Worth it?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Shatner, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Shatner New Member

Hello all, I'm an old EQ player from way back and life has provided me time to play MMOs again. I tried Tera but it has so little to do at max I gave up. I want to try EQII but I wanted to know a few things first.
    I tend to be pretty hardcore when I play games so I would want to raid etc. is there a large enough player base still playing? Tera's population shrunk amazingly fast after about 5 months. Is there enough low level players to allow me to play? I'm not sure how group dependent EQII is
    Last question, which classes are the most needed? I have played all EQ classes and enjoyed them all well enough, just wondering what classes might have a higher need allowing me to get into the game more quickly

Thanks in advance
  2. Snowhaze Active Member

Though I'm not sure if I'm going to raid again in EQ2, I was a pretty hard core EQ1 player and raider for 8 or so years and I'm having a lot of fun in EQ2. There are definitely raiding guilds but I couldn't tell you what classes they want the most (though I think they say its the more boring support classes ;)),

I would check around and join a server with a high population. I chose one of the lower pop servers and didn't run into a whole ton of people while leveling, but you should be able to solo your way to max level easily enough, or you can purchase AoD and use a mercenary (really helpful imo).
    Shatner likes this.
  3. Taka Active Member

Freeport has a couple raiding guilds.. great thing about EQ2 you can invest the time and have one of each archetype. Which one you like depends on playstyle. In EQ1 it took me 3 years to level to max my first character, in Eq2 took em 6 months casual and 2 months leveling with guildings for the others.. in about 3-4 months, logging on everyday and explorting, some people hit max in 3-4 days when they get PL'd. and double xp weekends. You can be max level and pretty comfortable pretty quickly. Now, to be the exceptional at your class build server reputation and a base friends list for daily grouping that depends on your social skills ;).
  4. Salavar Active Member

One thing to keep in mind and I'm sure you won't do this but, if you come to EQ2 thinking this is like EQ1 with better graphics then don't bother, you will not be a happy camper.

Basically this is pretty straight forward compared to EQ1 and it can be a lot of fun.
  5. Chronus Active Member

Hope that helps.
  6. Shatner New Member

Thanks, sorry for the late response but that does help