Mercenary went poof...again

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ruckus, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Ruckus Well-Known Member

This is the 2nd time that this has happened on my bruiser. I know I'm not dismissing my mercenary, only suspending him, because I have the mercenary window on my screen pushed off to the side so I do not accidentally dismiss. The first time I petitioned, I was told that I had dismissed the mercenary, but now it has happened a second time. I put in another petition, and am now waiting to be told that I've yet again dismissed instead of suspended...which is hard to do when the button is not showing on my screen to keep from misclicking the wrong button.

I asked in channel if this was happening to others, and a few people said it happened to them, too.

The mercenary window is a poor design, just because the Suspend and Dismiss buttons are right beside each other.
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

I lost my merc on one of my characters after doing the signature quest. The quest merc ate my other one, and I didn't even notice for a few days =(
  3. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I don't think there should even BE a dismiss-permanently button on the UI, anywhere. Have the "Matri Dut is taking her ball and going home if you hire Kenny, yes/no?" window appear when you hire a replacement; don't require the player to ditch their existing mercenary first.

I mean, is there ever a time in the game when you'd want to permanently dismiss a merc without immediately re-hiring a different one?
  4. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

the quest or quest helper specificly tells you to suspend your regular merc before hiring the quest merc
  5. Deago Well-Known Member

Should have further prompts. Never blame the consumer.
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

Thanks, I didn't know that... oh yeah, you can't even zone into the zone without a merc, so guess that solves that problem!!! Still lost the merc from the quest.
  7. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I've lost two mercs to the Oligar bug (one a few weeks ago, and one about 10 minutes ago... curiously, both were Matri Dut... I've never lost any others, including my Perrin). Neither character had their merc spawned when they zoned in to Harrow's End. Neither character even had a merc out that whole day, since I two-box, and thus don't use mercs for "advanced solo" zones or anything else during the signature questline.

So I'm 2-for-10 losing mercs there: 100% of my Matri's, 0% of any other mercs. Odd.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

I lost my merc in Research Halls when I fell through the world. He was in my group... but not in the zone. The issue fixed though when I changed zones, so I think we have different issues.

Matri has been a bit buggy though since her introduction. I still am looking for her though.
  9. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Did that quest on all 9 of my 95's got in without a issue without a Merc up
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

Yep, guess that means there's no bug, because YOU had no issues. I forgot the whole game revolves around you.
  11. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

No it means to look deeper at your situation, it can be something unique to your configuration, and thanks for realizing that it does.......
  12. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Wow, this is hilarious. You had no issue telling everyone how the goblin harvester was just fine after revamp because you were still getting plenty of rares. So much so that you felt the need to repeat it often throughout the thread. Wingrider just mentions that he hasn't had a problem (along with most of us, btw) and you feel the need to attack.