Are Obol supposed to drop in the 'Advanced Solo' zones?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CoLD MeTaL, Feb 11, 2013.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a single one.
  2. Geothe Active Member

3. Grumble69 Member

Why is that?
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

That makes no sense, they are CoE creatures.
  5. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Nah, you shouldn't get group-level currency rewards from an instance that has group level item rewards.

You should only get them from the group and raid zones.

And from the pure-solo, down-arrowed overland mobs.

But certainly not from the zones in between those two difficulty levels. That would be silly.

(Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me, either.)
    Terein and Guiscard like this.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Prrasha is correct. Obol are Heroic Currency and should not drop from Solo Zones.

Granted... they shouldn't drop in Edilon/Obol either unless the mob in Heroic. Gear still makes little sense in some respects but it is much, much better than Launch-CoE.
  7. Tommara Active Member

I haven't seen a single one in Advanced Solo zones.

Doing the repeatable "kill 50 mobs" quest in Obol Plains, I get one or two each time, i.e., somewhere between 2-4 percent.

There is no "supposed to" or "should" in my response. It's just what I've seen.
  8. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Prrasha is laying it on with a trowel, actually.
    Tommara likes this.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Alrighty then, did you get my response btw about trying to take WBE(AS) with my Illy? I know I had said I would and I finally got back to you on that thread, been so busy.
  10. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Yup. Patch notes make it look like that fight is getting easier for non-kiting classes anyway.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

All the mobs in the 'advanced solo' are Heroic, which is pretty lame imo.
  12. Taysa Well-Known Member

If they do that, make the drop rate even lower than in overland zones.
  13. Prrasha Well-Known Member

The Obol drop rate (assuming they're added to the AS zones)? Why lower? Nobody's going to go farm advanced-solo anything for Obol when they can flatten EJ mobs 5x faster. (And trip over easy-to-kill names who always drop a transmutable item, as opposed to clearing a whole zone and 3-5 names for 1 item that's often just Advanced Adornments 10 or a crude astral material or something else worthless.)

As above, I don't understand why "group" currency items are easiest to get from the solo-est of solo areas, nonexistent in the 1/3-group zones, and not-as-easy to get in the 1-group and 4-group zones. (In obol/time, if not obol/mob.)
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Why? Without Spirits (seen 1 of these so far this expansion) and essences (haven't seen 1 of these yet), they do not get any heroic gear.
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

lol. You know you actually have to do heroic zones to get the spirit drops right? Wait, nm, just realized who I was responding to. Such a vivid imagination.
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Yes, I know. Only been able to do about 10 so far. didn't kill the last guy in all of those though as the final mob just kept 1 shotting us at some point.
  17. Grumble69 Member

I thought I saw something about an upcoming change to convert spirits to obols and obols to spirits(?)
  18. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The last I saw was that he (terrorgaunt) finally said he would not allow obols to spirits, only spirits down to obols.

Like powders into fragments, but not fragments into powders for instance.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

No clue where you come up with that one, adorners CAN turn fragments into powders :rolleyes:

But no, obols don't drop in the solo zones and if can't clear heroic anyway for spirits or essences, you don't really need any then?
  20. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

That was an example of what it would be like in other terms. If fragments were obols and powders were spirits.