Lg. Freeport Guild Hall loading problem.

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

We recently moved into the large Freeport Guild Hall which this past week or so, I've been decorating. There is a problem with loading the items I've placed in the entrance area and the hallway which leads to the upstairs and downstairs rooms. The image below shows where the items are not loaded properly, and the bottom row where they are. In the top row images you will notice the center carpet and center step are missing, and in the hallway, all the carpets are missing. (These are the only items which seem to be effected by this bug.)
    [IMG]

I can make the items load properly by, while in the guild hall, loading a saved layout, then exiting and re-entering the guild hall and/or camping out and logging back into the guild hall, but this doesn't permanently fix the problem as it re appears when I log out and/or come back as a different character. Other guild members also see this problem as well, so it isn't just my computer problem.

I've submitted a bug report, but since there is no feedback, I wanted to take this opportunity to make SOE staff aware of this problem, so hopefully it is resolved sooner rather than later.

Thanks.
  2. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Items that are mostly in doorways, like your carpet, in order to keep them from bugging out, you need to resize it so it is smaller, if just over 1/2 of the item width or length is hidden in the doorways it will invis. If you have items 'sunk' into walls or floors push them closer to the center and/or up by .0359 have everyone stay out of the hall for about 15 minutes or do it when playtime is low, then go back into the hall and continue adjusting. Make sure when sinking items they are all the same up/down, e/w, n/s where applicable so that if some are disappearing others wont.

The main problem that I have found is there is a limit to how low you can go or how far into a wall you can go, if you push beyond that limit, you will have items that poof.
    Rawl likes this.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep, items if sunk too far will vanish and if they don't they wont collide or be selectable for editing. The game determines the "draw distance" of an item based on most probably if the renderer can "see" the item. If during the render pass the game engine does not "see" the item because it is mostly hidden or the center point is under the ground it won't register and thereby won't render. Kitzy's suggestion is indeed how I have fixed this issue.
    Rawl likes this.
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, I adjusted the height of the carpets and the step. I think that fixed it. at least logging in on a different character didn't make the problem reappear :)
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

Actually, what I did prior to posting that didn't really work with the middle carpet in the entrance hall area. I tried something else, which doesn't look as good but is acceptable, and i've zoned in on several occassions and it still is appearing correctly, so the problem has been resolved.

On a side note, I guess I should apologize to SOE for blaming them for the problem (bug) I created for myself. I also want to thank you people who took the time to enlighten me and help me resolve this issue with your words of advice.

Thanks! :)
    Happy New Year!!
  6. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Glad you got it fixed! Silly disappearing items..

Happy New Year!