Producer's Letter -- February Update Coming!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Lempo Well-Known Member

Maybe he was power leveled to 95 on auto follow and is leveling his ministration skill?
  2. Jalek Active Member

It's not just SOE, SOE is a division of SCE. SCE has repeatedly done what they just did with Playstation All-Stars and SuperBot Entertainment. Funded development, kept their projects secret, released it with no marketing push or hype, then when sales were poor, dumped the development studio. The game sits on store shelves, and may pick up a following, but it takes time for something snuck onto shelves to be noticed. IGN's PS podcast has a rant about the insanity of Sony's marketing, or non-marketing mentality.

The EQ2 banners in the online ad network are a more sustained effort, however small, than anything I've seen from them.
    Planetside 2 was probably more hyped than anything SOE has ever done. Maybe they'll figure it out yet.
  3. Blissa Active Member

There is no hype because grouping is dead. When is the last time you (if ever) read on a gaming form. "man I just had the best EQ2 group of my life." Yet every day you read on the internet or hear in game how great WOW is. How easy it is to solo and how you can solo raid armor. Any way I am done ranting about solo play. If Sony doesn't improve this games solo play this game is going to die off in the sun set.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

If all you want is solo content, why do you care at all what the population levels are? You won't be doing anything with them. You won't be interacting with them. So whats the big deal? Why do you want to change an existing game when there are countless single player games out there that will suit your desires?
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Blissa Active Member

What harm can come of giving people who want solo content more solo content? Other then maybe spark new life in a dying game. There is already enough group content to keep you busy from now until eternity!
  6. Luzionist Active Member

They could always go back to T5 and put in 3-4 raid zones on 36hr timers or less.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

From what I've seen (and experienced) this type of move gives short-term boosts, but not long term retention. People might come to play solo content, but they stick it out long term and between releases because of the friends they have in the game. Lack of rewarding group content makes it harder and less likely that people can/will group.. which means no lasting 'connections' to the game to hold people over between content releases.
    Alenna likes this.
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

Again, why do you care how lively the game is if you only play solo content? 10 people or 10 million people, makes no difference to you.
    Feldon, Estred and Alenna like this.
  9. Punish New Member

10. eXawSt New Member

Thank you so much for the updated inventory! I don't know if my thread from back in December has anything to do with it, but I hope so! Thank you thank you thank you!
  11. Buffrat Well-Known Member

A warlock with Rift blaming it on the fury, yeah right guy~
    Arielle Nightshade, Kraeref and Lempo like this.
  12. Jrel Well-Known Member

^^Awesome Idea^^
  13. Jrel Well-Known Member

Truth. I've reported it a few times and just gave up using him on my alts.
  14. Salavar Active Member

Evidence please?
  15. Blissa Active Member

When they stop updating this game its going to matter to you. They stopped development on Eqoa once Eqoa stopped making a profit same with Vanguard. If they did it to those game's they will do it to this game.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Isn't the dreadcutter zone too small for a raid zone? I say this cause I'm forever pulling things thru walls and floors in there.
    Tylia and Estred like this.
  17. Geothe Active Member

As it stands. Yes it is, no way a raid would fit inside of that at all.
    However, hopefully, they can do something as easy as increase the scale on the entire zone. Make everything like ~5x the size and it should work as a raid zone.
  18. Malleria Well-Known Member

It's going to matter to me cause I enjoy grouping and raiding. If all I did was solo content it wouldn't really matter (I'd probably have quit by now, or at least play only a while after expansion releases). If all I cared about was playing by myself I'd consume all the solo content, then pick up a new game and consume that solo content, then pick up a new game etc.
    Alenna likes this.
  19. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe if they just scaled the whole boat up by a factor of 3, and put in Kromzek-sized ogres...
  20. Terein Active Member

When he does it I always move him around, sometimes it is line of sight and that fixes it, other times no matter what I do he refuses to heal me. I think he just hates me. :p