Norrathian Super Hero Dungeon Decorating Contest

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mythical House Item, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Norrathian Super Hero
    Dungeon
    Decorating Contest

Hosted by
    Kitzy Cogknocker
    of
    Homes and Tomes on Antonia Bayle

Are your decorator-senses tingling? No matter if your favorite Super Hero is Dr. Strange, The Tick, or Mighty Mouse; here’s your opportunity to represent them in Norrathian form!

HOW TO ENTER

All players, regardless of home server are invited to participate. You will need to contact Kitzy via in-game mail or private message me on these boards of your intent to participate, dungeon layout to be used, and super hero your dungeon is themed after. Please make sure you read the rules carefully and happy decorating!

GRAND PRIZE

WILL RECEIVE ONE
    KRONO TOKEN

FIRST RUNNER UP

WILL RECEIVE ONE
    MARKET PLACE PRESTIGE HOME
    OF THE WINNER’S CHOICE

SECOND RUNNER UP

WILL RECEIVE ONE OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING

Bonecrystal Weapon Home Display Crate
    Cinder Weapon Home Display Crate
    Stormcatcher’s Weapon Home Display Crate
    Chillborne Weapon Home Display Crate
    Earth Runed Weapon Home Display Crate

OFFICIAL RULES

1.Participants must decorate a Dungeon Maker made dungeon for this contest.
    2.Participants must contact Kitzy on Antonia Bayle via in-game mail (Antonia_Bayle.Kitzy for non AB players) or by private message on these boards on or before January 5th, 2013 with the following information:

-Main Character Name
    -Character Name that created the dungeon
    -Dungeon Layout and Title
    -Server Name the dungeon is located on
    -Super Hero the dungeon is themed after

3.Participants must make the Super Hero theme realistic to Norrath, (i.e. Supergnome or Mighty Ratonga instead of Superman or Mighty Mouse)
    4.Dungeons must include a player written book describing the following:

-Who your Norrathian Super Hero is.
    -The Scene the Dungeon is representing.
    -History between the Arch Nemesis and, if applicable, who/how the damsel or dude in distress is related to the super hero.

5.There must be at least three (3) fights and one (1) climactic fight scene for a minimum total of four (4) fights.
    6.NPC enemies must speak in relative sayings toward the theme; i.e. “You’ll pay for this you meddling gnome!”
    7.Participants will need to publish their dungeon NO LATER than Tuesday, January 25th, 2013.
    8.Participants will be judged on the following categories:

-Implementation of Theme
    -Creativity
    -Effective Use of Space
    -Style
    -Story

9.In the event of a tie, players will be contacted to participate in a ‘speed decorating’ challenge.

This is a solo decorator competition, it is implied that the person entering the competition is the person doing the decorating and only one prize will be given per placing.

Judging will take place from January 26th - January 30th. Winners will be announced on January 31st and will have until February 5th to claim their prizes.

Good Luck and Happy Decorating!
    Anonymous Decorator likes this.
  2. Anonymous Decorator New Member

this sounds like fun! thanks for putting it together. does your guild supply the prizes?
  3. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

I hope you are planning on participating! The contests are set up & managed by me, and the prizes are all paid out of my own pocket.

My fabulous guildies of Homes and Tomes helped with crafting for the Annual Creative Minds Decorating Contest and with judging last month's contest.
  4. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Don't forget to sign up before the 5th!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Will we get a chance to see the entries/winners? I don't have Dungeon Maker, so I'm not sure I could even access them to run in them. :-(

On the flip side, I do have characters on Antonia Bayle...and I'm a big fan of Hellboy; that should be interesting. ;->

Uwk
  6. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

You don't have to have DM to run them, I do it on my alt account. And it is for all servers, not just AB!