how much is krono worth?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by healer, Jan 17, 2013.

1. healer Member

(insert title here)
  2. Lempo Well-Known Member

If you mean in plat...
    It is worth as much as you can get for it.
    It gives you one month of subscription time.
  3. Akechi New Member

check your broker...

on valor its ~1,2k plat
  4. healer Member

wow on splitpaw its 808 plat lowest price on broker
  5. Le Clown Active Member

~tree fiddy
  6. Grumble69 Member

On CB, it sells pretty well in the 650-750 range. Occasionally I can buy for 600. When it gets up to 800, it tends to sit on the broker for a while.
  7. Jimbolini Member

Butcherblock sells 600 all day long.... 500 on some days
    Wigg likes this.
  8. Sclerotia Member

On unrest is sells for between 750 and 800 plat.
  9. Lizabethan Active Member

Recently on AB I've gotten two or three in a row at 600p when bought directly from the seller's home; today, however, the cheapest is 715p (650p when bought from their home).
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

900-1600p on Guk... major inflation over there.
  11. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Major inflation? Hardly. What you're seeing on Guk is nothing more than supply and demand. When more people want to buy an item, than there is units (Krono) being sold, guess what happens to the price?

There is no hard-coded mechanic that forces every server to have an equal ratio of Buyers vs Sellers. It is evident that Guk is either high on buyers, or low on sellers.

You really need to stop complaining about this. We get it already... There are people on Guk who have more plat than you, and they are willing to spend more plat than you to purchase Krono. You are not entitled to get a Plat to Krono conversion rate that suits your personal perception. Just pay real cash for a gold sub and move on.
    Maxxen and Guiscard like this.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Let's not get started on this again. It inflated rapidly from the original price which seems par for other servers in a time frame of about 1-2 weeks.

You and I already had a fair bit of back and forth about it, my phrasing is my own. I happen to farm and buy my own, do I think it's a pain in my behind to have to farm almost twice that of other servers? Sure, who wouldn't be annoyed at paying 200% of what someone else can pay. I partially think you only quoted me to even get this response so congratulations, we have differing opinions of what Krono should cost versus player demand.

People with charge what people will pay, my perceptions are my own and I don't know why you seem so agitated by my view on that subject. I am not starting up 4 or so threads calling for a "Krono fix" or some crooked stuff like that. Nor am I spamming threads; I have stated my opinion twice, no more than that. I think 1600p is too much... so I wait for them to come down in price as they tend to do. No skin off my back but by comparison 900-1600p is high compared to other servers.

I merely stated that I personally think it is high compared to other servers... so what? Guk is Guk, splitpaw is splitpaw and Oasis well... I have my own views about some of that servers guilds at least one of them.

I have said my piece, my perception and that I am fine with the prices as whatever players will charge. Now do me the favor of also accepting that I have differing views from yours and that I am not on some stupid crusade to "fix" Krono when they are not broken in the first place because I am not some entitlement grubbing player.
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

What is easily established from your posts (including other threads), is that when Krono was new, and the feeling-out process was occuring, you liked the prices on Guk. But when the dust settled, and the true value of Krono was established on Guk, it did not fall into a price bracket you deem ideal.

You play on a server that has high demand for a product with limited supply. What you're seeing with Krono, is no different to the value of Fragments, Powders, Infusions, Manas, M1's and equipment. The prices vary server to server, and it is always based on supply vs demand.

You should have said "900-1600p on Guk... High demand on this server".
    Guiscard likes this.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Oh, I am deeply sorry you felt that my personal view is that it was an inflated price compared to other servers was incorrect. Excuse me... the price of Krono is just higher on Guk... there ya happy?

An inflated price is conditional as to the buyers view of what the price should be. Other servers claimed 400-600p and by comparison 900-1600p is inflated. Yes, it is supply and demand and yes it is high on Guk, I still wait for them to drop as they always do because many do not pay 1200+ for one so it isn't like I really have an issue. Free game time to me.
  15. Guiscard Active Member

You can always transfer to a server where it is cheaper - no one is stoppinf you:D
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

My budgeting is actually, I have no desire to pay for 2 Transfer tokens just to stay in my guild AND buy a Krono. That would cost more than paying for Gold normally. Though thanks for the suggestions lol that is a viable option to those who are able to.
  17. Avirodar Well-Known Member

So, you think you have to transfer your raiding main to another server, then transfer it back, to buy a Krono? /sigh

At this point, it looks like a recurring gold sub is your best bet. It is what I use, and it serves me well.
  18. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Totally depends on the server.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Well, I am done here. There is no point in further arguing points that have no meaning. Whilst I find Avirodar's actions extremely annoying to me... he is entitled to his opinions and I can respect that. I just hope he can do the same.
  20. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Um, did you two ever consider that you might both be right?

Law of Demand says the situation works like Avoidar says, with server differences being down to population preferences.
    Quantity Theory of Money says the situation works like Estred says, with server differences being down to how much plat exists on each server.

Guess what- these two work on concert and reinforce each other. The only way to disambiguate the two is with research or experimentation.

Experimentation would be way more fun, but the dev's would have to do it. Give the Krono a 50% increase in the game time it is worth, and track the increase in price. Then take that away and give the server a 50% increase in the currency that exists, and track the increase in price. Whichever one yields a greater proportional increase is the major actor on that server.

Research would be a lot harder. You'd have to count up the number of people on server A and server B who buy Kronos to see where the demand market is larger, and you'd have to count up the sellers (and the quantity) of Kronos on each server to get a hint at the supply sides. Compare that with taking a survey and trying to ascertain just how much plat exists on each server, since you have to do both of these things to figure it out.

So.... no more arguing until you're willing to actually do the work. (lol)
    Only_a_total_idiot likes this.