XP Changes (5 man vs. 6)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mohee, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Mohee Active Member

The XP changes seem like a good thing so far. But there is one thing I noticed...and I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else out there.

You're group when you have anywhere between 2-5 members get the same amount of xp, regardless if you have 2, 3, 4, or 5 people in the group. Inviting a 6th person to the party kills the xp rate?

We tested this in a few zones. 2-5 people getting 5-6k xp per kill. Invite the 6th person and suddenly (on the same mobs) we were each getting 1 to 1.5k per kill.
  2. Miosin New Member

Yes, I have run into this as well. Filling the last spot in a group cuts xp down to about a third.
    I'm willing to bet this is a bug and not intentional.
  3. Mohee Active Member

So a GM just told me this is working as intended apparently. And told me to post my concerns on the forums. So I sent him a reply and also am posting here as well.

So 1 person kills a mob solo, gets 6k xp. A duo kills the same mob, still gets 6k xp each. Now you invite another friend for a trio. Everyone is still getting 6k xp. 4 people, still 6k xp. 5 people, yep, still 6k! Invite that 6th person for a full group, 1,200xp per kill...

This cannot be "working as intended" ....
  4. Pakhet Member

Had the same issue. Group of 5 - everyone gets 1071 + 4731 from bonuses. Group of 6 - everyone gets 396 + 1073 from bonuses. How on earth is that "working as intended"? We had to keep a group of 5 running all day for XP, because inviting a 6th just made it SOOOO slow that solo grinding in chelsith was more XP than grouping (even with the encounter bonus missing from chrono).
  5. Ridolain Active Member

No, it definately cannot be "working as intended!"

Normally I am not so concerned with exp gain as I enjoy the ride, but reading this is a bit worrisome. I hope it is a bug.
  6. Mohee Active Member

Well lets hope we can draw enough attention, I /bugged it, /feedback, petitions, and posted on forums. So hopefully they fix it ASAP so everyone can fill their groups and not leave anyone out :)

Lets encourage others to do the same. :D
  7. Pakhet Member

Would be nice. My guild kept going "but you only have 5 up there... how can you be full" so we had to keep explaining XP difference to them. Would have rather jumped another person each rotation, would have gotten more people to 95. :( Will ask the guild to /feedback it whenever I can get in.
  8. crazyeyes321 Active Member

The statement 'Working as intended' is hotkeyed for the first two hotbars. If a CSR/GM don't take the time to look/think about the question, its easy to see why the statement is used so frequently.

edit this is my cynical post for the day. I hope.
  9. Ssrilith Member

I certainly hope this is a bug, otherwise why would they do that? You run a full group you lose exp? But one less you dont, thats just silly.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm sure its a bug, nothing about the previous xp change announcements mentioned a full group negating anything
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

If anything a full group should get a small bonus 5% no more than 10%, but some small perk to encourage and reward people to fill the last slot. The hate list thing is bad, a temp buff needs to be put on you when you get on the hate list of any NPC that lasts for 30 seconds or so and that would fix issues like I had a few time in contested Kael when I would be stunned for the duration of the fight. If all players in the group have the temp buff active then award the small extra bonus to prevent abuse of the mechanic.
  12. Lyndro Active Member

This sounds like a bug, we'll take a look at it.
  13. Mohee Active Member

Thanks a ton Lyndro.

I also thought it was kind of weird how one of the responses I got from a GM was "intended". lol
  14. Terrogaunt Developer

Fix should be incoming :)
  15. Ladymist Well-Known Member

<3 Thank you!
    I felt very bad having to turn folks down because of the bug, but once we explained why they understood