Elite Merc Questions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sradss1, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sradss1 New Member

Hi all. I have an elite (rare) mercenary for my 95-Fury on Nagafen (Matri Dut), but does anyone know what the minimum level is to hire them?

Also wondering what the cost is at lower levels for the elite mercenaries... At 95, it's 30 plat to hire and 3 plats every half hour for the upkeep......

Thanks!
  2. Nynaeve Active Member

I had the Stormcaller (fury) elite once, but I kicked him again cause they're sucking plat like leeches and he didn't do any better in WE-Advanced Solo HM than the Templar-Wolf.
    Way too expensive to keep, therefore useless.
    Maybe when the Devs finally decide to allow us too keep multiple mercs and choose one per situation they may be of use...
  3. Sradss1 New Member

What level were you when you had him? And what did he cost to hire and upkeep? I know the regular merc prices change, but I didn't know if the elite merc costs varied or not.....
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

30p to hire 3p (zam) or 5p(Eq2wiki) - not sure which is correct - every 30 minutes. Upkeep is at level 90 - I assume that upkeep should be less for lower levels, but I can't be 100% sure that this is the case for the Elite Mercs.

Not sure there's a level limit on hiring, but you might be limited by your ability to safely navigate the zones given the mob levels where they can be found.
    Easiest to get would appear to be Kenny who can be found in the Commonlands(20+), Matri Dut can be found in Stonebrunt Highlands (85+) and Perrin can be found in the Withered Lands (90+). Also to be able to hire Perrin you need to be able to speak Druzaic.

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mercenaries_(EQ2)
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Mercenaries
  5. Guiscard Active Member

I just got the Templar merc from LON - Noftu. ANyone know anything about him? I realize with an elite merc when you kick him you would have to find him again to hire him. But what about the COE mercs - if you kick one does he go back to the Merc hall to be rehired? What about the LON merc? Does he go to a hall to be rehired when you need him?