Illusionist DPS help

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Twofeets, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Twofeets Active Member

Hey guys, Im looking for some advice for DPS on my illy. I raided and did quite well parse wise through DoV 1, but havent played much since. Right now Im parsing 130-200k most fights, wearing a mix of fabled and legendary gear, but Ive seen a few friends (granted, they are full fabled) parsing 300-500k+ on the same fights.

(I know the basics, like using prismatic chaos, theorems, etc, looking for possible changes, AA's, prestige advice, etc).
  2. Virtual New Member

Why not ask your guildys :-0
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Maybe his guildys don't know the full in's and out's of the class? I cannot offer advice because even without "knowing your stuff" My illy only does 80-120K with DoV 1/SS gear she is horridly undergeared. Maybe try to find your guilds top 5 if you can (EQ2Flames would have the rankings) but warning that site has some nasty customers there. If you can do so, ask their Illusionist perhaps he/she would be a better help. Unless one responds here; wish I could offer more.
  4. Lenolian Active Member

And do not forget that parsing is highly dependant of group setup, not only to class but to players and of the number of buffs you actually receive. It can vary from simple to triple without any change to your playstyle.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Posts like this make me feel old. Anyone remember when 2K was considered a decent parse? (Around the time of Kingdom of Sky.)
    Kalderon likes this.
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Yeah i do, but those long ago, today we´re in the age of high numbers. (Which are not higher, just the mobs got more hp ^^)
  7. Ilyriel-Jentara Active Member

AA's and prestige advice? Just look at various raiding illys AA's. They're pretty much similar in many aspects.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Sadly yes. Back when a tank would be considered alright for dong 500-900 dps. Oh how numbers have massively inflated. I joined in RoK and began current tanking in SF... 5K was considered "ok" for a Guardian back then... now I do 300K in a group.
  9. Wigg Member

lol. you guys are REALLY making me feel old. I have a parse from 2005... You don't even want to know.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I haven't been playing quite that long. I was still playing EQ when EQ2 came out, then I took a bit of a break from MMOs when my son was born in 2005. Started playing again in April 2006 with EQ2. Been playing since.
  11. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Here a link for new updated casting order http://www.eq2flames.com/illusionists/95339-updated-casting-order.html
    Take a look, it will help you. Plus remember you have to time TW right depends on your group set up. For example with conjuror's ET or brigand's dispatch, troubs w/e concerto... forgot exact name...

Another trick. Specc for EV and if there is no decent scout in your group put in on yourself. AoI as well... though some mages might ask you for EV if they know what it is :) and always keep your pet (reflection) up. Gives you more dps. Also wherever possible put int adorns and crit bonus.