Silver to gold and back again

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gharish, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Gharish Active Member

So what happens to any toons you make while your silver account is upgraded and then dropped back down after the times up on this promo?
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

They will more than likely be locked as I think Silver only allows 4 character slots however if you go back to gold, they will become available again.
  3. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

any races or classes that you create when gold that are restricted when you drop back to silver will not be playable, all gear that is restricted in silver will become restricted, same with spells. You will have all the restrictions of a silver player
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

But any spells/skills you upgrade to master while gold will stay master. And gear in your appearance slots will stay there, as long as you don't remove them. No money cap anymore for free players though, woot! Also, be sure to post as much as you can at the broker before you go silver again. :)
  5. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

then something changed let an account go ftp and the spells about those that are allowed where unusable and all the gear that was restricted ended up in my inventory
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Character slots will become locked (only the most recently played ones--what is it, 4 for Silver?, will be available). You can unlock them with character slot unlockers or by going to Gold. If you made a toon that has a race/class that is not normally available to Silver and you have not purchased an unlocker for, the toon will be unavailable to play until you either buy unlockers for that class/race or go back to Gold. Like Wingrider said, gear that isn't unlocked and is Legendary+ will pop off and go into your inventory. If you plan remaining a Silver I definitely recommend Mastering as many abilities as you can while Gold.
  7. Slugard New Member

Can I ask for clarification from someone this has happened to already who is reading please? If you have been playing since 2006 and only have 3 characters on your account and it slips into a silver accout state will you still be able to play those characters EVEN if they're a class/race that is not under the F2P model WITHOUT having to purchase any race/class unlockers?
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

If the characters were made before EQ2 went free to play, yes. If the characters were made after the game went free to play... that I'm not sure about, but I'd guess no.
  9. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

First, you may be confused with EQ, as spells and such above a free/silver membership will become unusable after you go off sub. You might even completely lose higher levels of those spells/skills. As for EQII, I have gone from gold to silver on a number of accounts, as I have gotten a few one month gold times on a number of them from boxed set codes and such, and have never lost the master levels of skills/spells I had researched.

And EQ2X accounts did not get any grandfathering, only the accounts that were EQII.
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

EQ2X did get race/classes grandfathered. I made a SK on my silver account during the free month of gold after the hacking shutdown. That SK was grandfathered in when the game went fully F2P.

Word of caution about dropping back to silver. You will only have 4 char slots left. Make sure the last 4 toons you log on are the ones you want to be in those slots. Only the most recently played 4 will not be locked out.
  11. Rykazz New Member

Well I am very disappointed and upset with SOE. If you created a new character during the winback program and either it's class or it's race is not a free one or purchased, then the character becomes locked until either you upgrade to gold or you purchase the race/class. This is not how the subscription matrix reads. This, in my opinion, is deceptive. If SOE only wants to further alienate the customers who have come back because of the winback program, this is how you do it. The subscription matrix states for classes and races with gold full access. It does not state temporarily circumvents the need to purchase the non-free races and classes. What gold truly does is temporarily circumvents not give full access. Was I mistaken in that we as a community covered this when SOE made the game F2P? It appears that SOE has not learned. I well this is an attempt to cajole returning customers into paying for the race and class packs. Making returning customers feel like they have been ensnared in a marketing trap is not a good way to win friends and customers. I have several friends who play this game only to play it with my family and I. SOE may lose up to 14 accounts just from one upset customer here. How many have not voiced an opinion?

Regards,
    One Upset customer
  12. Sucha Active Member

How many posts are you going to make on the same subject Rykazz? If you used common sense and read what is out there you could have been informed before your FREE gold TRIAL ended.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Really mate you already posted a Thread on this whole "it wasn't advertised that I would lose access after the Winback program expired" you also got plenty of feedback.

The OP asked if once the promo ended he would lose access. That answer is yes, and from your thread Rykazz we understand you are dissatisfied with a point in the fine print. Having now answered the OP's question and pointed out that duplicate posting is NOT a good idea. Everyone have a good night (as I wrote this at night. ;))
  14. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Maybe if we are lucky this freeloader will leave us..oh wait, that will put a dent on profits...oh wait no it wont lol
    byebye 14 free accnts
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

correction 4+ what ever extra character slots you bought. sigh they should have a way to let us know how many extra slots
  16. Chums New Member

Yea, I know right. How many posts does this person need to make about the same crap.
  17. ShyMidnight Active Member

Slightly different question about Silver and Gold account status changes.

I'm a new player and have upgraded my silver account by purchasing various class, race, inventory slot unlocks, and four more character slots. If I now sub gold for a year (tempted so that I can control how fast I level/get AA's), and then revert back to silver, will I have to repurchase those many silver account race/class/character slot etc upgrades? or are they now definitely a permanent fixture of my silver account - no matter how much I switch between gold subscription and silver status?

Haven't been able to find anything exactly that answers this question.

SM
  18. Mae- Well-Known Member

They should be permanent. I know for sure the character slots are.
    ShyMidnight likes this.
  19. ShyMidnight Active Member

Thanks, that's good :) I like the idea of being on upgraded silver here in EQ2 when EQNext comes out. Looking forward to it!
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah they should be permanent if you have used an Unlocker. Granted unlocking all races and classes equates to almost buying a 60-80 dollar game it at least leaves you almost full customization without paying. Still have the gear limitations though.

Though I remember how Runescape delt with Members vs non-members as RS had PvP in alot of places. If you were on a "free" server in RS your "member" items had no effect ;) though RS and EQ2 are vastly different.