Why no Downtime ANnouncement???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Guiscard, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Guiscard Active Member

The Servers are down but I see no downtime announcement posted in the forums? I don't do twitter or Facebook - could you have the coutesty to post announcement early and where ALL THE PEOPLE CAN READ THEM. This is inexcusable and a poor way to treat customers.
  2. Pakhet Member

Twitter and facebook feeds are now on the right side of the forums main selection page. But... there wasn't one there either. They posted patch notes, so I know they are patching, but no idea when they started or when they intend to be done. :(
  3. Cisteros Active Member

While Patch notes are not technically a downtime announcement, people really need to be able to put two and two together and come to the conclusion that a patch = downtime.

And who doesn't expect patches daily for at least the remainder of the week after an expansion launch. Just sayin'
  4. Guiscard Active Member

I still expect the courtesy of announcement. They used to be able to put them up. -- what happened - did they remove that duty form the job description as being too much work.???
  5. Geothe Active Member

I dont think there has been an expansion yet that hasn't had downtime the very next morning. Sheeesh
  6. Lamori Member

There was in game announcement and it said for more info regaurding the downtime to check the site. So Far No info and as usual my server is still down while others are up and running.
    Guiscard likes this.
  7. Guiscard Active Member

So now you have to be in-game at just the right time to get an announcement. SOE needs to start treating their customers with respect. WE ARE ENTITLED TO THE COURTESY OF A DOWNTIME NOTICE IN THE FORUM -- not some announcemtn in game only. They haven't even had the courtesy to tell us how long it is.

Please , SOE, stop treating the paying customers like dirt you can walk all over and they have to take it.
  8. Pakhet Member

Yes. But they typically (even SoE) announces how long the downtime will be expected to be. I was expecting a patch this morning, but they generally tell us "hey, servers will be back at around 10am your time, go clean the house) (hence why I am guessing around 15m more from normal patch times, maybe another 45m since it's expac bugginess).
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. Salavar Active Member

Exactly
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

11. Cisteros Active Member

It's not as if this is the first time Sony forgot to post an official announcement for downtime. Oddly they are not perfect. Yes they should strive for it. Maybe because I wasn't seemingly blindsided by it, I'm not as outraged about it as you are. Stuff happens /shrug
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

Oh come on. It's a standard 7am patch. 30-45 minutes usual, 1 hour tops. They've been doing these for 8 years.
    Looks like Everfrost and Freeport are :sadpanda this morning.
  13. Truian Member

14. Feldon Well-Known Member

Everfrost and Freeport are up.
  15. Merodos New Member

Well...you're entitled to your opinion. You're so lucky. :D

It's a day after a new expansion release so you know, they're going to be exhausted as it is. I'd be more worried about someone adding more bugs to the game if the people patching it were running on fumes. Let's just say that the servers went down at 7 AM PST, the downtime will be the "estimated" 3 hours that are usually announced, add 3 more if something goes horribly wrong and just say for the sake of argument that they'll be back up at 12 noon PST (maybe).

...Or just a 1 hour downtime if we're really lucky.
  16. Guiscard Active Member

That does not excuse the lack of an in-forum announcement. To fail to put up one is just plan RUDENESS.
  17. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

An expansion launch counts as an official announcment for random downtimes for at least a week.
  18. Geothe Active Member

Exactly.
    Its been like that for every expansion, and will continue to be like that.