Top 5 dps classes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Entreri808, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Entreri808 New Member

Just wondering what the top 5 dps classes are right now?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Beastlord, Assassin, Wizard, Warlock. Not sure what the fifth would be.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

RANGER! Don't act like you didn't know! :D
    Although I would specify they have the potential to be a top 5 class, lots of rangers seem to have a problem reaching it.
  4. Chronus Active Member

Beastlord, Sorcs, Predators, Summoners. For the last 6 it depends who gets buffs on who makes the top 5.
  5. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Ranger, ranger, ranger assassin, ranger :p
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I would definitely say.

Beaslord
    Conjy/Necro
    Wiz/Lock
    Ranger/Assassin.

All are the supposed T1 dps where they rank depends more on player. I see Locks beat Wizzies and BL's beat Assassins.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

From Experience at different levels, generalisation:

Single Target:
    Feral Beastlord
    Assassin
    Ranger
    Wizard
    Summoner
    Brig
    Swash

AE Fight:
    Beastlord
    Wizard
    Warlock
    Ranger
    Summoner
    Assassin
    Spiritual BL
    Swash
    Brig
  8. Chronus Active Member

You've had bad warlocks and good other classes :(
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

You'd think judging from the warlock thread in the subclass forum, that warlocks are rubbish and no way near the top!

Ignoring gear differences, my experience is that beastlords are top, followed by assassins, rangers, wizards and conjurers on single target, with brigands, swashbucklers, warlocks and necros in no particular order.

For AE fights it really depends on prestige setup, but swashbucklers jump up near the top then and assassins and beastlords don't do quite as well.
  10. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Best dps class, is played by someone who understand his class and got the support he needs to get full buffed :rolleyes:
    But in general:
    beastlord/ranger/elementalist
    warlock/necro
    coercerer/illy
    dirge/troub
    Well.... i know the last 2 where not counted to dps class, but they do well ^^
  11. Thalador Active Member

As for linked you all are putting warlock near the top. This is not the case any longer. I would say more like
    BL
    Summoners
    Wiz/assassin
    etc

Locks lost a step this xpac
  12. Koleg Active Member

Anytime there are 3 or more targets linked or not Reckless Cruasder > all... You know you all wanted to say it. Not enough Necro love in this thread, but thats to be expected from the lack of quality (class knowledge) from the current crop where many if not most of the skilled veteran Necro's /ragequit a few x-paks ago.

BLs and Wizzys still top most parses ZW and 3 thru 10 would all be dependand on Buffs, Gear and awareness. Lazy people don't make the top 5 regardless of thier class or buffs.
  13. Cynergy Active Member

Top DPS class = Cynergy
    Kalderon likes this.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

I'm working on it going to try a couple of new spec outs to see if they work any better then what I have now. but being a confirmed Altaholic well. you would probably say I don't spend enough time on my Ranger even though she is my main :p

JK. I do try what I can to make my Ranger better and luckily now I have a couple of guild mates and raid mates who are giving me some pointers and ACT is now working properly for me
  15. Draylore Well-Known Member

1) BL
    2) BL
    3) BL
    4) BL
    5) BL
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

There is so much to preface a list like this by.

Are you asking what are the top 5 solo dps classes? IE, we have to judge the classes potential entirely on their own with no support classes buffing them?
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

Surely we should?

As the perfect setup and buffs will probably never be available to everyone at the same time (think ranger in the mage group), you might as well compare self buffed or there's no comparison. At least then you know that's the base level.
  18. Atan Well-Known Member

My point being some classes see a larger % reliance on buffs from other to reach their potential. Other classes have a higher base. But the highest base isn't indicative of the highest potential. All in all, there are just a boat load of variables to consider.
  19. Koleg Active Member

You all know the highest raiding DPS class is an Inquisitor: NO other class can do 3% of a raid boss' health in one-shot.
    Leeroy likes this.
  20. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I know a ranger, who loves to be in the magegroup ;) and he does parse quit high. Above 1,000k dps, as he normal ranges at the top of dps on raids. (Yeah i know he mostly loves the illy which we put in there ^ ^)