A Four-Day Weekend Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

Enjoy 25% off throughout the Marketplace this weekend! Pick up the mount, prestige house, or armor crate of your dreams! The 25% off discount is available on Appearance Items, Bags, Dungeon Maker, Housing, Mounts, Player Studio, and Play for Prizes. The sale will last from 10:00 am PST* on Friday, January 18th through 11:59 pm PST* on Monday, January 21st.

*Convert to Local Time

(25% discount does not apply to the following categories: Consumables, Expansions, Legends of Norrath, Membership, and Services. Select items in the “New” category may be included).
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

If character slots had been included in this, I'd have been all over them... I will probably still shop, anyway *blush*
  3. Lempo Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the services were included a little more often, character slots are a digital commodity just like the other items, and it isn't like the expansions and subs. They have been included before so maybe they will be again sometime but it has only been recently that they have began specifically stating they are excluded.
    So can you tell us whether or not we should expect to see the services in sales again or is that not going to happen anymore?
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Meh, 25%?

Not as good as 50%.

I'll wait :)
    Absyntheea likes this.
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

Those new Soft Velvet Curtains? Yup, they're included in this sale. :) Pick some up for your house(s) at 25% off!
  6. Moldylocks Member

But it's a ton better than 0%.
    Having 1/4 off the price is an appealing special for an entire long weekend.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Curtains are nice, but what about character slots? :-/

Uwk
  8. Gosh Member

And what about additional character slots per account, when you are already at the max? ;)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you buy additional character slots, it doesn't matter if you're at the max. Ostensibly, we only have 7 character slots total, and I have 9 characters on each server I'm on. ;->

Uwk
  10. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

You can have as many character slots as you pay for.. I don't think there is a max. I currently have 12 on my account, and my bf has 16.
  11. Feylone Active Member

I have 22 on my account and I think the wife has 18ish. So not sure what the max is, or if there even is one.
  12. Karrane Well-Known Member

I have tried 3 times now to send a Gift of a HalfPint home to a friend on another server. It is getting hung up on "Please wait while your request is being processed". It just sits there doing nothing.. left the processing window up for over 5 min and nothing.

Any suggestions ? =)
    Thx, Karr
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

If the server is a different realm, it won't work. If you're on a EU English, you can't gift to say US English, Test, etc. It has to be the same "Realm".

If that is not the issue, it might be a misspelling of the server, name or recipient's box is full?
  14. Karrane Well-Known Member

8( nope Kuulei.. We are both on US English. I spelled it right hehe at least once out of the 12 times I have tried to sent it so far. Mailbox is not full.. They have a recurring acct like I do.

I thought it might be because of the sale but I dont see anyone else having an issue.

I dunno.. I am stumped 8(
  15. Raienya Member

And yet again, another item for sale on SC that should be player made.

If you want this game to EVER be as great as it once was, limit the SC store to mounts, homes, plushies/pets, and services. Give the appearance gear/jewelry, weapons, and furniture to the PLAYERS to craft. Then pull some of the people from making SC fluff to fix the multiple bugs and gear itemization problems.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

LOLWUT?

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g500&menustr=115000000000
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One set of player-made curtains, yeah, but Raienya has a very valid point, especially with the gear itemization. :-/

I for one would love more recipes in the books; too many have like half a dozen or less, and it's frustrating to see important stuff falling by the wayside. :-/

Uwk
  18. Raienya Member

Sorry Feldon, I guess you weren't aware of the problem with Mastercrafted and Handcrafted gear itemization that has been ongoing (and ignored) since about August of 2011. That is almost a year and a half, btw. Nine pages and hundreds of /bug reports done, painstakingly listing every problem so the devs don't have to look it up themselves. Link to archived forum post:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2old/posts/list.m?topic_id=505729

Since Domino's departure, tradeskilling has been put into a box and shoved into the developer basement. Many, many people fought for the changes I mentioned in my earlier post. Unfortunately, we no longer have a tradeskill developer. The dev (Omougi) who got it thrown onto his plate is also responsible for PVP/Battlegrounds, so he does not have adequate time to really do anything for the tradeskill community.

COE has no tradeskill questline, no tradeskill specific quest (solstice earring, prayer shawl), and is only now getting tradeskill writs post 92, well after the fact that most tradeskillers are now level capped and don't need them. Good for alts, I suppose.

Tradeskillers are a good portion of the player base. Not nearly the numbers that raid, but we exist, and are tired of being ignored. Smokejumper himself said they were working on giving the SC recipes to players some months ago, but has that happened? Or have they given us any timetable as to when?
  19. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Raienya. TS content in the last expansion was a bit skimpy. I don't personally mind a set of curtains showing up on the marketplace.. but why did we get only 1 set in our recipe books? The 90-92 books brought us a TON of different combinations of those vase/crate things.. why couldn't we have had a bunch of curtains?

(I only speak as a carpenter, because that's my main tradeskiller)
    Cyliena likes this.
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm aware of how little Tradeskill content players have gotten since Domino left, and the failure to resolve itemization on Mastercrafted and Handcrafted gear. Yes, CoE added some nice new features to crafting, but it sure isn't what it was in the past.

I was specifically commenting on the open-and-close curtains which can be crafted OR bought with StationCash.
    Finora likes this.