Point-of-need interface?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrral, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Jrral Active Member

I know there are items in the UI (in the revive window and the knowledge book) for point-of-need purchases. Does anyone know if those are actually completely implemented and active, or are the UI artifacts inactive? I'm doing maintenance on ProfitUI, and while I've updated the revive window the SC revive button doesn't appear when it should (the UI builder shows it in the right place).

It doesn't appear there's a forum for UI issues anymore.
  2. Kokorobosoi Active Member

I can't find a UI issue forum either, had a UI specific issue last night. Every time I click a crafting station, the game force closes. But the first time it happened game said my UI wasn't compatible. Now it doesn't say anything, just closes. Very frustrating.
  3. Jrral Active Member

I do know about that crash issue. It's the tradeskill window. It underwent some pretty drastic changes, and the game client manipulates it directly to do things like switching panes as you select recipes and begin creation. If you're using a custom UI that modifies the crafting/recipe window and it hasn't been updated, you get either a "the window is not compatible" message (if you open the recipe book yourself) or a client crash (if it's opened by the game client, eg. you click on a crafting station). Either delete the eq2ui_tradeskills.xml file from your custom UI folder to revert to the default UI's window, or check for CoE updates for the UI you're using.

I suspect what's happening is that the game client's going in to make changes to specific UI elements when it opens or modifies the window, and it's just assuming the window follows the structure of the default UI and not checking whether the UI elements actually exist. Zany hijinks ensue.
  4. Kokorobosoi Active Member

Ah i see. Tyvm for the advice.