Bag Sorting

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Terrogaunt, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Terrogaunt Developer

Pretty much. That was happening to me when I first started working on the bag sorting stuff and everything that poofed did come back. I'd wait on it (or test it with copied characters so it doesn't matter as much)

Yeah, it looks like it's more related to running out of room in a bag and having the item placed into overflow. I'm getting close to the problem!
  2. Lamatu Active Member

While were talking about bag management I would like to ask if a value of 1 copper could be added to the mudslides, totem of quickness and food item that comes from the solo zones mystery crate as that change would solve my bag issues on my toons.

I also agree sorting by type in bags and being able to empty one bag into another and the ability to destroy all items in a bag with one click would be useful.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

epp, I wish I'd come here before playing with the sort function.

2 full bags & 2 partial 44 slot bags went missing. Of all that, only 34 items appeared back in overflow. A server restart should
    fix it you say?

*** I found some of my missing items in my bank, which was strange, I thought this was only to sort our personal inventory. However, quite a bit is still missing***
  4. Vagar Member

Whoah, that brings back memories of early days of crafting in EQ1 and using Tailoring Kits for storage "bags" because they held more than other bags and didn't weigh as much. Boy, was I terrified of one day hitting the "Combine" button by accident!
    Deveryn likes this.
  5. Terrogaunt Developer

Okay, I just checked in a fix. I believe the problem was that I was grabbing more than just your primary bags, since that seemed to stop the poofed items on my end. Fix should show up tomorrow, if we patch it in
  6. Vagar Member

Will there be a Filter Type for "Merchant Trash" items that are only good for selling to merchants?
  7. Vagar Member

How about Filter Types for Fertilizers and Status items (e.g. Xegonite Relic). I also didn't see a checkbox for Legends and Lore items. All of those things are always getting lost in my bags.

And can the actual Bag Options window be resizable? I'd love to be able to increase the height of it to be able to see the entire list of filters without having to scroll.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Will the check boxes just be for sorting? Or will items we loot go into bags based on the checked options on bags?
  9. Eshaac Active Member

Guessing this did not make it with the live patch update today?

Eshaac
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I remember those days. I really hope they don't put in a feature like destroy items in bag. The potential for disaster is too great.
  11. Terrogaunt Developer

The fix is going to test, not Live. I've still got bugs to iron out :p
  12. Eshaac Active Member

Lol.. Well I was meaning they did not update Testserver at the same time.. :p

Eshaac
  13. Karnoz Active Member

Are there "collectibles" and "quest items" filter options? Highly desired, those.
  14. Lempo Well-Known Member

Then they need to put a min value of 1c on anything and everything in the game. My bags are always filled with DM tripe that I have to individually click.

The potential for disaster being to great is not a good reason to not provide a feature. You can't live a completely sheltered life and some people simply can't be protected from themselves.

I vote yes for a destroy all, or at a minimum a sell all contents to a merchant which has a buyback tab already in place.
  15. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Well I found my missing stuff in my bank. Is it supposed to shunt stuff there?
  16. Eshaac Active Member

Ok, still having stuff thrown into me overflow.. ie... Veteran revival, Vision of the Thullosian and some harvestable stuff.. Rivervale mudslide, some green adornments.. a few other odds and ends.. should have gone into the bagged sorted with misc marked if nothing else..

Eshaac
  17. Lempo Well-Known Member

There are some cool sounding option you have going on here.
    I'm not sure if I fully understand all of them.
    As to the option for an equipment bag what would it be possible to have a bag that has a filter for attuned items?
    Currently when you get a new piece of gear and double click it to equip whatever it replaces goes into that slot, macros to equip items work ok in most cases but if you equip a 2 hander then the item that is in your second hand goes into the first available slot while the first goes into the slot the 2 hander was in.
    Would be nice to have a bag tagged as equipment that things go into that will be transmuted or given to alts but the functionality of having an equipment bag that actually holds the equipment you use would be sweet.

The ATTUNED flag should provide this functionality.
    Terrogaunt likes this.
  18. Terrogaunt Developer

Yep yep, that's what the fix addresses. I was accidentally pulling all of the bags that were in bag slots (including house vault, bank, etc) instead of just the ones from the primary inventory. That shouldn't happen anymore.
  19. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Some clarification please on how this is SUPPOSED to work?
    /sort_bags name appears to try to rearrange the contents of each bag in alpha order. but fails to do it properly. Have a W followed by an a followed by a T. Sorting doesn't appear to shuffle the array of the bag contents, it leaves empty spots in the bag empty.
  20. Terrogaunt Developer

The sorting goes against item types... Example: say you have 5 pieces of equipment and 5 collectibles. The 5 equipment are going to be sorted alphabetically and placed in the bag and then the collectibles will be sorted alphabetically and placed in the bag. They are sorted within their matching groupings.