CoE Token Mercenaries question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Phoboss, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Phoboss New Member

Are the token mercenaries from CoE any better/stronger than the ones that can be hired normally(with the exception of rare merc's of course)? Just curious as I am starting to level my alts, and would be willing to drop the play on CoE token merc if they were considerably more powerful. Any information would be great, thanks!
  2. Erszebeth Active Member

they have increased stats over the basic mercs, yes. The biggest difference is that where the basic mercs become useless and unable to crit in current content, the new token mercs are able to crit outside of current HM content.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep, basically if you used an old-world merc. You need a dropped one for him to be good in current. That or you need one of the Archon mercenaries from Skyshrine. I still use Archon Contsruct though I am sad they nerfed Matri Dut, whatever did she do to you other than actually do some decent damage. Not as high as a player but certainly better than a normal merc; she is Elite after all.
  4. Mohee Active Member

The token assassin merc (Kilphin or w/e) does like 10-13k dps!

Talk about uber!!! :cool:
  5. Erszebeth Active Member

yea...I've heard he's been broken since CoE launched...I have Dolsie Songspinner on one of my toons and she does good, don't recall what as I haven't played the toon in awhile tho.
  6. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Interesting, I did not realize that. Does that apply to Withered Lands and Skyshrine as well?

Has anyone done a good comparison of the mercs? And is it just the dps that is broken with Kilphin? That is just the auto attack isn't it?
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

He also squashes faster than the Iksar assassin. Simply the Mercs are kinda supposed to have a progression.

Default Mercenaries
    Signature Mercenaries
    CoE Mercenaries
    Elite Mercenaries

Or at least that is how I think they are meant to progress.
  8. Seiffil Active Member

Last I checked the construct mercs from Skyshrine also have 150 CC.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Hm, well news to me. I only have Songspinner dropped (and aquired) so I have yet to test the "healer" mercs. I want to try the Warden out. Archon well... he is getting slow on the cures.
  10. Phoboss New Member

thanks for all the information everyone. Last question, can a low level get CoV'd to spawn point of these CoE merc's once I have obtained and used the token? And which of the CoE one would be best for my level 20 warden? About to take this toon to 95-320
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

They're tradable. Search for merc on the broker.
  12. crazyeyes321 Active Member

You cannot CoV to the location, even if you have the token, unless you have done the questline. You can't use a druid ring unless you have done the quest line. My brother at 92 cannot CoV to me after buying a key as he hasn't done the quests, though he can still enter via ferrott and use the obol portal in jungle. I suppose he could just not know what he's doing though, I wonder about him often in this regard.
  13. Kwill New Member

That seems strange that you can't CoV if you haven't done the quest line. It's true, the druid ring is only open after the quest, but CoV should take you just about anywhere. I would like to hear if others have experienced this.
  14. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yes, I have several very low levels with these mercs :

Note you need to either be a race that can come to a group member (Dark Elf, High Elf or Erudite) or have the group member use the SC item that brings group members to you.

The rat one is reachable by anyone, you take the world bell to the dock in Jarsath, talk to the dwarf nearby and he will map you right to the Wormbone entrance the rat is near. Be warned though, the rat is very ugly with bloody bandages and bloody scratches all over his body.

The Yahlei is by the entrance to Chelsith the Ancient Vault, the same dwarf will map you to there.

Kilphin is easy if you have someone who can either bring the low level to him/her, or the low level is a race that can go to another group member in the same zone. No aggressive mobs right near him.

Captain Bloodstain is trickier, as you have to be brought to or go to another group member twice, but is on a beach with no mobs by him.

Dolcie Songspinner does need mobs to be taken out right before the low level approaches her, as she is on a dock (near where the ogre is) right by aggressive mobs. Again, the same approach to reach near as the ogre.
  15. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Steward column (guild placed teleport item) will get you to Obol plains or the Jungle even if you've done none of the quests. In zone teleport can get you to where the mercs are.
  16. Phoboss New Member

Thanks for the information. And you would consider these CoE merc's to be far superior to normal ones? Worth the investment for Bloodstain on my warden as he is around 900pp on my server currently
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Wait a bit. Since the obols are now easier to get in the group dungeons, I have noticed the prices for many of the mercs, Kilphin and Bloodstain in particular, plummeting in price. On Freeport, as low as 20P for Bloodstain and, last I checked, 8P for Kilphin. My husband got Dolcie for 42 plat last weekend, though she fluctuates wildly in price, and is back to over 300P last I checked.

Point is, I think the prices on all but the rat and the yahlei will be going down a lot on all the servers eventually. Big thing is to check the broker frequently and be ready to buy the merc you want fast as soon as it get cheap enough.

I like the ogre, and have him with my ogre templar character. He does talk a great deal, LOL. But he seems pretty sturdy against your basic quest mobs, and does do a lot of damage. My son says he isn't as good against high level like Skyshrine, and is squishy there. He was nerfed since when on test too, in the squishy area. So be prepared to heal him a lot. I am suspecting that Kilphin and Bloodstain are both nerfed, just in different areas. To be honest, I think Dolcie is the best merc I have seen. She actually does good damage and does Troubador buffs. She is eager to fight the mobs and draws threat easily though. So again, be prepared to do some healing.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

On splitpaw they've been as low as 9pp. I definitely would not spend 900pp on them. I'd rather camp and elite merc (which is cheaper to buy and upkeep at lower levels)
  19. Phoboss New Member

Ok will do. Final question, which one of COE mercs would be best for Warden?? I assumed Bloodstain
  20. bsod Member

The warden merc has 150cc like Kilphin.. doesn't do anything really for DPS (i don't care it heals as good as the regular warden merc) but seems to live better then a regular merc.. It still has no group cure =( but the regular warden heals 3x better then the cleric mercs so i guess it's a trade-off...with this merc doing almost no dps i had hoped it would have a nice "add-on" ability to make it better then the regular warden... can we get a merc mute option.... this merc and the nerco merc never shut up!!!!!