations :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Charlice like this.
  9. Tock Member

What I did with my guild's tavern is decided to have a really cool breakout or room that's a sort of annex or special room that wouldn't be used all the time. For the holidays, I pack away this section of the layout (swimming pool) to make room for holiday decor in the main portions of the tavern. When the holiday is over, I pack away the decorations, and restore the special extra area.
  10. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I don't think it's possible. I believe item count is put there because this stuff needs to render. If you don't limit the number of things needed to render.. bad things happen. Houses make people crash. I bet this is why there seems to be a ridiculously low item count on some houses. Maybe what's already in the zone takes up "item count" space.
  11. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

you got a point there. after reading the comments I was thinking we should have like a decoration expander or a crate to put decorations in. like 10 or 20 extra item count only for decorations. ;)
    Kisy likes this.
  12. VeilShard Active Member

Yeah unfortunately many people have a hard enough time as it is zoning into a very packed house, I have crashed several times just trying to visit various places. I like the idea of saving away space for holiday stuff so you always have room for it! :) Kind of like saving room for dessert..
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kisy like this.