Have you played Goblin Games recently?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Mysstie Well-Known Member

According to Customer Service (response to petition) I should have the Goblin Tickets in my Promotions Tab, they see them. I still do not in game. I sent them a screenshot of my /claim Window where it should be. Bizarre.
  2. Mysstie Well-Known Member

My situation is resolved. They even went back in my history and noticed that I should have had 5 more tickets than what I had claimed and added those to my Inventory Overflow. They had me delete my cache, fixedassets (which was empty but deleted anyway), and any logincache folder I might have had (I had none) and then Validate Game Assets (which were fine).
  3. Dexella Associate Producer

Mysstie, thanks for those details -- they are very helpful in tracking down the cause of this issue.

Thanks. ~Dexella
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me how many tickets we should have by now since it started as a gold subscriber?

I have played maybe 5 games (3-5) and want to know if the amount I have left is correct (ie I got all my allocation)

I got an unattuner the other day, has made me more keen to play them now!
  5. Mysstie Well-Known Member

According to my petition:
    That includes this month. 7x3 = 21.
  6. Koleg Active Member

You know ... IF the games were semi-skill based where better times/score/performance helped determine the reward quality rather than seemingly 100% random, I'd be much happier calling it a game rather than calling it a Time-Consuming way to buy Unattuners for 1800SC (funny how that works out to be the same price as a Krono) with the rare chance to hit the jackpot in goblin gold.
  7. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I kind of look at these games as just a chance to get something extra like a Loot Card from the 5 free LoN packs you get a month. If there is a specific mount, armor set, or whatever you actually want, you'll probably come out ahead just purchasing it outright. Granted, there's a few things that only come from these games. Just like gambling in real life, the house (SoE) wins (makes more money from you) in the long run.
  8. Meidjum Active Member

I have a gold account that I pay for 3 months at a time. Seems like on the month that my membership is paid I get the tickets, the other 2 months I don't. Looks like whatever program is used to verify membership status for tickets does not check the multi month accounts.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Are they still giving out LON cards? I've only ever had a couple ever. I don't really know how to use them, I just /claimed them and eventually stuck them in the bank, and I've never seen any in my claim box since.
  10. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I Love the Goblin games!
    I got Goblin Gold.
    I Choose them every time :p
  11. Taivr Member

You have to enter Legends of Norrath to receive your free packs now, you can use the in game version to go right in, or you can log into LoN through the seperate client. Once you're in, you should receive a window showing you your free packs.
  12. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Went down the /petition route myself, however having followed this thread I finally found some LON packs, but not in the /claim window - promtions tab or anywhere else in /claim for that matter. I did however find10 packs in the in-game LON client collections manager - loot tab.
    Now what I'm unsure about is whether these are old packs that I hadn't got around to redeeming, or whether they are the new promotion packs :confused:
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

I just cannot bring myself to play the game 16 times to get 1 unattuner. Let us just buy the thing.
  14. Kesstryl Member

I agree, I'd rather just buy things from the marketplace. I would totally plop down $20 bucks for the winged lion mount! I will not spend an uncertain amount for a chance to get one. I never cared much for lottery tickets of any kind, seems like a waste of money to me, and I never play them in any form, not even IRL. Also I have a gold and silver account, last time I played my tickets on my silver account I had to buy an unlocker to use a ticket I bought with goblin gold I saved. Haven't gone back to it since.
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I wish they would add an option at the bottom that would just let me have my random prize without the zoning and simple simon game.

Buy sc on double weekends, and tickets on rebate and get the unattuner for $4.
  16. Mysstie Well-Known Member

The 5 LoN packs you get a month are redeemed from within LoN itself. They don't magically appear in your /claim window. These packs are not from any particular series. You have to choose what series to redeem from. If you get a Loot card after opening a pack, you then have to right-click on it and redeem the Loot card to transfer it into EQ2. Once you've done this, the loot card's item will be in your EQ2 /claim Window. Depending what the item is, make sure you claim them with the character that wants it.

This site shows what possible Loot cards you can get from which series: http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/rewards.vm?category=eq2

For whatever reason I get them around the 20th of each month.
  17. Luceus Member

Yes, I am with this.

It's odd that the value of 8 goblin coins is roughly 100 SC based on the other prizes, yet they do not allow us to buy the one really useful item on that list. It should be listed for 400 SC, but if that's too low, make it even 500-600. Just allow us to buy it and not deal with playing the goblin game 16x to get the coins.