Gathering Goblin 10 hour recast even at 5 points is back

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Derfel, Dec 7, 2012.

1. decator666 Member

Why is this bug not being fixed? I have a friend who just got 95 crafting on his first char and now has a worthless goblin...Please fix ASAP.
  2. Derfel Active Member

Indecisive goblin is indecisive. He flipped back to working as intended.
  3. Wizen Heimer New Member

Tried this and it has worked so far,,Thanks for the tip!
  4. Derfel Active Member

Indecisive goblin is now acting like others have described. He stays in instant recast mode if dismissed after being given orders, but if I zone, switch characters or log out with him up he gets the 12 hour time if he's subsequently dismissed or times out. I've never summoned him and then waited the 10 minutes without zoning to see what expiration would do so I can't tell you which timer that would produce.
  5. Derfel Active Member

So I forgot to dismiss the goblin before zoning yesterday and got the 12 hour timer. Is anyone looking into this bug or are we just out of luck? I realize as bugs go this one isn't a game stopper, but it's still pretty annoying.
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this bug is being looked into, but in the meantime, there is a work-around....

....don't forget to dismiss the goblin before zoning.o_O
  7. Xille Member

Also having this problem, but with only one of my nine TS chars - my assassin. Very annoying.
  8. Skarsha New Member

yesterday goblin was fine then yesterdays patch and BAM goblin is nerkn frelled again with 12 hour timer on my dwarf zerker but is fine on my barb pali?? really sony? really? lol so nerf goblin breake goblin nerf goblin nerf experimentation, so what have u got planned for mass production? im really curious because surely its next .
  9. Kethryl Active Member

I can't say I've ever encountered an issue, but then I always summon, retrieve, send out, and then dismiss. I never leave the goblin (or pack pony) up for more than a minute. That seems to work 100% of the time for me (and I don't run around Norrath with random things following me).
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

It seems to be related to leaving the thing up then zoning. At this point you basically have two choices: 1) leave the thing up and get the timer, or 2) dismiss it before you zone. Since there is a way to avoid having the timer happen, this bug is probably not high on the priority list*.

*Or it wouldn't be if I was making the list.