[Wish List] Prestige Homes

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Can I have a house that looks like the t2 guild halls please, so I don't have to have personal halls just for a house with special designs?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sheene Member

here are many possibilities for wonderful housing but what about the places where standard houses already exist? I have the Mistmore home and the Lavastorm home and I'd love a couple of the others and I am quite prepared to pay US dollars to get them but I'm a Faye and I've lived in Faydark forever. I can't just up and leave even though the 6 room house there with its round walls is a nightmare to decorate. So what I want is a better house in Faydark which will always be the home of the Faye. Give it a 'prestige' sticker that gives portals and this would allow me real interconnectivity between all my homes rather than having to go through my guild hall thereby zoning twice.

Give every current city a dream mansion. The house I most like to be in is the hallas house. Some of the prestige homes are quite stunning but they are zones I've died in and they lack that sense of 'home and warmth". Decorating it isn't easy and I wish it came in lighter woods so that decorations would stand out more and therein lies the difference with the "Prestige Hallas palace".

The original housing in Dark Woods came with timber tinting with different woods. Roll that back out in every wooden home in Norath. Give us paint, dyes, and patterned textures for wood, stone and metal surfaces.

The moving crates... Boy... utilise them. I've just bought a new house. I've decided to send certain items from my Faydark house to my new home. So I go around my Faydark home examining one item after another packing what I want to move into a packing crate to send to my new home but currently there is no way to do that... Was this a mistake? Was I supposed to go backwards and forwards with hundreds of books, ornaments, furnishings and utilities in may bags with my raid gear and quest items and harvestables? Can we please have real moving crates?

Finally, I see the day when we will be able to build our own homes. It will begin with something simple like the ability to buy your own land, a magnificent vista which will be the home's zone. On this land will be a stone quarry, other raw resources and the crafting tables to make all the intermediate building materials. Jewelers for glass, woodworkers for cut timber and so on. Or you can buy the stupidly expensive nails and bolts from opportunistic players on the broker :)-)). Perhaps friends and guildies can get their homes built by helping you to build yours.

The possible homes and the number and type of rooms you can have will be will be determined by the housing plan which will be a predetermined house with room choices made at each stage of the building. The costs will involve the plan, the permits you pay for, and the resources you will need which will come from harvesting, tradeskilling questing and adventuring. The end product will be a more sophisticated twist on the ship we built for the Far Seas Trading quest - but this ship will result in a home. I see this as an inevitable progression from where we are.

Other games are doing it and I expect Everquest, as usual, to make theirs the best.
  3. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

Clubhouse for very small guilds Please??? for those who cant afford or low on status, or part timers.
  4. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I would also love this tree from DLW :) And what Afista said !
  5. Stormii New Member

Harrows End- to include the watery tunnels, the entrance with those awesome stairs and a few side rooms. The whole zone as a guild hall would be awesome to.

Unrest- THE WHOLE ZONE.

DLW tree house- with a yard so you can atually go outside.

The new town in Obol plains. section off from the fence and give the whole town, with or without buidlings but the buidlings would be cool
  6. Orpiment Member

I want some "houses" that look like the Grottos.

Why do we have to waste precious item count to attempt to turn a house into a cave? I want the TT island only in cave form.
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

Sheene, that's sweet! I should have been a game programmer/designer. Now that would rock the decorating/crafting world!

Kindest Regards ~Feara
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

Agree!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  9. Aabari Active Member

The 2 tradeskill zones that used to be in the neighborhoods of Qeynos & Freeport
  10. Orpiment Member

I'd like to add the Hall of the Ebon Mask to my list of wants.... but make it a house in a cave ... cause I want that little bit of front yard cave area to play with too.
    Geroblue, Kurisutaru, Feara and 2 others like this.
  11. Kisy Active Member

I want:
    1. the Panda Area in Sundered Frontier first... close off the cave, but give me the tiger water fall, the open area to build and the lake.
    2. Village of Shin
    3. Twin Tears in SS, with the water and the center flat to build a home on.
    4. Harrow's End.... with Water tubes included.. the floating floors included....That zone is just beautiful.
    5. I agree the Tree in Darklight Woods would be a wonderful place ( with a larger interior ) to decorate.
  12. Bruce The Original Member

My wish lists:

A 'warehouse' home - huge item count (2k or more) that is not publishable, so that you have a place to store house deco items you are not using. With holidays and such, a lot of items accumulate, and bank space can run out quickly. An added plus would be if you could transfer an item in a similar method to the moving crate without having to actually enter the warehouse. If not that, a method of getting to a warehouse space through the housing menu without having to lay down a prestige portal.

I'd love to see the larger houses of all the major cities become 'Magical Manors' like the LoN cards. I already have the Legends home in both Freeport and Qeynos, plus the New Halas home and the Gorowyn home. Would be great if some LoN cards or other options become available to get the big Kelethin home, the big Neriak home, and even a large Maj'Dul residence through this method.

I'll also opt in for the DLW tree with the yard.

My big wish is that any future houses have windows. Not the craftable items, actual windows. It is amazing how much they open up a space with legitimate views of the outer world.
    Geroblue, Kurisutaru, Feara and 3 others like this.
  13. ShyMidnight Active Member

I'd like a smallish SnowQueen/Neuschwanstein type castle, Classical White castle with pretty turrets in a sunlit forest setting (blue skies and fluffy white clouds), with the interior a bit like Versailles: Gold, Pale Marble, Mirrors, painted ceilings, sweeping pale blue velvet curtains and tall floor-to-ceiling windows that let in lots of light. The house could have wallspace between windows for the hanging of tapestries, and a pretty maiden and wolves scenic painting on the ballroom ceiling. It would be fun to get a series of gold-framed majestic-wolves/maidens/swans-in-green-forest paintings and tapestries, gold and pale blue velvet furniture, white marble swan statues, white marble swan fountain, possibly swan plushies to swim outside in the castle pond. A formal castle garden would also be nice (symetrical design with quaint pathways and flowerbeds) etc. Not sure if any of this can be meshed into Everquest 2 lore, but it sure would be fun!

Also would like a cute little cobblestone country cottage; in the style of those Thomas Kincaid cottages, maybe with a thatch roof, not too big, either in a cute snowy setting or with a little country garden with climbing roses.

I liked the new prestige home Galleon of Dreams, though I'm not so keen on the wood finish. If that ship could be done up in an alternate finish - more refined, less rustic, perhaps in ebony or mahogany wood, with elegant black light fixtures (yellow light not eerie green), that would be perfect. I'd be right there wanting it! I'd like a toggle regarding weather which lets us set a lovely sunny day with blue skies, seagulls, and fluffy white clouds.

A nice sized mushroom house would be ever so cute for my Fae. :)

A bigger treehouse extending over more than one tree would be super, as someone mentioned earlier.

The Dimensional Portal is an interesting concept - the way the home floats in space and has an asteroid belt going around it. I'd like a variation on that where we get to live inside the black castle that is part of the Dimensional Pocket architecture.

The Ratonga would get a kick out of some kind of cheesy house, maybe a huge wedge of cheese, or a whole round of cheese, done up with tunnels and rooms, etc.

It would be uber if the housing portals in guildhalls and cities could access all types of housing, not just prestige. :D

Thanks!

SM
  14. ShyMidnight Active Member

Was thinking about Moonlight Enchantments and water and flowers... then these popped in my head.

• A medium sized houseboat anchored at a spacious dock; and
    • A pretty log cabin in the middle of a field of flowers.

SM
  15. Darcmoon Member

There was a zone in the original EQ that I spent way too much time in and would love to have part of as a house. It was the Dulak's Harbor area. The harbor was inside a giant cavern under the island. I would be willing to forego the cave system they had along with it. That would be my dream house.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome! ;)

I'm trying to do Victoria Falls and a part of the Nile, complete with muddy bottom, shores, crocodiles (without the level 79 Grobb quest [can those croc plushies PLEASE be made Tradeable?]; my poor green dragon plushies will be eating strata for a while [wish they were on all four legs!]), plants and surrounding sand, in the entry room of a 2-room Gorowyn house. 'Taint easy, but if I could have a portal to a place like that, all I'd need to add would be the water effects, etc. ;->

Uwk

P.S. I love your signature, too...I, too, miss the old forum avatars (far greater selection to choose from!).
    Geroblue and Feara like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm working on something like that in my 4-room New Halas place on the Test server (under Abrahm, an alt; it's still very much a work in progress, but do come visit and please, let me hear feedback! The "tunnel" from the "watery" entry room to the "bedroom" is giving me fits!); I'm really suspecting I'll have to use the tax-free 6-room deed I have burning a hole in my /claim list to do it right (though my Barbarian Provisioner on Crushbone is running out of room and looking desperate), AND break out to the harbor, too. :-/

As far as my dream prestige home? Something very warehouse-like, but with lots and lots of item slots (starting at 1000 would be nice) so we could definitely make our own walls, floors/ceilings, etc. from "scratch", and have the ability to change the existing walls and floors to match the look of the player-crafted items, from Maple on up. Being able to break out is great, but we're still rather limited by item slot size. ;->
    EDIT: and, of course, I wrote that before reading the excellent idea on building EVERYTHING from scratch ... shades of Star Wars: Galaxies, eh what? ;->

Uwk
    aka Abram Sappy'Yen of Test
    (for Hellboy fans: yep, you're right...I firmly believe he's why Erudites have water-breathing as a racial ability now ;->)
    Geroblue and Geden like this.
  18. Feara Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

Kisy I really love this one :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kisy like this.
  20. Morg Well-Known Member

I would like to see the cave where the Thexian prince is in DLW with a front yard be made a house, complete with the new skinned DLW trees ! Really wish they would add those trees into the moonlight enchantments.

What I MOST want though, is a way to deed my prestige house to someone when I get sick of it. That would be the most useful, either that or outright sell it back to the marketplace for the same value.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kisy like this.