Unable to get quest - Epic Repercussions/Fiery Jewel of the Underfoot

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Fayryl, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Fayryl New Member

Hi all,

Hope someone has an idea about this.....please!! I have no idea why I cannot pick up the Fiery Jewel of the Underfoot quest to be able to go onto my Epic Repercussions.

I did my Epic Weapon (fabled) a few months ago (The Dream Scorcher).

Since then, I think that I have sold my epic weapon (most likely) or it has just disappeared off the face of the earth since I cannot find it anywhere. I've searched all bags, house, appearance items etc. Most likely I've sold it (however, can't buy it back). Yes, I'm a fool!!

I'm now trying to pick up the "Fiery Jewel of the Underfoot" quest so that I can do "Epic Repercussions". However, Kinloch Skry'mir (Tenebreous Tangle) won't talk to me, now will Researcher Sel'Quar in the Shrine of Thunder in Lavastorm. I clearly have the quest "The Dream Scorcher" completed in my quest journal and Wiki says that the requirements are "You need to have finished either your fabled or mythical epic weapon quest." - not that I need to have the Epic in my bags. But my hubby has his Epic Weapon in his bag, and no problem with picking up the quest.

I did have the Dream Scorcher II (Mythical) in my quest journal, but I've deleted that in an attempt to get this to work. Maybe that is what is affecting it.

I have heard that Jawhara Izzah on Nek Forest docks will sell you your Epic Weapon, but when I hail her she has nothing to buy and won't talk to me.

Did anyone else have this problem or have any idea how I can progress!

Thanks.
  2. Rael Member

Is she not showing anything for sale at all? If I remember right she should be showing some other stuff anyway so that could be that there is a bug.

Double check by using the search feature in your character window (you may have done this already sorry if you have) where the general bar is to auto drop to bags to the right of if is a magnifying glass, click it and search the item - searches through all bags, bank and house.

Also (again I apologize if this is stupid and obvious) double check it is the shady swashbuckler you are talking to, I think there is someone next to them that sells stuff but has nothing to sell, I spent a long time hailing them by accident before I realized why they had nothing :)

Hope you get it
  3. Gideon Member

you need to have at least your fabled weapon in hand and talk to the npc in TT before you can get any of the er quests. the npc in TT starts the line with a simple click through conversation.

do a invintory search for the fabled weapon, if you dont have it you should be able to go to shady on nek docks and buy it.
  4. Fayryl New Member

Thanks for the responses - I already checked for all the stupid and obvious stuff (since I'm sure that I could have done them) so absolutely no offense taken.

I've searched the bank/bags etc using the search feature and a number of search terms.

I've also checked both shady swashbucklers.....one of them sells nothing, and the other one doesn't have the Dream Scorcher to sell. I've gone through it item by item and checked that there isn't any filter on.

I have spoken to the guy in TT, but he won't talk to me. I've also checked the lady in Lavastorm in case I'd already spoken to TT guy, but she won't talk to me either.

I have checked that I have completed the quest to get my Fabled Weapon....so really there shouldn't be any problem getting the quest.

I'm guessing the issue is either that I don't have my Fabled weapon on me, or that I did have the Dream Scorcher II quest and that is affecting my ability to pick up the Fiery Jewel of the Underfoot.
  5. Koleg Active Member

Having your Mythical has never gotten in the way of starting the ER quest line in the past... You just can't finish it after ER is done.
  6. Gideon Member

you have to have the weapon on your toon when you talk to the guy in tt or he wont go through the dialog.
    if you did finish the fabled quest, and don't have the weapon anymore you may have sold it to a merchant or deleted it by accident.
    i would /petition and see if a gm can get it back for you.
    i know you said you checked every where, does that include your toons house? it may be in the house vault witch don't shop up on the search function as far as i know.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

I hope you find a solution to this. Jawrahar Izzah is supposed to have epics & the epic house items for sale but I"ve yet to see it on any of my character =(. Luckily I'm not in the same boat as you atm, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who might be.

And just FYI, house vault will show up on a /finditem search
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

/finditem searches all bags/boxes on character/bank/shared bank and house vault

/finditem eye for example will find all items that have the letters eye in them.
  9. Lera Well-Known Member

You can, but you don't get your name on the screen. I got my shadowknight mythical long after I did ER as a paladin, and it worked just fine.

To the OP: The Shady Swashbuckler might not sell fableds - only mythicals. I'd /petition this if you don't find it hiding somewhere, and if that doesn't work, you might just go ahead and do your mythical quest. At 95 with CoE gear, all the raids are easily done with one group.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Another obvious thing to check (apologies if you already did this) is that you already talked to the NPC in TT and all you need to do is go to Lavastorm for the start of the quest?

I'm thinking when you did your fable maybe (hopefully) you went up to TT and spoke to npc then never followed up with the rest? Worth a shot. Hope you get this resolved.
  11. Fayryl New Member

Thank you to everyone for your replies.

As suggested, I sent in a petition and lovely GM Audleigh fixed the issue for me overnight. The issue was that I no longer had my Fabled (didn't say whether I was very naughty and had sold it or not) but supplied it to me, and then the guy in TT would give me the quest.

I've progressed part way through Epic Repercussions now and going well.

Thank you again for your ideas. I'll make sure that I update the Wiki site to say that you need to have your weapon on you to be able to pick up the quest.
    Finora and Rael like this.
  12. Gneaux Active Member

Also, check inside your house (houses) in case you turned your mythical into a house item. using the /finditem command does not work for searching your actual in game house if you placed it in there.