Bows with Melee Animations

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Neiloch, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Ever since I saw some mobs in Drunder use a bow as a two hand blunt weapon (accompanied with a /say message indicating they were doing so) I wanted it for my character. I was wondering if there was some way to do this for character appearance.

Perhaps a check box option under character sheet options "Use bow as main hand appearance" Maybe a way to right-click option to change a bow into a two handed melee appearance weapon? Although some bows would look odd being used as such. My concern is having to get two of the same bow so they match instead of switching between two different bows when melee'ing and range attacking.

Some bows even look like they would work well with a 'knuckle' animation given their handle and many barbs.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I second that, smashing someone in the face with Aragos (all sheathed in flames) would be fun. Though really it fits for Rangers at melee-range. Btw have you noticed the animation bug where it fails to swap out your bow and you shoot arrows from your sword?
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The talonites use a bow as a two hander. It's a special case for them that allowed it to work.
  4. Mimixx New Member

Where would I look for it?
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I believe they were on the Giant Ship outside of Paineel in Sentinel's Fate?
  6. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I first saw them do it, or noticed it, in the heroic version of Tallons tower in drunder, Strategist's Stronghold.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Or there. :)
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Couldn't you at least take the two hander skeleton and apply to some bows? I just don't know how else you would 'introduce' them into the game other than the marketplace or putting them into loot tables as their own weapons. We would have to get two of the same bow appearance in this case to make them 'match' though.
  9. Mimixx New Member

Can an Inq wear it in appearance?
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Setting up a two handed bow would be more of a design question. We could do it on our end, it would be up to a designer to say if that's the proper handling of a Norrathian bow.
  11. Lament Active Member

OK; just make it so Rangers can stab people in the eye with arrows; Legolas style then...
  12. Azomonas Active Member

Would a Talonite illusion allow this to work?
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Probably not.
  14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

If you put another range weapon in appearance like a pouch it looks like you are throwing arrows.

Okay, so who would be the best dev to bother then?
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Gninja. Always Gninja. Tell him I sent you.
    Neiloch likes this.
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

17. Lament Active Member

#badttobey?
    ttobey likes this.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

The Vigilant, Tallon's Stronghold also featured this. Though given others have I won't bug Gninja about this one though man would be fun to thwack someone in the face with Vexthorn.
  19. Gninja Developer

This is an animation thing. You should totally talk to TTobey. :p
  20. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

roflmao