Next step for Class Feedback?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fendaria, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Fendaria Member

Thanks! This is helps a lot!

Fendaria
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Give everyone enough AAs and we are all one giant class anyway.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Nah that's Rift. ;) Unless there's some Healing tree I haven't found yet on my Ranger. ;)
    Kalderon and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  4. Chocmerc Member

I agree that when it does proc it is very useful, and occasionally has been useful for me as well, I just want it to mean more. When I hear mythical weapon, Im thinking of an item that has changed my class in a wonderful way, something that either covers the flaws of the class, or improves its strengths. Vel'Arek is just underwhelming imo, the only reliable features of it is that your immune to riposte. The damage reduction, though on a low proc rate, isnt really an issue because as long as your fighting, that damage reduction is being useful. It would be nicer if they improved the proc rate or made it into some sort of active spell.

As far as riposte immunity being useful, I do recognize how much damage it reduces in the long run, but I dont feel that should be the only reliable ability of our mythical, just seems like someone slapped it on there at the end. Ive always heard and known about the guardians being raid tanks, but I dont raid, nor could I find a raid that doesnt already have their requisite guardian. I just want to be on par with other tanks for heroic content, im not looking for guardians to be the top tank everywhere, that would just be silly, just want a little fairness to it so I dont feel so useless in heroics, in the past it has caused me to take a vacation from eq2 for long periods at a time.

As for the AE AA, yeah im workin on it, though its slow going :) ive been focussing on AE and flurry to improve dps to hold threat.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Guard myth is super weak and lame thanks to extensive guardian nerfs in TSO involving the myth epic weapon and warrior sta tree. The class was neutured as part 1 of aerilik's fighter revamp. Part 2 never came.

Cc immunity is useless and doesnt work anymore because of new stifle type abilities. Honestly I forgot guards were immune to riposte. Thats how much that matters. A riposte does the damage of an unmodified auto attack.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Now THAT Choc I can agree with. We seem to be of the same mindset that many parts of our Myth while nice are underwhelming. Heck I would love them to simply make the Guard Myth proc "immunity to CC" just all types. That would make it unique again on the proc... Perhaps on on-hit it "cures" the Guardian of detrimentals? I am spitballing here, the feedback thread was closed already for a reason.

Well, Choc/Six what would you change? I have been quite vocal about my thoughts on multiple threads. I am interested in what your ideas are.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Man, there are any number of ways they can boost guards... I have thousands of posts on the old boards where I pretty much have said what I have to say, and it all comes down to not enough defense vs offense compared to other tanks. It doesn't really matter how they accomplish this for the most part. I no longer have specific ideas like "do x to such-n-such ability" because there are an infinite number of things you can do across the class that will all ultimately end in more dps or more defense. Whether that's buffing the myth, changing an AA line, or just gluing 20%flurry/10k hp onto an existing buff.

Also, I do not believe guards are "the raid tank." To me, they have always been simply the most defensive tank. Naturally that puts them in a good spot to tank the hardest encounters in the game. Since tanking the hardest endgame content is a very hard position to get in (and other tanks can do it too), there needs to be more to the guard class other than "good choice for HM progression, otherwise don't bother"

That said, most tanks have it kinda bad as far as MT HM raids compared to guards, and many people would probably say guards are fine... or at least there are other classes that need to be looked at first.
  8. Salty21db Active Member

I found the class discussion hilarious as apparently most people on these forums lack reading comprehension or something.

It was stated specifically that these "improvements" were to be directed at making the classes more fun and interactive to play. I'd say over 80% of the posts in all those sections were about what buffs/nerfs needed to take place to each class, just as most of you are discussing here.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Not sure what you expected would make classes more fun to play than getting abilities fixed and balanced. More appearance slots? Being able to craft while in combat? Perhaps unreal tournament style wall dodging and boost jumping? Tanookie suit illusion???
    Terein likes this.
  10. Salty21db Active Member

Well that's simple. How about more interaction instead of just setting back and mashing a certain set of buttons at a select time? I offered my thought of bringing twisting back for bards for example.
  11. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Bards would def be more fun...

However, you failed the reading comp saltymuffin.
  12. Salty21db Active Member

"We're particularly interested in suggestions on how to make the classes more enjoyable, such as improving tedious abilities to be more user-friendly. Balance issues are always a concern, but numbers tend to spotlight those issues, while it's easy to overlook problems that simply make the classes less fun than they should be."

I TOOK DA ENGRISHES!!! You picked a sentence below the one I quoted and took it out of context. GJ, lmao.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

If you say so puddin, keep raging against the machine.
  14. Davngr Well-Known Member

top guilds have always farmed and farmed content. there's nothing wrong with giving the GU to class balance. if half the good stuff that was suggested makes it to test then i'll be happy.

the fact that it's going to test and devs seem willing to fine tune changes is just a cherry on top.
  15. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I think it's more like (Graphics!):
    Code:
            Casuals-|---20% of the player base doesn't know their class at all.
                    |---50% of the player base do not know their class as well as they should.

Mid-Tier Raiders-|---20% of the player base think they know their class but are misled in many regions.
                    |===8% of the player base think they know mostly everything about multiple classes but are misled in many regions.
    High-End Raiders-|---1.9% of the player base knows enough about their main toons to operate at 80%+ efficiency.
                    |---0.1%? Maybe 50 players total know enough about multiple classes to play any toon at 90%+ efficiency.
                        (I'm just throwing a number out there, I talk to maybe 10 on a daily basis, and know of maybe 20.)

Part of this is to blame on us 50 or so players that actually know the mechanics behind most if not all of the classes being too lazy or not caring enough to write class guides for people (I attempted a dirge one on flames, but really never got more than 25% through it, I think a warlock one was attempted too.).

I also only read through 40% or so of the class feedback threads but feel I can safely say most of it (90%+) is people spewing garbage when they have no idea what they're talking about.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Most "facts" are made up on the internet :) Me and him are also just ballparking numbers based on our experience in Raiding/Grouping. Well, at least I am.
    Wirewhisker and Sixgauge like this.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

What I wouldn't give for a Tanooki suit in EQ2. ;)
  18. Davngr Well-Known Member

lawl.. this game isn't complicated enough to warrant those figures.

some people are just dumb and even when you tell them something 30 times they never learn and you have to tell them every raid night or every time they decide to change something.

95% of the posters here think they know everything.
    4% actually know just about everything
    1% love to argue about just about anything and everything and really don't care what side they argue for..

(I'm a 1%'r)

edit.

and if i can make you doubt yourself for even a second when i know you're right, is the sweetest joy ever!
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

To those who enjoy debating, yes. That most certainly is fun and honestly a good thing. Rethinking your stance can even make a "right" decisions a better decisions in perhaps a new direction. Imo the worst thing for any evolving game is stagnation and some ideas have a lack of creativity. If you could 'fix' something with numbers it is better imo to try first and find a new way to do the same before just going for numerical changes.

Adding +100 to something is far more boring (player wise) than finding a new mechanic to address the problem. Issue is of course one is much, much easier to implement.
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

No, it's not a good thing. Did you ever read what he said? To make a person doubt him/her selves even the one who argues knows they are righ! It's messing with peeps minds.