Bag Sorting

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Terrogaunt, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Terrogaunt Developer

Okay, ladies and gentlemen! I've got some code popping up on Test soon that will enable you to sort the contents of your bags.

The basics:
    • To use: /sort_bags followed by either "name" or "level"
    • To designate sorting options, open the Bag Options window for each respective bag

Please get me some good feedback on this! If there are any sorting options that you feel we need, be sure to reply to this thread.

This feature is a WIP, but I'm hoping to iron out the wrinkles with your feedback. A button on the character window will be coming soon.

-Terrogaunt
    knightritalin, Neiloch and Finora like this.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Definitely going to want something that sorts by 'type', think the 'Item Type' field on the broker search.
    Xenra likes this.
  3. Avianna Well-Known Member

a clicky to designate this bag for harvests, this bag for gear, this bag for quest items clickies etc. That would be pretty handy.

Thanks,
    ~Avianna

P.S. Still waiting for my Fuel Supply Depot for my home. Thanks
  4. Terrogaunt Developer

That's what the options within the Bag Options window are for :p
    [IMG]
    Xenra, Elostirion, Caela and 4 others like this.
  5. Avianna Well-Known Member

Love it. Looks awesome! What is the Skip Bag and All items clickies?
  6. Terrogaunt Developer

Skip Bag makes it so the items within that bag are not sorted and they don't take in items until the second item placement phase. (First phase, find bags that want particular items. Second phase, place the remaining items in the first available slots)

All Items just checks all of the options within the option array as checked so the bag takes any item type.
  7. Enric_of_Neriak Member

Looking forward to checking this out.
  8. Avianna Well-Known Member

perfect, looks great. Now about that depot????? lol
  9. decator666 Member

This is awesome!

One suggestion: How about the ability to turn off certain bags from opening when pressing 'B'...really clutters up the screen and would be nice when crafting to just have the relevant bag things are going into to be opened...

Thanks for doing this for us!
  10. Vagar Member

This is awesome Terrogaunt!

One thing I can think of to add would be to have the option to have a customizable icon for the bag when it's on your character equipment sheet. If that's not doable, then maybe have some kind of symbol on the icon that indicates that a Bag's options have been changed from the default.

Also, would this work in the Shared Bank? I would love to be able to have one spot to drop all my items when I'm at the bank and have it auto-sort into the correct pre-configured boxes in the shared bank.
  11. anaugi Member

Is there any chance on this round that item stacking can be addressed? Such a pain to have certain items stack to 100, others to 20, some others to 10 others to 5. I have one bag with 20 slots of 5 stacks totem of quickness. Why can't I just have them stack into 1 stack of 100? :( It would make bag efficiency soooo much better and easier to sort.

I guess I get the handcrafted stuff having someones name attached to it.. but that shouldn't be a barrier to stacking. I'm sure there are clever implementations if that really is a preventative point.

Overclocked manastones, Tinkered FD items, certain totems, etc etc.. /sad face.

An.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Make sure you patch that to Beta as well, as that's where I tend to 'test' things!
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this to get patched to test for us to play with.
  14. Terrogaunt Developer

Currently, no. I can look into something like that down the line, though!

That max item stack size is from the designer data on the item, so it's intended to not go to 100. (Our max stack size generally 200 on the high end, so it's most likely by design if it doesn't go that high.) You're more than welcome to always feedback any items that you feel need their stack sizes adjusted though!
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Please add an option when you drag one bag over another that you can 'pour' the contents of it in the other. Save my carpal tunnels! Terrorgaunt your our only hope!
    Emms likes this.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Terrogaunt, you're close to reaching the place of "best dev ever" in my mind ;p

I wanted to support the idea of asking a sort by type (as in broker type).
    Somebody just asked in hubby's guild chat a sort by "tier" (treasured, legendary, fabled and such) which would allow to spot, for example, the mara TS gear in your bag (treasured) and separate it from the legendary gear you're wearing.

Can we check several "bag types" in the bag options? (aka, I would like potions, poisons, foods and charms to go in bag 1, armor in jewelry in bag 2 and so on)
  17. Blambil Active Member

Love the idea, can't wait!
  18. Avianna Well-Known Member

Both great ideas^^^^^
  19. Terrogaunt Developer

Okay, just for the sake of clarification, I'm going to refer to the level/name as sorting types and the Armor/Poison/etc as filtering types.

I'm looking for more filtering types once you guys get to see which ones I've included already. I don't currently have an adornment one, so that's one that I already need to add.

As far as sorting types, I've been throwing around the idea of adding more types of sorting, but it needs to be some level of generic since every item type is going to get sorted by it. Tier might be doable
  20. Avianna Well-Known Member

Thank You Terrogaunt, for your involvement and your speedy responses to questions, it really makes a world of difference and it is appreciated and noticed.